Check your account email address ×

Marie Yovanovitch receives standing ovation after Trump attacks her during impeachment testimony

Marie Yovanovitch receives standing ovation after Trump attacks her during impeachment testimony

Source: independent

Career diplomat receives swift praise for withstanding attacks from president during contentious public impeachment testimony 

Marie Yovanovitch received a standing ovation following her public testimony in Donald Trump’s impeachment inquiry, in which the ousted ambassador to Ukraine was attacked by the president in a series of controversial tweets. 

The audience stood and cheered for the career diplomat as House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff ordered the meeting to a close, marking a rare moment in American politics. Citizens who sit in on congressional hearings are typically instructed to remain silent and respect decorum by abstaining from any audible outbursts. 

Ms Yovanovitch testified for about five hours on Friday, telling investigators about her ouster in May at Mr Trump’s direction and how she felt as she found out that he had criticised her in a July phone call with Ukraine’s president. 

As she spoke, Mr Trump tweeted: “Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad.”

Read more: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/marie-yovanovitch-trump-impeachment-hearing-standing-ovation-ukraine-a9205206.html 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Were they applauding the fact she added nothing to their cause, or because of the perjury?

Just so I understand...

I so can’t wait until this whole matter, including the IG report is “adjudicated”.  Maybe some of these clapping seals will get a clue.  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Attack!!!!!!!!!

you mean he didn’t hilariously slap her down? 

all so fucking gay.   What a waste of people’s time. 

It's simple entertainment at it's finest.

Just now, Snake said:

Were they applauding the fact she added nothing to their cause, or because of the perjury?

Just so I understand...

Victims deserve praise....even when they make themselves the victims.

Have you not seen the #metoo movie yet!?!?!?!?  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Schiff is more guilty reading it to her while the hearing was being held.   He wanted it to become a threat.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jammin said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Adam shit head stopped somebody questioning her to read the tweet. God damn he is one of those people you would just like to throat punch.

I was thinking the same. Very punchable face. Somehow we continue to elect these useless partisan fucksticks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Source: independent

Career diplomat receives swift praise for withstanding attacks from president during contentious public impeachment testimony 

Marie Yovanovitch received a standing ovation following her public testimony in Donald Trump’s impeachment inquiry, in which the ousted ambassador to Ukraine was attacked by the president in a series of controversial tweets. 

The audience stood and cheered for the career diplomat as House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff ordered the meeting to a close, marking a rare moment in American politics. Citizens who sit in on congressional hearings are typically instructed to remain silent and respect decorum by abstaining from any audible outbursts. 

Ms Yovanovitch testified for about five hours on Friday, telling investigators about her ouster in May at Mr Trump’s direction and how she felt as she found out that he had criticised her in a July phone call with Ukraine’s president. 

As she spoke, Mr Trump tweeted: “Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad.”

Read more: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/marie-yovanovitch-trump-impeachment-hearing-standing-ovation-ukraine-a9205206.html 

He blamed her for Somalia.   :lol:   These fuckers will probably believe it.  :lol:   Is she the one Trump fired for not praising him enough?