Check your account email address ×

Let's be optimistic

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well some of us called the market over leveraged a while ago and when you have a bubble and there is a disruption... Now it's playing out just like we said. It's not like we haven't seen this before. Maybe people will learn something this time. I won't hold my breath 

They’ll forget because there’s no better place for the average Joe to put his money long term. 

58 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Bro and I have to do a retrieval mission up to Jackman at some point.  One tank of gas gets us to town and one tank will get us home, pack a lunch and just stop for piss breaks.  Grafton Notch is beautiful, eh?!

Tomorrow. Early.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

They’ll forget because there’s no better place for the average Joe to put his money long term. 

The bigger picture is very scary, Ed. Average Joe got liquidated. And guess who liquidated them?

It's a massive money grab. Everyone is counting on it to rocket back but in order to do that it's going to take the same practices that got us here. And at zero % rates there is nowhere to go after the next one. 

19 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Unemployment isn't 100% pay and takes a good amount of time to get it. Think of a waitress or waiter who gets cash tips, think outside the box, not about the lady who is laid off from Macy's..

You are right. I think we may be seeing the end of cash sooner rather than later. 

I have taken to buying 10 1$ scratch tickets. I give one to the mailman when he comes by, I give them to people taking money for my coffee etc... just a way to say thanks.

Wiped for their protection, of course.

Just now, Snake said:

I have taken to buying 10 1$ scratch tickets. I give one to the mailman when he comes by, I give them to people taking money for my coffee etc... just a way to say thanks.

That's a pretty good idea. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

good on ya. I like that one. 

Just now, frenchy said:

good on ya. I like that one. 

People have taken to putting out snacks and drinks for us drivers again. Although, I notice they have gone to full size candy bars it seems now.... :lol:

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

My only concern is bringing this home to wife......very high risk category for her.

We have basically shut down as of 9p.m. last night. But lots of places will remain open. Food stores, liquor stores, Home centers.    If you are on the road. You must be heading to one of those places. Otherwise have to stay home.

Guess my cruising around with a roadie and listening to Tunes will be put on hold for a while.

You own a trucking company?  

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

The pandemic is the disruption you dope. The whole world is coming unglued after 2 weeks. Maybe you'll learn something about ledgers and debt this time. 

Your 20/20 hindsight is remarkable.  Maybe worry about your own job and employees, and don't concern yourself with what you think you know about me.  I've managed businesses for over 40 years, and now manage other peoples money as well, save your lectures.  

15 minutes ago, s pump said:

Tomorrow. Early.

Can't.

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

The bigger picture is very scary, Ed. Average Joe got liquidated. And guess who liquidated them?

It's a massive money grab. Everyone is counting on it to rocket back but in order to do that it's going to take the same practices that got us here. And at zero % rates there is nowhere to go after the next one. 

Oh, so you put all your positions into cash, when exactly?

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Your 20/20 hindsight is remarkable.  Maybe worry about your own job and employees, and don't concern yourself with what you think you know about me.  I've managed businesses for over 40 years, and now manage other peoples money as well, save your lectures.  

Can't.

Oh, so you put all your positions into cash, when exactly?

You're lack of awareness is remarkable. I am always worrying about my own that's why I don't run my businesses irresponsibly. Thanks for the advice tho. 

I have a month of vacation time this year so I think a week or two off is in order. My main concern is my 94 year old father or my son who is 15. 

This is like the old Jack Benny skit where he gets mugged at gun point and the crook tells him "your money or your life".........long pause then the mugger in a more agetated voice " I said your money or your life!"

Jack Benny quips back "I am still thinking don't rush me"

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

You're lack of awareness is remarkable. I am always worrying about my own that's why I don't run my businesses irresponsibly. Thanks for the advice tho. 

I'm just calling out the ridiculous "neocon" comment and all you have is professional insults.  And if memory serves, you have a financial advisor.  Tell us exactly what you have changed in your portfolio and when you did it, or just better yet, quit thinking you have advice to offer me on how to do my job.  Thanks.  :bc: 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Nothing for nothing but the last recession killed a lot of my weak competition. Those that were left were better run companies who charged more and sold a quality product.

This 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I'm just calling out the ridiculous "neocon" comment and all you have is professional insults.  And if memory serves, you have a financial advisor.  Tell us exactly what you have changed in your portfolio and when you did it, or just better yet, quit thinking you have advice to offer me on how to do my job.  Thanks.  :bc: 

You have people that do the research on those stocks so don't act like you are the Mastermind behind EJ. Strict regulation needs to be put in place going forward. This can't continue. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

You have people that do the research on those stocks so don't act like you are the Mastermind behind EJ. Strict regulation needs to be put in place going forward. This can't continue. 

I've already pointed that out several times about the research I have access too, and made no such claim about being a mastermind.  BTW, that research also includes about the markets overall as well, so there's that.  Answer my question please.  You've already stated that Trump over reacted and shut down the world economy.  I'd also like to know what basis you have for saying that as well speaking of masterminds.  :lol:  What regulation specifically, maybe we even agree.  :dunno: 

Edited by DriftBusta

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I've already pointed that out several times and made no such claim about being a mastermind.  Answer my question please.  You've already stated that Trump over reacted and shut down the world economy.  I'd also like to know what basis you have for saying that, speaking of masterminds.  :lol: 

No I don't think Trump over reacted I was trolling the idiot who says this is just a cold. I think Trump has acted appropriately in terms of response, behavior is another issue. 

44 minutes ago, Snake said:

Great idea.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Unemployment isn't 100% pay and takes a good amount of time to get it. Think of a waitress or waiter who gets cash tips, think outside the box, not about the lady who is laid off from Macy's..

not even close.  here its 50% of averaged pay, then taxed on top of that.  the waiting period may be waived also.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

guess they should not have lied about their income