Check your account email address ×

pockets of sanity

Maine's Franklin County Sheriff Scott Nichols has a strong message for the Governor of Maine, Janet Mills, who issued "stay-at-home" orders with threats of police punishment if not followed. Sheriff Nichols issued a statement on the Franklin County Facebook page saying in no uncertain terms he will not follow the unconstitutional order.

"We will not be setting up a Police State. PERIOD," he wrote. "The Sheriff’s Office will not purposefully go out and stop vehicles because they are on the road or stop and ask why people are out and about. To do so puts our officers at risk. This is not Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia where you are asked for your papers!"

The sheriff's announcement comes as a welcome sign to Americans who have been arrested for inane things like praying outside, surfing, or trying to drive to work. Someone has to stand up to the unconstitutional directives that are being handed down daily by government officials and it will fall on the sheriffs to uphold what they know to be their legal and lawful duties, none of which involve trampling the rights of citizens.

"Please use common sense during this executive order. We are more interested in the safety and well-being of the public as well as our officers at this time. With that being said, we are sworn to uphold the Constitution and laws of the State - for any unlawful act/situation, arrestees will be taken into custody and transported for fingerprinting and bail."

Nichols made it clear that he only intends to arrest for matters of law-breaking, and nothing else. Executive orders aren't laws. He finished his announcement with words of encouragement for his constituents: "Most of you are doing a fantastic job – we appreciate that! Please look out for one another, especially the elderly and shut-ins. Please be a good neighbor/citizen always showing compassion. Please be kind especially on social media, negativity online only adds to the stress people are currently experiencing."

Nichols signed this brave decree with his name and followed it with "Of the People, For the People."

The sheriffs of America have great power and authority where unconstitutional executive overreach is concerned. All the sheriffs of our nation should start conferencing with Sheriff Nichols immediately to learn more about the limits of their offices. Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long for one to come forward with this common-sense response to unlawful acts by state officials. Perhaps a good exercise for people stuck on lockdown would be to call their local sheriff's office and find out where the local sheriff stands on this very important issue of the people's rights.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/rebellion-this-is-not-nazi-germany-or-soviet-russia-where-you-are-asked-for-your-papers-says-maine-sheriff/

• Platinum Contributing Member

Good...common sense law enforcement is what's needed right now and people need to get some air and exercise without fear of being harassed or arrested. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They won’t hesitate to stop 4 blacks in a car that has temporary plates though. That sheriff is full of shit. They pull over anything they feel like pulling over. 

There are no blacks in Maine so it would be perfectly normal to pull over a car full of black people with temp plates.  

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

There are no blacks in Maine so it would be perfectly normal to pull over a car full of black people with temp plates.  

But that sheriff said he won’t violate people’s rights?:flush: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sure there are. There is one for every 700 white people.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

They won’t hesitate to stop 4 blacks in a car that has temporary plates though. That sheriff is full of shit. They pull over anything they feel like pulling over. 

the only place you see many blacks up here are in southern me.  4 in one car further north they most likely are up to no good

31 minutes ago, snowstorm said:

the only place you see many blacks up here are in southern me.  4 in one car further north they most likely are up to no good

I met a guy named "black Dana" in the middle of nowhere in Jackman Maine, ya never know  

44 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I met a guy named "black Dana" in the middle of nowhere in Jackman Maine, ya never know  

Met a few getting their masters at Michigan tech up by my cabin. Yep you can’t paint a broad stroke.:bc:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Met a few getting their masters at Michigan tech up by my cabin. Yep you can’t paint a broad stroke.:bc:

My brother and I travel up there almost every weekend in the winter time, and 90% of all my blood relatives still live there, but I'm not in the mood to be traveling there right now with all the bullshit, including some hayseed rednecks giving me shit because I have an out of state plate.  :bc: 

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Stopped for gas and a bite in Lewiston once didn't see a single white person in the hour I was there :lol: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

My brother and I travel up there almost every weekend in the winter time, and 90% of all my blood relatives still live there, but I'm not in the mood to be traveling there right now with all the bullshit, including some hayseed rednecks giving me shit because I have an out of state plate.  :bc: 

I don’t drive a crown Vic like you?:lol: In all kidding a side. I don’t head up north because of respect of my neighbors up there. Most of them retired up there to get out of the rat race. We are more comfortable at home . I already know I’ve been in contact with the rona,no need to get my friends in the northwooods infected. Common sense and what is best for your family is driving me now.:sad:

• Like 3

:lol:  Same.  Just have to ride this shit show out.  Saw some NY plates out on the road today in CT and I won't lie, it was like "wtf are they doing here?!"  As much isolation as possible until this shit show is over.  :bc: 

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

What’s the problem with taking a drive to the park or  sight seeing stupid, infected republicans? That’s just weird. 

Inslee banned fishing in his state.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Seriously? That’s a little silly. I can see limiting the number of people in a boat. 

Yep.  All recreation fishing and shell fishing banned....  just not boat fishing either.  You could be standing on a river bank by yourself with nobody around and you are breaking the law.

https://katu.com/news/local/no-recreational-fishing-until-april-8-says-washington-dept-of-fish-and-wildlife

13 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Give a nigga a break.

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Inslee banned fishing in his state.

Mills opened it up with no license required. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, spin_dry said:

What’s the problem with taking a drive to the park or  sight seeing stupid, infected republicans? That’s just weird. 

PJ media, let me guess Maine has a Dem governor......let's make it sound like the Gestapo are at the door.