Check your account email address ×

Snowmobile USA show Michigan

jtssrx

29 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Good lord you’re a moron, golfing is not more expensive than snowmobiling. I have golfed all my life and never even came close to spending on golf vs what I spent on snowmobiling. Unless you golf at Whistling Straits every week, dork.

Sled numbers peaked in the late 90’s early 2000’s with registrations in the Midwest at around 300,000 for each state. Today, each state is around 200,000, pretty significant drop. But dumb shit Zambozo believes it’s because of low T, good lord what an idiot. :lol:

Hey dildo..maybe if you play hack ass municipal courses where anything under 100 is considered a winning score.  

And yes...low T and adrenaline loss have a lot to do with people getting out of any sport.  Sorry you run low on those? Empty?

Almost nothing is funnier than people that don't sled anymore trying to convince others the sport is flailing due to reasons they see fit.  Reality is, you all need justification for quitting.  It's weird.  Why?  Why is it hard to admit you just didn't enjoy it any longer?  That low T thing?

Retards.

• Thanks 1

My last two sleds I bought used .3k for the RMK and $3300 for the Nitro.  Tons of nice used sleds that are affordable. If you have to keep up with the joneses, then yes,snowmobiling is expensive. None of my gear matches, my base layers are clothes I wear at work. I never understood why all of the gear has to match your sled,when nobody in the woods cares? Must be for picking up dudes in the bars? I’m not gay,so maybe that’s why I don’t get it? 

7F47959F-DF75-4CF7-ACED-274EA0F2E198.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

Between my membership and food and beverage bill I pay $10G’s a season on golf. It’s not cheap unless you are trunk slamming at shit courses or live in butt fuck nowhere. 

LOLOLO.....wtf?!?!?  :lol: Never heard that one before.  :lol: 

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Between my membership and food and beverage bill I pay $10G’s a season on golf. It’s not cheap unless you are trunk slamming at shit courses or live in butt fuck nowhere. 

can join a decent  public course here for a single at 2-3k.  5-6k plus food and beverage at a private course   my favorite course around is only $2500 for a year but they have a lottery just to get on the wait list to then wait a decade for privleges.    10155394_696498197078536_346631622427935

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

can join a decent  public course here for a single at 2-3k.  5-6k plus food and beverage at a private course   my favorite course around is only $2500 for a year but they have a lottery just to get on the wait list to then wait a decade for privleges.    10155394_696498197078536_346631622427935

Looks seeet. 

My son is getting in to it now which makes the cost more tolerable. 

47 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Good lord you’re a moron, golfing is not more expensive than snowmobiling. I have golfed all my life and never even came close to spending on golf vs what I spent on snowmobiling. Unless you golf at Whistling Straits every week, dork.

Sled numbers peaked in the late 90’s early 2000’s with registrations in the Midwest at around 300,000 for each state. Today, each state is around 200,000, pretty significant drop. But dumb shit Zambozo believes it’s because of low T, good lord what an idiot. :lol:

Golf?

:lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey dildo..maybe if you play hack ass municipal courses where anything under 100 is considered a winning score.  

And yes...low T and adrenaline loss have a lot to do with people getting out of any sport.  Sorry you run low on those? Empty?

Almost nothing is funnier than people that don't sled anymore trying to convince others the sport is flailing due to reasons they see fit.  Reality is, you all need justification for quitting.  It's weird.  Why?  Why is it hard to admit you just didn't enjoy it any longer?  That low T thing?

Retards.

No, I’m not low on T, I’d flick you like a booger. Poor Zambozo the 🤡  dumber than shit. :lol:

23 minutes ago, frenchy said:

The average golfer is not spending 10gs on golf, not even close. I envision you saying that with a snooty English accent. :lol:

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It’s dying. Fewer get into it every year. There’s going to be no resurgence of the sport. 

I figure if I was starting for nothing and wanted new stuff to get into sledding, it would cost $15,000 or so, not including the tow vehicle, for a current 600cc machine.

33 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I feel this is a shot across my bow. :lol: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Granted I don't ride as much or like I used to but I still love the damn things...the numbers are legit...why argue and deny it? 

Or just flat out lie about numbers and then say I don't remember. Guys like a fucking hacky sack of FS. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Well, we still use regular mustard around here.:lol:

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

No, I’m not low on T, I’d flick you like a booger. Poor Zambozo the 🤡  dumber than shit. :lol:

LOL!!!  People are so weird!  Just admit you don’t enjoy riding.  Why blame costs?

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Granted I don't ride as much or like I used to but I still love the damn things...the numbers are legit...why argue and deny it? 

What is the argument here?  The reasons the sport is dying or the argument that it isn’t dying?

Take your time....

8 minutes ago, bussman said:

I feel this is a shot across my bow. :lol: 

Nut shot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Want some expensive golf? Play in vegas. Sweetest courses Ive ever played but average $150 a round. And that was 15-20 yrs ago.

think i paid like 250 last time i was there in 06 or 07.  plus the caddy fee who was worth the money

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

I’d love to join our local private place.  Its right up the street, and I pass by it on the way to work every day.  Rated one of the top 5 courses in the state, beautiful, billiard table greens etc.  And thats what I’d probably spend to golf there.  I have 15 or so friends already members.  The two biggest issues are time, and I suck.  :lol:  Until I have more free time to play 2-3x a week and take some lessons, I can’t see the point.

I don’t give a shit what the sled sales numbers are.  I still love to ride, have plenty of people to ride with, and the bars and restaurants are busy every where we go.  I spend money on good gear because I hate being cold or wet and you can actually sell a lot of used when you want to upgrade.  On my 3rd Klim jacket and second set of bibs in 12 years.  Good stuff lasts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I bet you played the best game you ever played.

it is amazing what a difference they make on a new course.  i prob shot 15 strokes better than i would have without on a new course.  My best rounds ever were at Samoset and Mt Washington there is just something about those courses that works for my game.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

it is amazing what a difference they make on a new course.  i prob shot 15 strokes better than i would have without on a new course.  My best rounds ever were at Samoset and Mt Washington there is just something about those courses that works for my game.  

You golfing more now? I still haven’t played anywhere needing/wanting a caddy but hope to next year a couple times.