FSCE Shop Talk

On 11/20/2016 at 10:26 AM, racinfarmer said:

I'd have definitively gone that way if there was 3 matching fixtures in there, but 3 different ones.  :bc:

And in other shop talk, if you are looking for a way to organize your pliers drawer, 99 cent Goodwill CD rack:

IMG_20160712_2014200712_zps6txqc0fu.jpg

Fucking awesome

On 12/13/2016 at 10:23 AM, racer254 said:

Fucking awesome

I condensed 3 drawers to 2, which was really nice to store more shit I don't need in. Well worth the trip to Goodwill.  Definitely recommend checking it out if you are looking to free up a little room and/or are a little anal retentive.  

14 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

did some work in the garage today.  I had it 60+ degrees in there all day, about 10 degrees outside.  Put new roof, windshield, Bluetooth stereo, and LED light bar on the RZR today.  I've got a lot more plans for this little buggy.

RZR led.jpg

Typical RZR ownership.... :lol:   Theres a ton of accessories for these things. Sold my S-900, looking to replace it with a xp1000 :bc: 

0515161811.jpg

On 12/17/2016 at 10:01 PM, Fireball 440 said:

I flipped the rear roll cage upside down and it made a perfect shelf for the boom tube.

IMG_20161217_113200.jpg

got a 2015 Rzr 900 4 seater myself. 

I think the addiction for SxS is worse than sleds for accessories....I just can't stop buying shit for it. 

19 hours ago, Legend said:

got a 2015 Rzr 900 4 seater myself. 

I think the addiction for SxS is worse than sleds for accessories....I just can't stop buying shit for it. 

I'm having the same problem.  Just ordered 2 axles and a belt for my RZR, and rounding up front diff bearing & sprague kits in my watch list "just in case" lol.

Also today I rounded up enough random good parts to build a Rotax 583, just need full gasket set for $50 more to finish, clutch to recoil complete with carbs and fuel pump. Including spark plugs I'll have under $150 into this ultimate budget build. 

IMG_20161223_155555.jpg

• Like 1

Putting it in the Moto-Ski?

I have a pair of Yamaha 292's on the bench right now myself.  I know the tapered crank motor is going to get built, maybe next week.  Not sure about the splined shaft motor.  

Hoping to find a cheap Roll-O-Flex chassis to put one in.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Putting it in the Moto-Ski?

I have a pair of Yamaha 292's on the bench right now myself.  I know the tapered crank motor is going to get built, maybe next week.  Not sure about the splined shaft motor.  

Hoping to find a cheap Roll-O-Flex chassis to put one in.  

Why a Roll O Flex ? 

19 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Thought to have the lowest rolling resistance of the one lunger sleds for racing, plus I can put my Yamaha 292's in it. 

I was aware that Roll O flex used , CCW ,Yamaha premix , and Kohler engines at the end , never heard about the lowest rolling resistance. Two guys in  Alden MI have a small collection of Roll O Flex sleds.  Sure see a lot of Yamaha fanners racing , seems a bit of interest in the old Suzuki produced sleds for vintage racing.  Best of luck to you.

7 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

I was aware that Roll O flex used , CCW ,Yamaha premix , and Kohler engines at the end , never heard about the lowest rolling resistance. Two guys in  Alden MI have a small collection of Roll O Flex sleds.  Sure see a lot of Yamaha fanners racing , seems a bit of interest in the old Suzuki produced sleds for vintage racing.  Best of luck to you.

Our Roll O Flex had a CCW.  I never knew they were sought after for racing.  There are a few around here, but you don't see them very often any more.  

On 12/24/2016 at 4:28 PM, hwytohell said:

Cat's are probably the most popular for one lunger racing because you can put any motor in them.  Yamaha's are heavier and take a little more knowledge to build up, but have a better motor.  I know of a old Suzuki 292 single sitting in a garage I'm trying to convince a friend or my brother to get and try racing it.  I'd be cheap or free, but I think they are hard to find engine parts for.  

On 12/24/2016 at 4:39 PM, sledderj said:

Our Roll O Flex had a CCW.  I never knew they were sought after for racing.  There are a few around here, but you don't see them very often any more.  

I wouldn't go right to sought after for racing, but a few people are pretty adamant they have the lowest rolling resistance, and plus you can run them with Yamaha 292 engines in the HR or HD class for one lunger racing.  I rarely see them, so I'm going to be sticking with the Yamaha or might switch to a Cat.  

Fireball, yes/no on the driver issue.  The guys to take the Yamaha's really seriously go and find a GS340 or GP300 to pillage for parts, mostly the skid and drive axle, and spend the $500-600 for a new 114" Camso track with a 2.52 pitch on it.  What they spend on a track is more then I have into my whole sled.

Edited by racinfarmer