Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

8 bulbs short of having almost the whole house LED lighting and CFL free. 

Anyone ever trying selling used but working CFL bulbs?

Sidenote - anyone ever see a crank seal labeled 72x30x10 but the OD is way bigger than 72mm?  

Yes,I have seen bulbs being sold. You would need a shit load of them though.

Just now, Woodtick said:

Yes,I have seen bulbs being sold. You would need a shit load of them though.

I just checked Craigslist.  I think I'll keep them and when we move, take the LED's with me.  Only took me 30 minutes to put them all in so far.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:07 PM, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here have some under the cabinet LED light strip recommendations?  I'm sick of looking at these little halogens and watching them burn out if you look at them wrong or shut the cabinet door too hard.  

i got mine at amazon for under my kitchen cabinets

bunch of sizes easy install work well lights not a bad color

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJSJRAC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, racinfarmer said:

Riding mower needs $200+ in parts that I refuse to spend on it and the push more is now blowing blue smoke like a old pre-mix sled.

Anyone need some cheap mowers?

I have 7 or so mowers in half working condition I'm so sick of mowers nobody makes anything that works for more than a few months anymore!  We should start a mower swap meet and dump this shit.

Bought this tire machine at Harbor Freight a few months ago during one of their super coupon sales for $35.  Tried it out for the first time today and I'm pleasantly surprised!  It works pretty damn good!  It's already paid for itself and saved me some money on it's first use!  Also for mounting lube I whipped up a home made cocktail of body wash, mineral oil, & water - It's as slippery and slimey as the shop stuff!

thing.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

10 Commandments of the Garage:

1.  I am the Subaru, your Jalop. There is no Jalop but me, Miatas, brown manual diesel wagons, home-made track day cars, that Morgan trike, shooting brakes, restomod British cars, and ‘Utes. Jalop is polytheistic.

2.  Though shalt bring no badge engineering before me.

3.  Do not take the name of the manual transmission in vain.

4.  Remember to wrench on weekends, in thy garage, driveway, shed, or communal space.

5.  Honour thy mother or father-mobile, for minivans are practical and safe, and the kids will move out eventually.

6.  Though shalt not do burnouts leaving cars and coffee; take it to a consecrated circuit before thy kills a spectator.

7.  Though shalt not be such an adult that one does not turn into a twelve year-old kid when a Lamborghini pulls up beside thine.

8.  Thou shalt not steal, though getting a sweet deal on an undervalued Craigslist barn find is divine.

9.  Thou shalt not tell people that thy neighbour’s Mustang is a crappy base model with the V6 auto - buddy worked hard for that ride, it’s all he can afford.

10.  Though shall totally covet thy neighbours tools. Just ask first and always return them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

So I got sick of using a Vise Grip as a spring puller in the race trailer, so I ordered up a spring puller from the Racer's Store and this shows up.  The red handled one is the one in my home toolbox. 

WTF Cat?!?!?!

IMG_20171020_195844540[1].jpg

Order one of these. I have one for the garage , one for the trailer 

https://c-tpowersports.com/2013website/product/Exhaust Spring Puller15.html

41 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I can get the same one I have at Fleet Farm for $8 or something like that.  Don't need 16" in a spring puller. 

Could use a couple extra inches in another area though.  

21 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I can get the same one I have at Fleet Farm for $8 or something like that.  Don't need 16" in a spring puller. 

Pretty sure they sell a 12" too

24 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I made a sprig puller out of an old large screw driver and it works awesome. Used a cut off wheel to put a notch in the tip and one on the side. Works great on those exhaust springs 

I purchased a brake installation kit years ago and use the brake spring tool that came with it for doing a lot of jobs. It is super strong and hasn't failed me yet. The angle of the hook is a little less pronounced than the one above and that makes it easier for removing it after the spring is installed.

20 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I have that same one. But I’ve found that sometimes the needle nose vice grips are better for putting the springs back on in a tight spot.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I have that same one. But I’ve found that sometimes the needle nose vice grips are better for putting the springs back on in a tight spot.

Sometimes you have to try different angles, but I've never had a problem with that tool.  I don't trust vise grips with springs.  Had one slip and go flying once.  Hit me in the cheek. Never again after that