• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This should get a good leaving alone.

Well we can start by pointing out that Amash is wrong, 702 has faced court challenges but has not been ruled unconstitutional.  Let’s finish by pointing you don’t even know what the FISA amendment is, until you google it after this post.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well we can start by pointing out that Amash is wrong, 702 has faced court challenges but has not been ruled unconstitutional.  Let’s finish by pointing you don’t even know what the FISA amendment is, until you google it after this post.  :lol: 

I think it's pretty clear that when he says unconstitutional he's saying that's how he sees it, not that it's been ruled unconstitutional. He knows better than that. 

Just now, SSFB said:

I think it's pretty clear that when he says unconstitutional he's saying that's how he sees it, not that it's been ruled unconstitutional. He knows better than that. 

I’d disagree.  In a time when word choice is critical, you’d think he’d use more accurate wording.  Got Jim to believe it. :bc: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I’d disagree.  In a time when word choice is critical, you’d think he’d use more accurate wording.  Got Jim to believe it. :bc: 

So anytime someone says something is unconstitutional, that's a claim that it's been ruled so? 

I don't ever see it that way, whether it's Amash or Trump or anybody else. 

So all the democrats voted for this, none of the republicans did, Tulsi abstained from the vote and Trump signed it? I’ve read 3 different things on this separately, I must be missing something here. Trump and the democrats are in lock step with this bullshit? Great

4 minutes ago, bussman said:

So all the democrats voted for this, none of the republicans did, Tulsi abstained from the vote and Trump signed it? I’ve read 3 different things on this separately, I must be missing something here. Trump and the democrats are in lock step with this bullshit? Great

Senate Republicans have historically been the strongest supporters of the Patriot Act and FISA. Even during the Obama years. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You are so fucking pathetic. 

31 minutes ago, bussman said:

HR 3055 is what Amash is referring to which had a provision to extend the Patriot Act by a few months. Just a stop gap measure until they can re-authorize it again for a longer time. It's however not the main focus of the bill though.

Here's the votes, plenty of Republicans. Where are you hearing that no Republicans voted for it?

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=116&session=1&vote=00365

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/116-2019/h631