Check your account email address ×

Meme thread

8 minutes ago, SSFB said:

HR 3055 is what Amash is referring to which had a provision to extend the Patriot Act by a few months. 

Here's the votes, lots of Republicans. Where are you hearing that Republicans never voted for it?

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=116&session=1&vote=00365

Looks like the only no votes were republicans but not many... 

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

Just now, Anler said:

Looks like the only no votes were republicans but not many... 

Lots of "No" votes by Republicans in the House(see my edited post) but this bill isn't mainly about the Patriot Act either. 

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Lots of "No" votes by Republicans in the House(see my edited post) but this bill isn't mainly about the Patriot Act either. 

I think alot of that shit is posturing for most of these faggots. They know they have enough votes to get it done so some can vote whatever to maintain a certain stance. But I truly believe they will do what they are told when it all boils down. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I think alot of that shit is posturing for most of these faggots. They know they have enough votes to get it done so some can vote whatever to maintain a certain stance. But I truly believe they will do what they are told when it all boils down. 

That happens alot for sure. Doesn't do any good for somebody who might lose their seat to vote for or against something if it's already going to pass or fail without them. 

22 minutes ago, SSFB said:

HR 3055 is what Amash is referring to which had a provision to extend the Patriot Act by a few months. Just a stop gap measure until they can re-authorize it again for a longer time. It's however not the main focus of the bill though.

Here's the votes, plenty of Republicans. Where are you hearing that no Republicans voted for it?

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=116&session=1&vote=00365

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/116-2019/h631

I did see it was a 3 month extension correct? 

I don’t remember. But I don’t remember if that was a different bill I saw the vote on. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, bussman said:

I don’t remember. But I don’t remember if that was a different bill I saw the vote on. 

If it’s the stop gap spending measure yes it’s like a a couple month thing.  House Dems pretty much unanimously supported it why house repubs were almost unanimous on voting no.

7 minutes ago, bussman said:

Yeah, just a 3 month extension but if we just go on past experience, Trump and Republicans on Capitol Hill are going to vote to extend, they won't let it die. As will many Democrats of course. 

I'll shit Unicorns if Republicans ever vote to kill the Patriot Act or FISA.

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Yeah, just a 3 month extension but if we just go on past experience, Trump and Republicans on Capitol Hill are going to vote to extend, they won't let it die. As will many Democrats of course. 

I'll shit Unicorns if Republicans ever vote to kill the Patriot Act or FISA.

It always disgusts me how these assholes cloak the names of their lies with inverted titles. 

Patriot Act? Not fucking patriotic at all

Affordable Care Act? Not affordable, not about care

NAFTA? Nigga please 

I think you get my point. :bc: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bussman said:

It always disgusts me how these assholes cloak the names of their lies with inverted titles. 

Patriot Act? Not fucking patriotic at all

Affordable Care Act? Not affordable, not about care

NAFTA? Nigga please 

I think you get my point. :bc: 

Absolutely. 

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, Anler said:

I agree. Thats why each issue should have its own vote.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:40 PM, bussman said:

I could explain to him that the teenager is almost certainly a brand new workplace attendee meaning they will need more training, more time to learn, will be less efficient and need more supervision than a seasoned worker. 

But you seem to prefer an alternative universe so you go on with your weak ass memes bro. :bc: 

Also, by allowing emplyers to pay students a little less it incentivizes them to hire those with restricted availability. 

• Like 1