Check your account email address ×

Morgan Stanley says economy is on 'recession watch' as bond market flashes warning

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I’m warning you idiots the tariffs going to cost everyone everywhere.

Trumps life is a fail now he brings it to everyone.

:lol:

Thanks for the warning.  Let’s all kill ourselves.  You start now, we’ll all follow.

• Haha 1

Like all the last several recessions, some unforeseen catastrophic economic event will peek out of the woodwork. Something based in lies and fraud. Probably having to do with the unsustainable corporate debt bubble imploding. Who knows. It could be something even less predictable. Whatever it is, it’ll get the piece of shit in the White House uprooted. 

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Like all the last several recessions, some unforeseen catastrophic economic event will peek out of the woodwork. Something based in lies and fraud. Probably having to do with the unsustainable corporate debt bubble imploding. Who knows. It could be something even less predictable. Whatever it is, it’ll get the piece of shit in the White House uprooted. 

I hope Trump completely destroys our economic ties to China and then is voted out. Hopefully he burns the place down on his way off the island.

Oh noes!  Morgan Stanley!  I could post up 50 links a day of bullish analysts, and 50 bearish ones.  Everyone has an opinion.  None of them change the fundamental rules for long term investing.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh noes!  Morgan Stanley!  I could post up 50 links a day of bullish analysts, and 50 bearish ones.  Everyone has an opinion.  None of them change the fundamental rules for long term investing.

Only a fool would leave themselves exposed to equities over the next few years.

Money is leaving the equities market faster than bonds can absorb it :lol:

Woolies on the deck with a glass of chard and a violin telling everyone it's all a go for staying the course 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Woolies on the deck with a glass of chard and a violin telling everyone it's all a go for staying the course 

Quit trying to pretend you’re an economist or analyst, you’ve made enough of a fool of yourself with your market timing strategies.  You want to gamble with your families finances, be my guest.  But don’t come on here acting like you have a clue about the markets or investing and offering advice that you need a license for.    Read the last sentence in my previous post and let it sink in.  You’re a classic case of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.  I readily recognize I’ve only been licensed in this field for 4 years, but I’ve traded equities for over 40.  Your big talk may impress the lads down at the lunch room, but not the adults in here.  I’ll be at a dinner tonight with 12 other advisors who collectively manage over a billion dollars of other peoples money.  I’ll be sure and pass along your comments.  :lol:  

18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Quit trying to pretend you’re an economist or analyst, you’ve made enough of a fool of yourself with your market timing strategies.  You want to gamble with your families finances, be my guest.  But don’t come on here acting like you have a clue about the markets or investing and offering advice that you need a license for.    Read the last sentence in my previous post and let it sink in.  You’re a classic case of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.  I readily recognize I’ve only been licensed in this field for 4 years, but I’ve traded equities for over 40.  Your big talk may impress the lads down at the lunch room, but not the adults in here.  I’ll be at a dinner tonight with 12 other advisors who collectively manage over a billion dollars of other peoples money.  I’ll be sure and pass along your comments.  :lol:  

Ben got ...

Ben.gif.faa1cf7953c9741b8e3f35b0015f1400.gif

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

If I only had a dollar for every junior achiever who has tried to scare me into bonds over the past decade due to market uncertainty that I have politely told to pound sand.:lol:

Then there is uncertainty between, long term and short term bonds.:lol:

Far more wealth has been lost listening to fools trying to time the markets or avoiding equities into other lame investments.  But turbo shorting, now that has potential.:lol: 

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If I only had a dollar for every junior achiever who has tried to scare me into bonds over the past decade due to market uncertainty that I have politely told to pound sand.:lol:

Then there is uncertainty between, long term and short term bonds.:lol:

Far more wealth has been lost listening to fools trying to time the markets or avoiding equities into other lame investments.  But turbo shorting, now that has potential.:lol: 

Who the fuck would own bonds unless you had millions to protect? Are you that dumb that you thought I advocated for that?

42 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Man.....has it been 4 years since you opened that cracker jack box and found a shiny  nameplate and single ply business card that said FA?

Doesnt seem like that long....

Listen bud.....you keep playing like everything is honky dory....just promise not to kill yourself when all your clients are begging you to.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Who the fuck would own bonds unless you had millions to protect? Are you that dumb that you thought I advocated for that?

I think the more important question would be why the fuck would you want to own bonds if you had millions?

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I think the more important question would be why the fuck would you want to own bonds if you had millions?

Why dont you ask the real power players who have moved billions out of equities and into bonds in the last few weeks?

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Why dont you ask the real power players who have moved billions out of equities and into bonds in the last few weeks?

Power players?:lol:

There will always be those in bonds who can't stomach equities.  Answer me this Ben, there will always be the ones cautioning you to get out of equities into bonds etc, but when has anyone ever suggested the other way and the time is right?  In 30 years I have never heard that from anyone. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Power players?:lol:

There will always be those in bonds who can't stomach equities.  Answer me this Ben, there will always be the ones cautioning you to get out of equities into bonds etc, but when has anyone ever suggested the other way and the time is right?  In 30 years I have never heard that from anyone. 

I would never buy bonds....shorting the market is much more productive

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Email Morgan Stanley....what do they know anyway.

:pc: Fuck Morgan Stanley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Stanley

In order to cope with the write-downs during the subprime mortgage crisis, Morgan Stanley announced on December 19, 2007 that it would receive a US$5 billion capital infusion from the China Investment Corporation in exchange for securities that would be convertible to 9.9% of its shares in 2010.[22]

The bank's Process Driven Trading unit was amongst several on Wall Street caught in a short squeeze, reportedly losing nearly $300 million in one day. One of the stocks involved in this squeeze, Beazer Homes USA, was a component of the then-bulging real estate bubble. The bubble's subsequent collapse was considered to be a central feature of the financial crisis of 2007–2010.[23]

Edited by Highmark