Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

My back yard , last summer. Hoping to get it looking like this in another month. Been fucking cold here.

rear summer.jpg

Looks good.:thumbsup:   

Weather has sucked. It might snow again. I haven't even taken the boat out to get it ready, it has sucked so bad. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Looks good.:thumbsup:   

Weather has sucked. It might snow again. I haven't even taken the boat out to get it ready, it has sucked so bad. 

All of April has been like march weather. right at freezing every morning and some days not even breaking 45, blows.

13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

All of April has been like march weather. right at freezing every morning and some days not even breaking 45, blows.

Welcome to my world,  lol.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I hear you, I think we got more snow in April than we did in January. 

Here's the wife's latest project I'm helping her with.A friend gave us 2 old oars so I cut them down and she put the vinyl on the one sofar. I took a piece of wood and did a cutout and it's not quite finished yet and she sold it already. I'm gonna start looking for old oars and also doing them out of blank wood. 

20200424_162223.jpg

20200424_162842.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Here's the wife's latest project I'm helping her with.A friend gave us 2 old oars so I cut them down and she put the vinyl on the one sofar. I took a piece of wood and did a cutout and it's not quite finished yet and she sold it already. I'm gonna start looking for old oars and also doing them out of blank wood. 

Hey, George, one of my paddles that I keep in the boat has a lot of the shellac/finish coming off. I brought it home in the fall as a winter project but never got around to. Your post reminded me of that. :bc: Just curious, after I get all the old/peeling stuff off of it, what should I use to refinish/stain it? It is not daily use paddle, just one of the required ones that I keep in the boat. Is regular shellac/stain all that is required or is there something more special that should be applied? 

18 minutes ago, irv said:

Hey, George, one of my paddles that I keep in the boat has a lot of the shellac/finish coming off. I brought it home in the fall as a winter project but never got around to. Your post reminded me of that. :bc: Just curious, after I get all the old/peeling stuff off of it, what should I use to refinish/stain it? It is not daily use paddle, just one of the required ones that I keep in the boat. Is regular shellac/stain all that is required or is there something more special that should be applied? 

You can use a good outdoor varathane or urethane and put a few coats on it. If it's gonna be in sight and you want it to pop get some bartop epoxy. This one I'm doing for our friends where I dock my boat. Once I strip it and the wife does the vinyl I'm gonna epoxy it. 

20200425_101901.jpg

Edited by smokin george

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

You can use a good outdoor varathane or urethane and put a few coats on it. If it's gonna be in sight and you want it to pop get some bartop epoxy. This one I'm doing for our friends where I dock my boat. Once I strip it and the wife does the vinyl I'm gonna epoxy it. 

Thanks George. 

This paddle just stays in my side locker and is just there for those in case I need it emergencies. Normally it is there year round as I normally don't take them out of the boat, even during storage.

I'm pretty sure my wife has Varathane or Urethane somewhere.

Enjoy your day. :bc:

Had to go to Wally to get Dad's fucking donuts (kidding, they are my mom's fav and I would do anything to make sure she has 'em) and finally saw it. Knew this day would come... just had to wait for it.

fm.thumb.PNG.18baa86e00aae0af89ce8413ed128071.PNG

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Had to go to Wally to get Dad's fucking donuts (kidding, they are my mom's fav and I would do anything to make sure she has 'em) and finally saw it. Knew this day would come... just had to wait for it.

fm.thumb.PNG.18baa86e00aae0af89ce8413ed128071.PNG

Is that guy in a gas mask or something.