Check your account email address ×

Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

workforce participation is still poor which is what keeps the rate low.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-jobs-report-november-2016-2016-12

The unemployment rate dropped to 4.6%, while labor-force participationas a share of the working-age population declined to 62.7%, remaining near the lowest level since the 1970s. Fewer people are joining the labor force on net partly because baby boomers are retiring in droves.

The participation force numbers will drop even more in the next few years I believe,  there is a large number of people who will be turning 59 1/2  and will get out of the workforce myself included.

17 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The participation force numbers will drop even more in the next few years I believe,  there is a large number of people who will be turning 59 1/2  and will get out of the workforce myself included.

yep

Edited by Snoslinger

Interesting article.  Basically says the deal is shit.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trumps-carrier-speech-absolutely-chilling-222042942.html

"Pethokoukis, a scholar with the conservative-leaning American Enterprise Institute, called it the worst economic speech since Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale promised to reverse Reaganomics in 1984."

"We certainly don't want to take as our guide to creating jobs special tax breaks for a company that earned $7.5 billion in profits last year, got $6 billion in defense contracts, paid its top five executives $50 million, in order to preserve 1,000 out of 2,100 jobs," said Shapiro.

"It's essentially a transfer from the taxpayers of Indiana, who are providing these tax breaks, to the shareholders of United Technology plus those 1,000 workers. That's really not a model for creating jobs across America," he added.

6 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Interesting article.  Basically says the deal is shit.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trumps-carrier-speech-absolutely-chilling-222042942.html

"Pethokoukis, a scholar with the conservative-leaning American Enterprise Institute, called it the worst economic speech since Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale promised to reverse Reaganomics in 1984."

"We certainly don't want to take as our guide to creating jobs special tax breaks for a company that earned $7.5 billion in profits last year, got $6 billion in defense contracts, paid its top five executives $50 million, in order to preserve 1,000 out of 2,100 jobs," said Shapiro.

"It's essentially a transfer from the taxpayers of Indiana, who are providing these tax breaks, to the shareholders of United Technology plus those 1,000 workers. That's really not a model for creating jobs across America," he added.

LOL!   Outstanding article...of crap by another Pro-Hillary supporter.  :lol:

Do you people believe everything you read that fits exactly what you want to believe?  Never mind...it's a rhetorical.

Here's your new god author.  :lol:

Jacob Pramuk

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!   Outstanding article...of crap by another Pro-Hillary supporter.  :lol:

Do you people believe everything you read that fits exactly what you want to believe?  Never mind...it's a rhetorical.

Here's your new god author.  :lol:

Jacob Pramuk

Is that Robert Shapiro or Jimmy Pethokoukis?

:dunno:

Just now, ckf said:

I  don't think he will try to get re-elected in 2020. Back to business and family after four years of making Ameraica great again :thumb:

Me either.  I'd guess it'll be somebody in his cabinet that runs...and wins.  Dems will put up P-diddy.  Or maybe they should see if Putin will run for them.  :lol:

On 12/1/2016 at 2:35 PM, Mainecat said:

Imagine you live in the state or town that gave away your tax dollars? Voters should have to approve something like this its their money.

Have you lost your mind MC? The taxes are incentives that they will not have to pay on earnings or property taxes. It's not coming out of your pocket.