Check your account email address ×

Jehovies

Pete

• Platinum Contributing Member

We have one at work, real nice guy, never preaches to us or anything, interesting to talk with about what he believes in and practices..They don't do holidays except birthdays and anniversaries. He didn't get laid till he got married at 28 years old. When he came back from getting married we were all rubbing on him pretty good about finally getting it..He took it all in good stride..

I don't give a shit what folk tail anyone believes in as long as they are not hurting themselves or others.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

We have one at work, real nice guy, never preaches to us or anything, interesting to talk with about what he believes in and practices..They don't do holidays except birthdays and anniversaries. He didn't get laid till he got married at 28 years old. When he came back from getting married we were all rubbing on him pretty good about finally getting it..He took it all in good stride..

I don't give a shit what folk tail anyone believes in as long as they are not hurting themselves or others.

Fine 

Just don’t shove it on me 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Fine 

Just don’t shove it on me 

No, I totally agree, he doesn't do that, he hates having to do the door to door stuff, but it's required by the church..They have some crazy rules

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

2 of them didn’t even get to step foot on my property and I said GTFO.  Weirdos

I had two nice old ladies visit me last summer.  I shut off the mower and spoke with them politely for a while.  We touched on a bit of humanity and philosophy.  They left after about 20 minutes with their standard line, “You seem like a smart young man and have a lot of questions, read this brochure and feel free to come visit us for help with answers.”

None have been back since. BLACKLISTED!!!

:lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I had two nice old ladies visit me last summer.  I shut off the mower and spoke with them politely for a while.  We touched on a bit of humanity and philosophy.  They left after about 20 minutes with their standard line, “You seem like a smart young man and have a lot of questions, read this brochure and feel free to come visit us for help with answers.”

None have been back since. BLACKLISTED!!!

:lol:

See even jehovahs find your incessant nonsensical ramblings intolerable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

55 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

They don't do birthdays, few locals here are Jovies.

45 minutes ago, frenchy said:

They don’t. You can ask them to leave politely and they do. No need to be a dick. 

Usually but not always. I've had a few over the years pushing their watchtowers pamphlets on me after I have said I am not interested. I've closed the door on a couple after they never stopped trying to convince to convert.

I have nothing against them but I certainly don't agree with their views. Blood transfusions being one of them.  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/jehovahs-witnesses-blood-transfusion-death-quebec-coroner-1.4401101

Just now, Angry ginger said:

yup-  less obnoxious than many religious people TBH

Only ones I've ever had come to the door and push their luck were Baptists.  I've actually had several talks with Jehovies over the years.  Always very nice.  My father was really good at dealing with "door-to-door heaven sellers".  He was a staunch atheist that loved to invite them all in for conversations.  He was weird.  Not like me...it must skip a generation.  :whistle: 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, irv said:

Usually but not always. I've had a few over the years pushing their watchtowers pamphlets on me after I have said I am not interested. I've closed the door on a couple after they never stopped trying to convince to convert.

I have nothing against them but I certainly don't agree with their views. Blood transfusions being one of them.  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/jehovahs-witnesses-blood-transfusion-death-quebec-coroner-1.4401101

My standard line is I’m a practicing Catholic all good here and they leave with a have a nice day god bless and a smile. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Only ones I've ever had come to the door and push their luck were Baptists.  I've actually had several talks with Jehovies over the years.  Always very nice.  My father was really good at dealing with "door-to-door heaven sellers".  He was a staunch atheist that loved to invite them all in for conversations.  He was weird.  Not like me...it must skip a generation.  :whistle: 

No

It didn't skip fuck all!

:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

My standard line is I’m a practicing Catholic all good here and they leave with a have a nice day god bless and a smile. 

They probably want to get on the phone to child's social services to report you ASAP!  :lol: 

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

No

It didn't skip fuck all!

:thumbsup:

YES IT DID!!!!  YES IT DID!!!! IT DIDI!!! ! KKDuUGJUDJKKJDFdkjamsd.,g,amsndgm, asdrhrjgablehvluawe/ora[{sdasdfb,mxv.n ahlgvkwefhdBQ;UIOJ3PEF['ALVZSLKN/J.R,HGE3BD3Nmf=poasgd\-i098pyh /c,.zwdsfvbz /dlfvozsdpr'ef/,.awe /dj;i'aw9ri0[gpla;e,r h/qwsljerhsefdiCKDZxvc./z,fd;L<>DQ<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Awww...hell.  The reality of this is, none of these people are rude and just doing their thing.  I can think of just a time or two where they were demanding rudeness from me.  Most will go on their way with a polite brush off.

How come I can't get any libtwatting Dems coming to my door?  Am I up-wind or something?  :lmao: 

Image result for lion hiding

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Awww...hell.  The reality of this is, none of these people are rude and just doing their thing.  I can think of just a time or two where they were demanding rudeness from me.  Most will go on their way with a polite brush off.

How come I can't get any libtwatting Dems coming to my door?  Am I up-wind or something?  :lmao: 

Image result for lion hiding

Fucking liberal candidate dropped by when I was at the bar last night. Mad as fuck I missed him. 

Just now, frenchy said:

Fucking liberal candidate dropped by when I was at the bar last night. Mad as fuck I missed him. 

It'd be my guess these visits would turn hostile quicker than any religions recruiting visit.  A couple years ago, I was doing a project for an older lady that stumped from door to door for the Dem party and Rick Nolan.  She was insane.  Kept running off my contractors with her incessant ranting about Trump and politics and scolding them for not "believing the truth".  "Oh, I suppose you all watch Fox news!!!!"

No kidding.  It really is a religion.

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I have known a few over the years and they were all very nice people. 

46 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Without a word of a lie I just had 2 of them at my door. I politely told them, after they tried to swoon me with small talk about having a flower pot on my front patio, that I am not interested. I began to close to door politely and the lady said something to the affect, "Oh, you don't care about your future"? Click went the door. 

Like all races/religion, I guess some are different than others. This couple looked to be in their 70's+.