Check your account email address ×

How is your state doing?

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Yea. Pretty sad that our governor cant get in line and be proactive with this. I had no idea he was actually preventing some mayors and county leaders from taking more conservative approaches to this problem. 

I will say I’m pretty proud of how Havasu has been reacting to this. Tourism and spring break are very important here. I surely dont know the details but just about every business, bar and restaurant has been taking this whole thing very seriously for almost the entire month of March. 

Here in the RV park they have been uber serious for the entire month of March. Clubhouse is closed. Pool tables, ping pong, card table, game rooms closed and locked. Laundry rooms, offices, general store, post office, public showers, etc. are all limited to 2 guests inside at a time. All signage asks us to limit our time in these facilities to 5 minutes or less so other guests can get a chance to use the area too. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea. Pretty sad that our governor cant get in line and be proactive with this. I had no idea he was actually preventing some mayors and county leaders from taking more conservative approaches to this problem. 

I will say I’m pretty proud of how Havasu has been reacting to this. Tourism and spring break are very important here. I surely dont know the details but just about every business, bar and restaurant has been taking this whole thing very seriously for almost the entire month of March. 

Here in the RV park they have been uber serious for the entire month of March. Clubhouse is closed. Pool tables, ping pong, card table, game rooms closed and locked. Laundry rooms, offices, general store, post office, public showers, etc. are all limited to 2 guests inside at a time. All signage asks us to limit our time in these facilities to 5 minutes or less so other guests can get a chance to use the area too. 

sounds like he finally changed his mind an hour or so ago.  We're now under shelter-in-place.  I do wonder if golf courses will still be considered essential services...

19 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Alaska is doing pretty good.  They shut things down very quickly up there.  

Arizona as a whole is doing fair but the Phoenix area is getting hammered.  IMO they have not done enough to shut things down there.  Local governments have been fairly aggressive in shutting things down but from a state level they have not reacted as good as I had hoped.  

no we did not. lots of people are staying home but there are still lots of dumbasses acting like it's just another regular day. not to mention the homeless population which can't really do shit about the outbreak. i ain't gunna bullshit ya, but i feel stupid for not being prepared for this since december. im probably going to move home once i find out for sure i don't have it

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, FrankieJames7 said:

no we did not. lots of people are staying home but there are still lots of dumbasses acting like it's just another regular day. not to mention the homeless population which can't really do shit about the outbreak. i ain't gunna bullshit ya, but i feel stupid for not being prepared for this since december. im probably going to move home once i find out for sure i don't have it

Don't, no one was prepared for something of this magnitude.

On 3/30/2020 at 10:25 PM, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

We are still peaking , Had our largest one-day total yet again today:

3347 New cases / 37 deaths...8 were from Nursing home

Total : 16, 636 cases / 198 deaths

Well new cases today were down from yesterday,hopefully this is start of a trend and not just an anomoly...Deaths were up to 69 for the day though.

New cases 2196 vs 3347 yesterday 

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well new cases today were down from yesterday,hopefully this is start of a trend and not just an anomoly...Deaths were up to 69 for the day though.

New cases 2196 vs 3347 yesterday 

That’s good news  

MONTPELIER, Vt. (WCAX) The state's health commissioner said the news is not encouraging, but it is also not unexpected. Dr. Mark Levine reported that as of Tuesday, there were 28 new cases of the coronavirus in Vermont, for a total of 321. And there were a total of 16 deaths.

And Vermont is seeing a disturbing trend in our battle with coronavirus. Levine says the percentage of people tested for COVID-19 who come back positive is going up.

"You can see a distinct trend going in an upward direction of the percent of the, all the tests that are done that are positive and they're now in the 10 to 12% range. Way back early in the epidemic, uh, they were down less than 5%," Levine said.

That means we are seeing more lab-confirmed cases of coronavirus in Vermont for two reasons: we are testing more people and because COVID-19 is becoming more prevalent.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:51 AM, FrankieJames7 said:

Where you living now Frankie?

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The county issued a warning about community spread on Monday. It’s out of the bottle in the city. Several new cases reported. 4 in ICU. 

That sucks.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The city is only about 45k pop. From what I can tell people are following guidelines so maybe we’ll keep it contained. 

:thumbsup:

My area is getting decimated economically.  Restaurants that were trying to make a run doing pick up orders are just shitting it down.  Marathon called off in June.  30k people estimated to show up and their wallets just dried up.  Canal park (tourist central) is a ghost town.  Many here will be heading into tough times.  Mayor is concerned about the homeless and neighborhood gardens and dog parks.

It’s a twilight zone episode.  But meh...

1 hour ago, FrankieJames7 said:

i have an apartment in fairbanks. tanana has a confirmed 0 cases and i have my own house there. seems like a good spot

Yukon river is cool - would like to see it.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My area is getting decimated economically.  Restaurants that were trying to make a run doing pick up orders are just shitting it down.  Marathon called off in June.  30k people estimated to show up and their wallets just dried up.  Canal park (tourist central) is a ghost town.  Many here will be heading into tough times.  Mayor is concerned about the homeless and neighborhood gardens and dog parks.

It’s a twilight zone episode.  But meh...

What kind of idiot stays in MN that is homeless? 

A lot of covid in the twin cities?

15 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Yukon river is cool - would like to see it.

What kind of idiot stays in MN that is homeless? 

A lot of covid in the twin cities?

The kind that get pampered by liberal twats running a city.  Nothing big going in the cities.