Check your account email address ×

How is your state doing?

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

6 week old newborn died yesterday in Hartford near here.  12 residents of the Holyoke Soldiers Home died about 30 minutes from here in past couple weeks.

Healthy newborn died from the virus?

17 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Yukon river is cool - would like to see it.

What kind of idiot stays in MN that is homeless? 

A lot of covid in the twin cities?

are you kidding we have a great welfare system we have a fuck load of short term housing ie old hotels and converted warehouses and privet homeless shelters all stocked with social workers to get you on every program they can and find you some place that will take your sec 8 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I 75 North is loaded with vehicles...I would be doing better if they would just stay downstate. 

I’m itching to go up, but I’ll wait until things settle down. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

No cases up at the lakehouse.  Nobody in their right mind wants to go up there between the close of sled season and Memorial Day.

SC 2020-04-02 at 2.17.54 PM.png

don't count on that . I was up to my cabin 2 weeks ago . there is never any one up there in the winter . now 3/4 of the drives were plowed and lights on in cabins . 

I am taking off Fri and prob not coming back for 2 or 3 weeks unless some sort of emergency calls me back . sucks to give up on this time of yrs money grab but it is what it is 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bless you. :thumbsup:

I was just reading a FB post in a group about the lake that I used to live on in NH. Lots of back and forth about out of state second home owners coming up. Most of the 2nd homeowners in the area are from the Boston area.

IMO they own it and should be able to provide shelter for their family if they wish. I also think if they do decide to use their 2nd home they should take precautions and get everything they need for a two week quarantine before leaving their primary residence.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

I was just reading a FB post in a group about the lake that I used to live on in NH. Lots of back and forth about out of state second home owners coming up. Most of the 2nd homeowners in the area are from the Boston area.

IMO they own it and should be able to provide shelter for their family if they wish. I also think if they do decide to use their 2nd home they should take precautions and get everything they need for a two week quarantine before leaving their primary residence.  

I understand and hopefully they go there and abide by quarantine guidelines and respect for others.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Healthy newborn died from the virus?

That's what the news is reporting, correct.  It really is a big clusterfuck of an order.  My step daughter works at a car dealership in Maine, whole place is open, and allegedly as a requirement from some government grant or loan that they received that requires them to keep a certain number of people employed.  So its like nothing has changed for them, show up to work or dont' get paid.  And get to be exposed to everyone and their brother.   Meanwhile Mainers are harassing people with out of state plates, as if they have the right to restrict travel.  And I"m sure that's only one example of thousands across the country.

Edited by DriftBusta

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

lol when I went up 2 weeks ago it was to get the place ready for at least 30 days . brought up a full freezer and cabs of food 50some gal of gas got the generator running made sure propane tank was topped off etc etc .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I understand and hopefully they go there and abide by quarantine guidelines and respect for others.

That's the rub....how many will do that and be prepared like EZ?  Some won't care and will stop at local markets. 

Just now, ckf said:

That's the rub....how many will do that and be prepared like EZ?  Some won't care and will stop at local markets. 

BINGO...that is an issue here and the answer IMO is that most will shop locally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

are you kidding we have a great welfare system we have a fuck load of short term housing ie old hotels and converted warehouses and privet homeless shelters all stocked with social workers to get you on every program they can and find you some place that will take your sec 8 

So there not sleeping under a bridge in minus 30 temps...

5 hours ago, Matt said:

No cases up at the lakehouse.  Nobody in their right mind wants to go up there between the close of sled season and Memorial Day.

SC 2020-04-02 at 2.17.54 PM.png

Any person that isn't a citiot & likes the outdoors ... :news:

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

That's what the news is reporting, correct.  It really is a big clusterfuck of an order.  My step daughter works at a car dealership in Maine, whole place is open, and allegedly as a requirement from some government grant or loan that they received that requires them to keep a certain number of people employed.  So its like nothing has changed for them, show up to work or dont' get paid.  And get to be exposed to everyone and their brother.   Meanwhile Mainers are harassing people with out of state plates, as if they have the right to restrict travel.  And I"m sure that's only one example of thousands across the country.

MAINTAHDS have been doing that for 40 years. That's why I hate MAINTAHDS with a passion. 

Of course not all mainahs are bad, but WAY TOO MANY ARE!!!! 

It's not really xenophobia, it's just being bastards. That's what they are, big rough bastards. 

I took a ride to a few of the more isolated lakes in our area today, NY,NJ plates in the driveways, never would see them until Memorial day or later normally.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I 75 North is loaded with vehicles...I would be doing better if they would just stay downstate. 

That park I was at in Florida was full of people from the Michigan UP. They were all staying for a party yesterday and leaving tomorrow to head home. The wife's parents left this morning for Ontario. They made it to South Carolina. 2 more days before they are home.