Check your account email address ×

Natural selection. Wisconsin snowmobile deaths.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Seems the only people getting killed up north are people from Wisconsin and Illinois.

Sorry but these fucking idiots are going to put more laws on the books hurting the sport for the rest of us.   

Fuck is it that hard not to drink or SLOW THE FUCK DOWN after you have a few.  :wall:

Rode Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the St. Germain area last week and by Friday it was retard day on the trails.  Fuck its sad how many people don't know how to drive a snowmobile.  

2 in that area this weekend plus one not far away in Mercer.   All 3 FIB's.  5 of the 17 this year.  

https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/snowmobile/fatalitySummary/snowCurrent.pdf

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It because they can’t ride well sober ...give them a few white claws and then it’s all bets off. Fucking citiot retards

The surprising part is none are sled on sled collisions.   With how many people I met on my side of the trail Friday it completely shocks me.  I find it amazing people don't understand the thought process of staying on your side of the trail unless you are 100% positive (can see thru the corner) you can cross over.  I was meeting groups of 5+ and its not just one rider.   Its the whole fucking group one after another. 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

We were in St Germain this weekend. We thought the helicopter we saw was flight for life, guessing it now was. 

Left Saturday morning.   Did you ride Friday?

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Left Saturday morning.   Did you ride Friday?

Friday evening we did. Got Preston a steak at Blink Bonnie’s. lol

I generally avoid that area because of yahoos but Preston always wanted to visit it once. I generally don’t lead because my brother does but did this weekend. Had two close calls with morons on my side. Yesterday because of the warm was awesome, hardly anyone out. Went to Rhinelander. Lake Tomahawk area was perfect. 

All town riding is done now though until they get more snow. 

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The surprising part is none are sled on sled collisions.   With how many people I met on my side of the trail Friday it completely shocks me.  I find it amazing people don't understand the thought process of staying on your side of the trail unless you are 100% positive (can see thru the corner) you can cross over.  I was meeting groups of 5+ and its not just one rider.   Its the whole fucking group one after another. 

Weekend riding is bad up here with the assholes blowing the corners and bigger fucking idiots during the week thinking they're the only ones out there.

4 minutes ago, bussman said:

Friday evening we did. Got Preston a steak at Blink Bonnie’s. lol

I generally avoid that area because of yahoos but Preston always wanted to visit it once. I generally don’t lead because my brother does but did this weekend. Had two close calls with morons on my side. Yesterday because of the warm was awesome, hardly anyone out. Went to Rhinelander. Lake Tomahawk area was perfect. 

All town riding is done now though until they get more snow. 

Wife and I almost went there Friday night for supper. :lol:  

We hit awesome trails the whole time even Friday until about 8 when we got back to the cabin.   We rode the Lake Tomahawk area Friday and it was very good.  

Agree on the trail assessment.   Won't take much to make it really good again.   

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Weekend riding is bad up here with the assholes blowing the corners and bigger fucking idiots during the week thinking they're the only ones out there.

I really don't ride any different during the week than the weekend.   Stay on my side of the trail unless I can see way ahead.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It because they can’t ride well sober ...give them a few white claws and then it’s all bets off. Fucking citiot retards

Yeah. Locals here generally just slow down and enjoy their ride if the drinks come out. It’s generally the townies and citiots who get bottle throttle and have issues 

• Thanks 1

There's some fucked up mentality in the sport now, used to be a couple close calls with guys cutting halfway to the inside of left handers but it's constant now and the assholes think they're entitled to do it. Every fn corner is single tracked by noon as 3-4-5 guys in a group all have the left ski against the left side, it's fn retarded. Hitting people or putting them in the bush and fucking off. Tossing the finger around like their the boss for being complete fn douchebags. Out yestarday and there was still corners without a track on the right side and it hadn't been groomed in 3 fn days. Watched a guy last year pass his buddy on the left over a completely blind hill jumping 30ft beside each other on a 10ft wide trail. Fn ignorant

Any person who is born on or after Jan. 1, 1985 and who has reached the age of 12, must have completed and received a snowmobile safety certificate in order to operate a snowmobile in Wisconsin. The certificate must be carried while operating the snowmobile and displayed to a law enforcement officer upon demand.

Just now, racer254 said:

Any person who is born on or after Jan. 1, 1985 and who has reached the age of 12, must have completed and received a snowmobile safety certificate in order to operate a snowmobile in Wisconsin. The certificate must be carried while operating the snowmobile and displayed to a law enforcement officer upon demand.

i think everyone should have to take the class TBH.  Bunch of fucktards out there and IMO the biggest issues not the fast ones it's the put puts riding all over the trail at 20

• Thanks 2

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i think everyone should have to take the class TBH.  Bunch of fucktards out there and IMO the biggest issues not the fast ones it's the put puts riding all over the trail at 20

When my kids took the course I took it with them

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There was a 9 year old riding here 3 days ago, it was a kids sled, but don't believe it's legal for him to be riding public trails, his folks were on other sleds.