Check your account email address ×

Canadian sports broadcaster Don Cherry steps down after on-air remarks about immigrants

Pete

Just now, Edmo said:

How many times has this guy been fired? :lol: 

Maybe he’ll retire this time.

We need more people like him this country is going to shit

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

The only ‘Canadians’ that care, and I use that term loosely, are the douchebag snowflakes in Toronto who voted for Trudeau again 

People who don’t wartch hockey anyway 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, frenchy said:

he didn't step down, he was fired because he wouldn't apologize on air for his comments.

I just read that he said he would apologize on the next coaches corner, but they wanted an immediate apology to try and stop the backlash, which he wouldn,t agree to.

19 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’m glad he didn’t apologize.  Enough with this shit.  Good for him.

Don, as expected is receiving a lot of love. Many are refusing to watch SportsNet and Hockey Night in Canada this coming weekend. 

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/toronto-sun-readers-respond-to-don-cherrys-firing

Grapes feeling the love from supporters

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-grapes-feeling-the-love-from-supporters

Just returned from a very proud and moving Remembrance Day ceremony at the Sunnybrook Veterans Centre. It was a reminder of the many freedoms we enjoy as Canadians, thanks to those who have made the supreme sacrifice. When I got home, I heard about Don Cherry’s dismissal and was once again reminded that things like “freedom of speech” are a hypocrisy that only matter if you agree with what is being said. Politicians and the media will toss around phrases like “it’s our diversity that makes us stronger” and “we live in an inclusive society,” without realizing that diversity and inclusiveness is supposed to mean everyone — including the Don Cherrys of the world and your Uncle Charlie, though sometimes he needs a filter. Oh, and nice touch, firing a man who has done so much for our vets on Remembrance Day. No more Hockey Night in Canada for me — it has become a mediocre product anyway.

M. Benson
Brampton

I was livid when I heard of Don Cherry’s firing for “having an opinion” that I wholeheartedly agree with. The left is the epitome of hypocrisy. How is it that our so-called leader (and I use that term loosely) Justin Trudeau can wear blackface three times and still keep his job as prime minister and Don Cherry gets fired for telling it like it is! What a farce! We should have Cherry as prime minister! I’d vote for him in a heartbeat! People in Canada should be so lucky to enjoy the freedoms that our brave soldiers fought and died for. The least all Canadians can do is wear a poppy on Remembrance Day to remember our veterans. Ron MacLean threw Cherry under the bus. When Ron got fired twice, Don stood up for him and this is how he is repaid? Unbelievable. But what do you expect from a bunch of pinkos?

Rob Onyskiw