Check your account email address ×

Italy trip

Shifty

• Platinum Contributing Member

My teenage son is is all signed up for a school trip to Italy, 2weeks. It’s in April.  Starting in Venice. We are having second thoughts. Recent news reports say Italy is having corona virus problems.  Opinions?

1 minute ago, Shifty said:

My teenage son is is all signed up for a school trip to Italy, 2weeks. It’s in April.  Starting in Venice. We are having second thoughts. Recent news reports say Italy is having corona virus problems.  Opinions?

Yes, have your kid school change their mind and change the plan and go to Colorado instead, and rent RMK sleds and have a blast. :news:  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

My wife was supposed to go to Singapore this month and the company cancelled the trip. 
I would avoid Asia but I think Europe would be OK. 

https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/italy-coronavirus-cases-explode/2020/02/23/id/955339/?ns_mail_uid=a9ebdf91-b084-49a5-9018-fbbfc29f56be&ns_mail_job=DM92229_02242020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502py0mpx

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

If the school doesn't cancel this trip on their own, without outside feedback, I'd really question just how smart they are and who is steering the ship.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Italy is considered the site of Europe's first major outbreak and the largest outside of Asia. The number of infected cases jumped to 152, compared to just three 10 days ago.

14 minutes ago, irv said:

If the school doesn't cancel this trip on their own, without outside feedback, I'd really question just how smart they are and who is steering the ship.

My daughters senior trip is England and France. I’ll curious to see how far this spreads and their reaction to it. I didn’t realize Italy was so bad.

Just now, Edmo said:

My daughters senior trip is England and France. I’ll curious to see how far this spreads and their reaction to it. I didn’t realize Italy was so bad.

Yeah, unfortunately, it's not a good time for travel to most places as this is continuing to spread. If there was some solid evidence/proof things were starting to improve throughout the world, then it would be a different story, obviously. 

My son is in college currently so their are no planned trips anywhere but if that wasn't the case, depending on where he was going, I highly doubt we'd be letting him go anywhere if something was planned outside of Canada/U.S. 

2 hours ago, Shifty said:

April is a long way off probably be all clear by then but :dunno:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Friends there with the school group right now.  TBH I would go,  no need to live life in fear.  

Of course not but where do the stupid decisions stop? By your analogy, why not just head to Wuhan China? We're all different with different levels of common sense, but if Italy is currently being hit hard, which is fairly recent, I certainly wouldn't be booking a trip to there right now. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, irv said:

Of course not but where do the stupid decisions stop? By your analogy, why not just head to Wuhan China? We're all different with different levels of common sense, but if Italy is currently being hit hard, which is fairly recent, I certainly wouldn't be booking a trip to there right now. 

We can drive by Woodbridge and Asiancourt for cheap but leave the windows rolled up lol

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, irv said:

Five people have died and at least 219 others have been infected with the virus in Italy, Angelo Borrelli, head of the country's Civil Protection agency, said at a Monday news conference.

Italy has a population of 60 million.  the chances are pretty infinitesimal.