Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The sun won Princeton this year.  

No luck on parts I actually needed and there were 2 sleds I'm glad left today before I made insultingly low offers on them.

Yeah, I feel the same way sometimes.  You really need to feel the “inner tool” in yourself to throw a lowball or two sometimes.

I grabbed this today so, can’t wait to spray something!!!!!  Time to put my old POS Air Wagner out to pasture.  I always hated that fucking thing.

D664A0D3-5D57-407C-84B5-D51887FC47FD.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I feel the same way sometimes.  You really need to feel the “inner tool” in yourself to throw a lowball or two sometimes.

One was a 1974 Lynx 292 that I'd call "racer quality" and the other was a 1978 or so Enticer 340 Long Track.  

I was afraid to make an insultingly low offer on the chance they would take them.  

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I grabbed this today so, can’t wait to spray something!!!!!  Time to put my old POS Air Wagner out to pasture.  I always hated that fucking thing.

D664A0D3-5D57-407C-84B5-D51887FC47FD.jpeg

pump armor is your friend especaly on the consumer models . use it after every spray when you won't be using for again for a few days or more .

if you don't you will be buying a new one and saying why did that pos Wagner last a decade longer than this thing .

36 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

pump armor is your friend especaly on the consumer models . use it after every spray when you won't be using for again for a few days or more .

if you don't you will be buying a new one and saying why did that pos Wagner last a decade longer than this thing .

Thanks.  Yeah, I don’t see using this that often so I’ll need to keep it well conditioned. Wife wants me to redo some chairs and a swing.  I’m gonna experiment using it to repaint my daughters room and there will be the occasional client. 

LOL....it’s kinda like buying a new chainsaw (or other toy),  I’ll find shit to fuck up for a couple weeks before I get bored with it.  :lmao:

Just now, awful knawful said:

Not a fan of ralleys, poker runs or big groups. Looks like you had fun.

ah they are never fast adrenalin filled days but always a good time shooting the shit /joking with people prob 3/4 of them were sledders . and I got a receipt lol 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Been hanging around the shop all week, so much crap here..I found 2 brand new Robin power heads, some brand new shafts,..This is new old stock made from 1989-1996ish..So got to work finding pieces to get them going..Fired them both up about an hour ago..And do they scream!! Engine housings are all steel, 26mm shafts..Set one up as bicycle handle brush cutter and one as a normal trimmer with a rapid loader head.. I've got $50 into two new additions to the fleet..Pumped

IMG_20190828_123012953.jpg

IMG_20190828_122956286.jpg

IMG_20190828_122938467.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If I was starting a good set from scratch, I'd probably get those.  

All I had was the regular Craftsman sets, nothing special.  Anything I dont use any more in the shop will end up in the box in my garage.  

Edit, what do you have?

Edited by teamgreen02

31 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

All I had was the regular Craftsman sets, nothing special.  Anything I dont use any more in the shop will end up in the box in my garage.  

Edit, what do you have?

A old Stanley USA sets, which is actually a Proto wrench stamped Stanley.  Also have Craftsman and whatever I've picked up at auctions cheap.  

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Maynard’s is stocking Craftsman stuff now.  From tools to mowers and blowers.  It’s weird seeing it there.

Lowes, ace hardware, napa, and Sears all carry Craftsman now. There are probably a few more I'm forgetting. Basically anywhere Stanley doesnt already have a tool line I think you will start seeing them show up. 

The new factory for hand tools opens next year in Texas for some made in the USA craftsman tools!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got a four post ordered. Went with the 9000lb. This one is longer & wider. The other ones would be a tight fit for the Ram. And if the wife, or i, am driving underneath it alot I figured the wider the better.

https://www.babco.ca/Peak-409-P

pk409p_01.jpg

Edited by awful knawful

20 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Got a four post ordered. Went with the 9000lb. This one is longer & wider. The other ones would be a tight fit for the Ram. And if the wife, or i, am driving underneath it alot I figured the wider the better.

pk409p_01.jpg

I always  wanted on but never got around to it.  

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Almost done lifting the Jeep. What a pain in the ass with out a lift. And the directions were for another model and so was the hardware.

C3C68D4F-3CB8-4F54-AACF-2006D48E2557.jpeg

What kind of lift?  Spacers?

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I always  wanted on but never got around to it.  

What kind of lift?  Spacers?

Yes and no. It’s made by Rocky Road Outfitters. It was a royal pain in the ass to put it. It will ride like factory and those spacer lifts ride like shit. After doing this job I decided I don’t like working on my own cars.:lol:I saved around $750 by doing it myself though. To get it to ride nice, I put in long travel shocks as well. It only lifts it around 2 1/2”, but takes out the bad rake it had before.

8ABEDB32-FADB-40C4-B231-F5BDD67BC538.jpeg

58D7E9CD-3FFA-4998-8D57-45F7D9AF889D.jpeg

9D4E391C-DCAD-429F-B2CC-DD54C1924624.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yes and no. It’s made by Rocky Road Outfitters. It was a royal pain in the ass to put it. It will ride like factory and those spacer lifts ride like shit. After doing this job I decided I don’t like working on my own cars.:lol:I saved around $750 by doing it myself though. To get it to ride nice, I put in long travel shocks as well. It only lifts it around 2 1/2”, but takes out the bad rake it had before.

8ABEDB32-FADB-40C4-B231-F5BDD67BC538.jpeg

58D7E9CD-3FFA-4998-8D57-45F7D9AF889D.jpeg

9D4E391C-DCAD-429F-B2CC-DD54C1924624.jpeg

Looks good!  Yeah...I hate the rake in all the cars.  I just put in a 2.5 leveling kit in my Tundra.  Fairly easy but yeah....there comes a time when it's no longer a hobby of joy so much as just another job to do.  I've grown tired of busting knuckle and doing ground level body contortions. I remind myself of this when I keep thinking about my Jeep wrangler project I've been half ass planning for a couple of years now.  :lol: 

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

pk409p_01.jpg

Those are nice.

Looking at this for the house to tie us over til we get the 5 car garage.

https://www.quickjacklift.ca/car-lift-systems/bl-7000slx-portable-car-lift.html

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Looks good!  Yeah...I hate the rake in all the cars.  I just put in a 2.5 leveling kit in my Tundra.  Fairly easy but yeah....there comes a time when it's no longer a hobby of joy so much as just another job to do.  I've grown tired of busting knuckle and doing ground level body contortions. I remind myself of this when I keep thinking about my Jeep wrangler project I've been half ass planning for a couple of years now.  :lol: 

Know what you mean. I've been putting off the ball joints in my 89 F-150 for 3 years now but finally last winter an axle u joint let loose so now that it's fall it's go time working on the cold hard floor.

19 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Know what you mean. I've been putting off the ball joints in my 89 F-150 for 3 years now but finally last winter an axle u joint let loose so now that it's fall it's go time working on the cold hard floor.

It's funny.  I'm always reworking my garage and I was looking at not only my tool box but cases, drawers and shelves filled with pullers, clamps, specialized tools and all kinds of shit I've collected over the decades to work on my vehicles that I'll most likely never use again. But, I have no serious interest in getting rid of it???  Shit, the only thing I've gotten rid of was my engine hoist.  I know FOR SURE I'm not doing that type of shit anymore.  But why in the fuck do I still have my timing guns?  :lol: 

.....and where are all my 10mm sockets!!!!!!!!!!  :lol: