FSCE Shop Talk

FSCE'ers.

Topic: Front shock upgrade for the Viper.

Choices:

Upgrade existing Floats to Float EVOL's for $350 + kit install ($100 est)

Upgrade to take off QS3's, price TBD

Dig around and find some 04-05-06 Sno Pro 440 shocks

Thoughts? 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

FSCE'ers.

Choices:

Thoughts? 

Drop some weight or drop the 4 stroke,or both. That sled is to front end heavy. Shocks won't help!

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

FSCE'ers.

Choices:

Thoughts? 

I would go with the Evol's, that's a big improvement over the standard non-resi floats, if you can get into the Q's for a good price without breaking the bank that's a great option that I would do,..but that is dependent on the price.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Drop some weight or drop the 4 stroke,or both. That sled is to front end heavy. Shocks won't help!

We'll see if the Viper sticks around another year or not.  It is not an ungroomed trails 20-30mph all day sled, that is for sure.  

15 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I would go with the Evol's, that's a big improvement over the standard non-resi floats, if you can get into the Q's for a good price without breaking the bank that's a great option that I would do,..but that is dependent on the price.

I think I am going to cross off the QS3 shocks off the list.  It would cost me ~$1500 to do the whole sled in them, I think.  

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

We'll see if the Viper sticks around another year or not.  It is not an ungroomed trails 20-30mph all day sled, that is for sure.  

I think I am going to cross off the QS3 shocks off the list.  It would cost me ~$1500 to do the whole sled in them, I think.  

There is a guy here in Syracuse selling a set of front evol x's off a 13 800rr for $600, if you're interested I'll get you the info,.I'm sure you could get $300 for your stock floats..

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/snw/5933314234.html

Edited by Rigid1

6 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Speaking of rivets. My ACE/ACO rivet gun that I've had for probably close to 30 years, finally quit working. Bought this one from HD the other day.  2-3 squeezes and it snaps the nail off like nothing. $24.99

IMG_20170102_220736145.jpg

Yeah, I've got the same one.  Definitely nicer design but after about 10 steel rivers, well....I'm going with a pneumatic gun.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I've got the same one.  Definitely nicer design but after about 10 steel rivers, well....I'm going with a pneumatic gun.

Don't cheap out on a pneumatic gun!  You really do get what you pay for those that particular item!

51 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I love my pneumatic rivet gun! The one and only draw back of the one I have is the size.

x2.  Makes quick work when you gotta fasten a whole bunch of rivets. :bc: 

Only way I'd invest in a pneumatic is if I had a big job to do, like a tunnel replacement.  Haven't had to do one of those tho, because I have had "unicorn sleds" and haven't come across any "frozen pop cans" in the trails yet. :lol:   Other than that, I don't see the need for one.  

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, Fireball 440 said:

Changed all fluids trans, x-fer case, engine oil, diffs. Did a couple of the free mods from the rzr forums.

IMG_20170101_173046.jpg

Did you do the pre-filter?  I added it last year and it works great.  Very dusty where we ride. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Legend said:

^^^never seen those before. Thats pretty sweet.

X2.

I have always, on bolts/screws that I knew would be a pain, gave a tap with a hammer on the end of my screwdriver/ratchet just to jar them loose. It definitely helps but doesn't always guarantee success. That tool looks like it would work most of the time for sure. Thanks for posting. 

1 hour ago, irv said:

X2.

I have always, on bolts/screws that I knew would be a pain, gave a tap with a hammer on the end of my screwdriver/ratchet just to jar them loose. It definitely helps but doesn't always guarantee success. That tool looks like it would work most of the time for sure. Thanks for posting. 

Check out something called a hand impact.  

It is more oriented toward screws, but I've got mine to work on bolts before too.  They are about $30 for the Craftsman one, which works excellent.

I rarely use mine, but when I need it, it is a lifesaver.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Check out something called a hand impact.  

It is more oriented toward screws, but I've got mine to work on bolts before too.  They are about $30 for the Craftsman one, which works excellent.

I rarely use mine, but when I need it, it is a lifesaver.  

Thanks, I'll be sure to check one of those out.