Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

53 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nice!  I’ve used Husky brand for years now.  Never a single problem with either and they are a fair price.  

Its a tank, something like 650 pounds.  I had them put it in my truck with a fork lift.  The neighbor had to come over with his skid loader to get it out.  We had to take all the drawers out to put the wheels on and set the top piece on the bottom.  Made in Vietnam, not China.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Its a tank, something like 650 pounds.  I had them put it in my truck with a fork lift.  The neighbor had to come over with his skid loader to get it out.  We had to take all the drawers out to put the wheels on and set the top piece on the bottom.  Made in Vietnam, not China.

Vietnam?  Well, if it’s anything like my AC gear.  The drawers will be too small to hold anything comfortably.  :lol:

Little gooks.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Vietnam?  Well, if it’s anything like my AC gear.  The drawers will be too small to hold anything comfortably.  :lol:

Little gooks.

The only thing I'm worried about is socket trays.  Need to make sure the long drawer is deep enough.

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

learned my lesson on that one.  

I'll pay someone to pressure wash the house,  did pick up a cheapie electric to wash the cars and to wash down my shed which had gotten pretty gross.  Works fine for that but nothing more.  

I was thinking of picking up an electric unit, just for what you said. A little less hassle than the big gas unit. 

17 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I was thinking of picking up an electric unit, just for what you said. A little less hassle than the big gas unit. 

Get a gas one.  It will be good for blowing the trespassers on your property away :lol2:

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Nice!  I’ve used Husky brand for years now.  Never a single problem with either and they are a fair price.  

Their old stuff used to be made in the US, including their toolboxes.

8 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

The only thing I'm worried about is socket trays.  Need to make sure the long drawer is deep enough.

I recommend Hansen brand ones.  

On 8/15/2019 at 6:28 PM, racinfarmer said:

Their old stuff used to be made in the US, including their toolboxes.

I recommend Hansen brand ones.  

Picked some of the Hansen trays up. Seem nice but the half inch deep tray doesnt fit in my box. I'm not sure if I'll just cut off a bit or go buy something else. Gonna look and see what the options are.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, Zambroski said:

God, I used to do all that shit.  Somewhere along the way, I lost interest.  Don’t even change my own oil anymore.  Just work on my toys...still love that.

Didn't you use spring compressors to help with the swap?  

X2.  I’ll tackle most anything if I have the right tools and understand the process.  I dont bend like I used to though, and if Im going to be on my knees the whole time, I might just pay the guy.  

13 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Me too, usually.  I'm a bit of a tool snob.

You look like you have a nice setup.  My tools are in rough shape, but they do the job.  Ordered a new track for the turbo, so thats todays project, getting the old one off, changing the engine and chaincase oil, gearing and skis, checking bearings etc.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

20 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Me too, usually.  I'm a bit of a tool snob.

I have a decent toolcase,breaker bar and a small floor Jack when towing. My toolbox in the garage is prettywell stocked with everything I'll need to handle most jobs

20190419_115841.jpg

Edited by smokin george
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I have a decent toolcase,breaker bar and a small floor Jack when towing. My toolbox in the garage is prettywell stocked with everything I'll need to handle most jobs

20190419_115841.jpg

Is that a stocked fridge on the end?  

:bc:

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

X2.  I’ll tackle most anything if I have the right tools and understand the process.  I dont bend like I used to though, and if Im going to be on my knees the whole time, I might just pay the guy.  

It’s rare I do any work on my cars anymore.   But I have a great sled lift (I waited too long to buy) and have a good set of knee pads (I waited too long to start using) to help make the sled work much better.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s rare I do any work on my cars anymore.   But I have a great sled lift (I waited too long to buy) and have a good set of knee pads (I waited too long to start using) to help make the sled work much better.

Yeah I bought one too a couple years ago too. makes working on them so much easier.

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You look like you have a nice setup.  My tools are in rough shape, but they do the job.  Ordered a new track for the turbo, so thats todays project, getting the old one off, changing the engine and chaincase oil, gearing and skis, checking bearings etc.  :bc: 

My shop is getting there. I need to concrete the other half now since I'm running out of room.  Might put a car lift in later once I have things where I want them.  Need a new compressor soon too.

Good you are getting a head start on sled projects. Winter will be here before we know it.  Always easier doing things when it is nice out in the fall.

Edited by teamgreen02
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

My shop is getting there. I need to concrete the other half now since I'm running out of room.  Might put a car lift in later once I have things where I want them.  Need a new compressor soon too.

Good you are getting a head start on sled projects. Winter will be here before we know it.  Always easier doing things when it is nice out in the fall.

Car lift is next. Few weeks or so.

Just trying to figure out what size I want. 

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I need a bigger compressor and a car lift too.  :lol:   Todays project got cut short, too friggin hot in the shop and I dropped a T40 torx bit down into the bowels of the sled so I said fuck it for today.  Got the fluids drained, skis off and chaincase deconstructed.  I like tinkering on them in the fall and then I dont wanna know come riding season.  Also realized Im gonna need that special tool to get the brake rotor off.  I struggled with that whore last time I did a track job on a ski doo and have no interest in enjoying that experience again. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I need a bigger compressor and a car lift too.  :lol:   Todays project got cut short, too friggin hot in the shop and I dropped a T40 torx bit down into the bowels of the sled so I said fuck it for today.  Got the fluids drained, skis off and chaincase deconstructed.  I like tinkering on them in the fall and then I dont wanna know come riding season.  Also realized Im gonna need that special tool to get the brake rotor off.  I struggled with that whore last time I did a track job on a ski doo and have no interest in enjoying that experience again. :lol: 

What track came with your sled and what are you putting on it?

24 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

What track came with your sled and what are you putting on it?

Came with a 1.25, and Im putting a new takeoff 1.75”.  Had that same track on my Freeride for a couple seasons and loved it.  That, fatter skis, some gearing a few other tweaks planned.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Came with a 1.25, and Im putting a new takeoff 1.75”.  Had that same track on my Freeride for a couple seasons and loved it.  That, fatter skis, some gearing a few other tweaks planned.  :bc: 

The used Nitro I picked up has a 1.5 141” cobra, that appears to be new?  I plan on staying out of the trees with it,but hope it’s going to push the pig down logging roads?