Check your account email address ×

Tesla’s new truck

7 hours ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

I know I’m right :lol: 

plus you have to stay within a few blocks from home to get that mileage, providing you spent money to charge the batteries in the vehicle you spent over 50 grand on even though you could have got a similar GM or ford for 30 grand,  and accomplished what you needed for a lot less overall cost 

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

0290EE71-E4D8-43E7-AADF-FA9B44886CEF.jpeg

Raped asshole taken outback of the woodshed whooped. 

1 hour ago, Doorider said:

Throttle mapping doesn't explain the fact it struggles to tow my boat over 65mph and gets 7mpg doing it.  It's just a 24' pontoon.  My ram I had before it pulled it much easier and got about 10-11 mpg

Maybe yours is a dud. Mine pulls my Malibu up and over a mountain pass at 60 mph and does 75-80 on the expressway for 20 miles each way. I get 13.5 MPG doing that. Did it this morning. Never any issues getting off the line either. I'm usually just as fast from a red as the unloaded vehicles around me. 

I would like it to hold 8th gear a bit better at 80 mph on slight uphills but that's asking quite a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Maybe yours is a dud. Mine pulls my Malibu up and over a mountain pass at 60 mph and does 75-80 on the expressway for 20 miles each way. I get 13.5 MPG doing that. Did it this morning. Never any issues getting off the line either. I'm usually just as fast from a red as the unloaded vehicles around me. 

I would like it to hold 8th gear a bit better at 80 mph on slight uphills but that's asking quite a bit. 

Pontoon pulls a lot harder.  Our 24' enclosed trailer is so much easier to pull.  I had a Larson 21" before the toon and it to was very easy to pull.  Pontoon is like pulling a parachute down the highway.  It sits up very high on the trailer I have

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Moved to Chandler 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Love it out here. 

Nice. We love it out here too. 

Im headed to Apache Junction on Tuesday to pick up the new e-car. Im pretty excited to get it. 

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nice. We love it out here too. 

Im headed to Apache Junction on Tuesday to pick up the new e-car. Im pretty excited to get it. 

My grandpa used to live in Apache Junction.  Every time we'd visit, we'd go to the flea market and out to Tortilla Flats at minimum.  

48 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My grandpa used to live in Apache Junction.  Every time we'd visit, we'd go to the flea market and out to Tortilla Flats at minimum.  

Dude. That is one of the biggest flee markets in the country now. Rows and rows of venders about 1/4 mile long. Every Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude. That is one of the biggest flee markets in the country now. Rows and rows of venders about 1/4 mile long. Every Saturday. 

I remember the place being packed and all of it was under a roof.

It has probably been 20 years since I was there. 

God I am old...

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

That's HQ for anyone shopping for Trump shit. 

46 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Elon says they already have over 200,000 orders....

With no paid for advertising or celebrity endorsements Musk has orders for 20% of Fords f-150 yearly sales. 

Looks like the climate change deniers are wrong again. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

With no paid for advertising or celebrity endorsements Musk has orders for 20% of Fords f-150 yearly sales. 

So is one of those orders yours?

• Haha 1

Again, wtf does being a what you describe as a Climate Denier have to do with owning a Tesla ?

As far as fleet service, 240V charge stations drawing 48 amps and a dismal range with a load or pulling a trailer are massive drawbacks. You'd have to have a support vehicle with a generator.That and it's so fn ugly Elon has to be sitting back laughing rolling a Fattie sayin it doesn't matter what it looks like, let the aluminum siding guy make the body panels. 

44 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s going to take him 5 years to make that many trucks. That’s 200k to about 4 million fords. :lol: 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Again, wtf does being a what you describe as a Climate Denier have to do with owning a Tesla ?

As far as fleet service, 240V charge stations drawing 48 amps and a dismal range with a load or pulling a trailer are massive drawbacks. You'd have to have a support vehicle with a generator.That and it's so fn ugly Elon has to be sitting back laughing rolling a Fattie sayin it doesn't matter what it looks like, let the aluminum siding guy make the body panels. 

It looks like it does because they cannot stamp the steel it's made from.

Imagine having a vehicle with a body so strong it couldnt be dented....

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Not if you are hauling kayaks.  But a Prius would do that.

So the look is kinda sorta growing on me a little, but it'll require so many changes before production, it's tough to say on that.  I do think a 500 mile unloaded range best case isn't bad if the supercharging isn't dog slow.

One thing I do wonder about though.  Pretty much every supercharger I've seen is a single vehicle stall.  If you're towing a trailer any distance, does that mean you need to unhook your trailer to use Tesla's superchargers?

Second idea... can I put a big honking battery, maybe something like a Tesla Powerwall in my enclosed sled trailer and boost range?  :)

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

It’s going to take him 5 years to make that many trucks. That’s 200k to about 4 million fords. :lol: 

Yea exactly :lmao: And when it turns out to be an even bigger turd than it already is , those orders will start getting canceled.  People who are ordering these trucks aren't going to use them as a truck. Isn't going to impact F Series , Ram or GM truck sales. 

Poor dumb fuck Barb :lol:

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea exactly :lmao: And when it turns out to be an even bigger turd than it already is , those orders will start getting canceled.  People who are ordering these trucks aren't going to use them as a truck. Isn't going to impact F Series , Ram or GM truck sales. 

Poor dumb fuck Barb :lol:

Aren't gong to use it as a truck  :lol:  Sure dumb dumb.  up to 3,500lb payload and 14,000lb towing. up to 500 miles on a charge

How many miles does a commercial pick up in town drive per day? Even 250 miles would be plenty for most. 

Go back to being a pouty bitch.

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Aren't gong to use it as a truck  :lol:  Sure dumb dumb.  up to 3,500lb payload and 14,000lb towing. up to 500 miles on a charge

How many miles does a commercial pick up in town drive per day? Even 250 miles would be plenty for most. 

Go back to being a pouty bitch.

EV with those specs certainly would replace the average 1/2 ton work truck pretty well. very few need any more range than thats going to give.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

EV with those specs certainly would replace the average 1/2 ton work truck pretty well. very few need any more range than thats going to give.  

I like the numbers but that thing looks like shit. That Rivian truck is 1000x nicer.