Check your account email address ×

Jehovies

Pete

Never had a issue with salesmen, religious folks or liberals at the door. Just send them on their way politely. Some of them push, I say goodbye.

11 minutes ago, irv said:

Without a word of a lie I just had 2 of them at my door. I politely told them, after they tried to swoon me with small talk about having a flower pot on my front patio, that I am not interested. I began to close to door politely and the lady said something to the affect, "Oh, you don't care about your future"? Click went the door. 

Like all races/religion, I guess some are different than others. This couple looked to be in their 70's+. 

If you ever speak to any of them again, ask how many folks are going to Heaven, then ask if any heaven bound folks are not JW..should be an interesting answer you'll get.

• Like 1

A couple years ago a car stopped in front of the house and they walked up the driveway. Damn cute blonde and I almost converted lol. The wife answered the door holding onto our Dobie and they weren't scared of him. Wife said not interested and they left

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

A couple years ago a car stopped in front of the house and they walked up the driveway. Damn cute blonde and I almost converted lol. The wife answered the door holding onto our Dobie and they weren't scared of him. Wife said not interested and they left

Your wife probably would have let you go knowing that!

They’re less intrusive than most high flyers. I tell them that I’m not interested and they leave. They seem to keep their religious dogma out of trying to influence political and social issues too. 

Edited by spin_dry

One of my  few buds is a Witness. Talks about it some, but I told him right off, that I am not religious. Has tried to get me to go to some of their big conferences, etc. I never go.

I asked him about their women, and he said they are brought up to be chaste, hose-bags are frowned upon. 

I told him if I had known that I would have gone to their functions fifty fukkin years ago. Anything would have been better than the street tramp, hose-bag, worthless cunts I met years ago. Most of those pieces of shit that I banged still ended up getting married though. There's always a dirty sock for every smelly shoe!!!

Generally-speaking, those Genovas are decent people, from what I've seen. 

Oh yeah, he had a horror-show at a cop's house one time. The cop went crazy on him, yelling, telling him to GTFO!!!

Most people are OK with them coming to the door, but he has run into some bad responses. They are trained how to handle the situation. 

I told him I would not cold-walk up to someone's house nowadays, if my fukkin' life depended on it. 

I've had Jehovah employees and done a lot of business with Jehovah owned companies. Overwhelmingly nice people. Had one employee who discovered weed and pussy at about the same time. Not long after he was shunned....

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Only ones I've ever had come to the door and push their luck were Baptists.  I've actually had several talks with Jehovies over the years.  Always very nice.  My father was really good at dealing with "door-to-door heaven sellers".  He was a staunch atheist that loved to invite them all in for conversations.  He was weird.  Not like me...it must skip a generation.  :whistle: 

my mother would stand at the window rubbing her hands together saying excellent when she saw them coming up the walk and would invite them in for "discussion", they would leave scratching their heads:lol:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

They don't do birthdays, few locals here are Jovies.

They don’t do birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, no celebrating anything.  Our next door neighbors got into it when we were growing up.  Turned into fucking weirdos.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

They don’t do birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, no celebrating anything.  Our next door neighbors got into it when we were growing up.  Turned into fucking weirdos.

Yeah I find all of that bizarre...Christmas fine as it some consider it a perversion of whatever but birthdays...WTF. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah I find all of that bizarre...Christmas fine as it some consider it a perversion of whatever but birthdays...WTF. 

Just seemed like taking joy in anything wasn’t allowed, like you said, what in hell is wrong with celebrating a birthday, or getting the family together at Thanksgiving?

59 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

And won't join the Military.

My mom would leave the house when she saw them coming down the street. 

What irritates me the most is the dogs go nuts the same time I have to deal with some fantasy believer.  Fund raisers I don't mind. Give them $20 to go away so I can get back to what I was doing.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Or socialize with non Jehovas.

My Genova buddy meets me at a local breakfast place about once or twice a month. Comes over once in a great while to get some firewood. We were all supposed to go out to eat, but that never came about, but they were ready to go, so I don't know about the socializing thing, but it's probably somewhat true. 

Bottom line...……………….Genovas are about the last people to worry about. We got a lot of others out there to really worry about. 

14 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

They are big on Anniversaries. They have parties for that but nothing else. I have an aunt and uncle who are Jehovah and 2 of their 4 kids are still in the religion. I plow the local Kingdom Hall. Good people. I send an invoice, they drive a cheque to my door. Of course that comes with a discussion about my future but...meh... I read an article in the Watchtower now and then, we chat and shake hands. All good.

My aunt and uncle, bit of a mess right now. Their oldest daughter, Darlene (who is not Jehovah, left at 16) has moved back home to help deal with my uncle's dementia. The 2 "good" kids won't help the parents what so ever. I've invited Darlene to my house for breaks from the 2 of them and a couple of drinks. Gotta be interesting in that house.

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They are big on Anniversaries. They have parties for that but nothing else. I have an aunt and uncle who are Jehovah and 2 of their 4 kids are still in the religion. I plow the local Kingdom Hall. Good people. I send an invoice, they drive a cheque to my door. Of course that comes with a discussion about my future but...meh... I read an article in the Watchtower now and then, we chat and shake hands. All good.

My aunt and uncle, bit of a mess right now. Their oldest daughter, Darlene (who is not Jehovah, left at 16) has moved back home to help deal with my uncle's dementia. The 2 "good" kids won't help the parents what so ever. I've invited Darlene to my house for breaks from the 2 of them and a couple of drinks. Gotta be interesting in that house.

Does the Uncle forget that he was at a house yesterday trying to sell and goes back the next day?