Check your account email address ×

2021 cats released

Rod

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Well, “about” meaning 8-9 inches?  Doesn’t matter tho...there’s much more to it than that when it comes to handling characteristics.  

No. When there is 14 inches of travel more of the track is off the ground. If you think 8 inches more track is on the ground on a 2019 137 than a 1989 121, you are confused. 

2 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

No. When there is 14 inches of travel more of the track is off the ground. If you think 8 inches more track is on the ground on a 2019 137 than a 1989 121, you are confused. 

7 inches then?  It doesn’t matter.  I’m not jumping from a 1989, 120” model to a new 137.  The differences in skid and overall chassis aren’t in the same boat. I’m not sure the point you are trying to make.  

Fact: Track length matters in handling characteristics.  137 will not be as “flickable” as a 120 but will give it more traction...and subsequently, more push.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

7 inches then?  It doesn’t matter.  I’m not jumping from a 1989, 120” model to a new 137.  The differences in skid and overall chassis aren’t in the same boat. I’m not sure the point you are trying to make.  

Fact: Track length matters in handling characteristics.  137 will not be as “flickable” as a 120 but will give it more traction...and subsequently, more push.  

My point is, we use longer tracks now to get the same amount of track on the ground as we used to with that flat suspension and low attack angle of the old sleds. Polaris sks was a 133.5 in the 90s and it was longer than any 141 today based on amount of track on the snow.

Edited by ManOnManOral

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Thought they were going to dump inventory and leave the sled business 

Looks like dump inventory and snow check only going forward. Can’t wait to see this new sled.

45 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

They are....but those are not what is new....next month we see if they really did something. 

20191018_191729.jpg

:dunno: Something similar?

I have a buddy in Ontario and his bosses kid races Snow x. This is his sled. I believe it is a 18 or 19.

That headlight is an abortion gone wrong. Fuck me did they ruin the look of  that sled. At least it is supposedly lighter.

received_526917201426102.jpeg

received_2450010251939621.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I have a buddy in Ontario and his bosses kid races Snow x. This is his sled. I believe it is a 18 or 19.

That headlight is an abortion gone wrong. Fuck me did they ruin the look of  that sled. At least it is supposedly lighter.

received_526917201426102.jpeg

received_2450010251939621.jpeg

Who cares about the light on a race sled?

Edited by Anler