Check your account email address ×

How many of you global warming freaks are walking the walk

• Platinum Contributing Member

So if someone thinks that the climate is changing they need to live like The Ingalls Family or STFU...seems legit. 

Wait though...they had farting cows...Nevermind.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No, but they should at least alter their lives in  minor ways to help combat what they perceive as a major life changing problem.

No it's better to just sneer, and lecture others about their carbon footprint. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No, but they should at least alter their lives in  minor ways to help combat what they perceive as a major life changing problem.

Agreed.  They don’t have to go Amish but, when they are piling their kids out of their suburban EVERY morning at school, well....

No, owning a bike, some type of paddle craft and taking walks every so often does not make one mother Earth’s savior.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So if someone thinks that the climate is changing they need to live like The Ingalls Family or STFU...seems legit. 

Wait though...they had farting cows...Nevermind.

If you're going to talk the talk you should walk the walk, no? :dunno: Anything short of that makes them a hypocrite, imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, irv said:

If you're going to talk the talk you should walk the walk, no? :dunno: Anything short of that makes them a hypocrite, imo. 

How far do they need to go in your estimation?

#1 emitter of greenhouse gases is the military industrial complex

#2 is agriculture

#3 is industry

Every man, woman and child individually and collectively amount to about 20% of the man made emissions. 

So if you want to make a serious impact we have to immediately stop all conflicts  and weapons testing and kill all of the animals. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

#1 emitter of greenhouse gases is the military industrial complex

#2 is agriculture

#3 is industry

Every man, woman and child individually and collectively amount to about 20% of the man made emissions. 

So if you want to make a serious impact we have to immediately stop all conflicts  and weapons testing and kill all of the animals. 

Yeah, I remember when MMGW was a thing too.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How far do they need to go in your estimation?

All depends on how radicalized they are? Maybe ask Kevvy or Neal their thoughts and see what they say? What's your take on it?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, irv said:

All depends on how radicalized they are? Maybe ask Kevvy or Neal their thoughts and see what they say? What's your take on it?

I'm not that militant about it all as I think whatever changes we might make A) would be negligible and B) China, India, etc.....are far worse than we are and show no signs of doing jack shit about the problem.

There is a fairly large cement plant near my house and it actually abuts the state park where I walk my dog and the improvements they have made in pollution control in the 44 years I've lived here has been amazing and they continue to improve upon it....and it has cost them lot of money to do so.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Same could be said of the pro higher taxes people.   Walk the walk with your disposable income.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

Well, IMO.  Just simplicity.  If a person spouts off about “Climate change” (and still live in society), the minimums keep you out of the blatant hypocrisy folder:  Drive fuel efficient cars and use them prudently, have a very efficient, modest house, and basic recycling.  That’s reasonable to say you are at least “climate conscience”.  Not really enough to bring your MMGW soap box everywhere though.

BarbieHands driving his cutesy F150 to work and back then, to tow his bikes and kayaks to destination points is non-qualifying to look down on anyone.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Or are you just all talk?

my electric bill will be going up....  time to get some solar on the house I think.

4C50BB91-87E9-46F7-9AB6-62F3BAF6436A.thumb.jpeg.82446966ee3afff7bf6d65407036d029.jpeg

You need to get some solar fast. The grid you are charging that on,is powered up by coal and natural gas. A car that burns gas ,is better for the environment in the mid west. OWNED the end!

EC24A5D4-AA86-42CE-BEBC-39505F00635E.png

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Same could be said of the pro higher taxes people.   Walk the walk with your disposable income.  

No just keep voting

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm not that militant about it all as I think whatever changes we might make A) would be negligible and B) China, India, etc.....are far worse than we are and show no signs of doing jack shit about the problem.

There is a fairly large cement plant near my house and it actually abuts the state park where I walk my dog and the improvements they have made in pollution control in the 44 years I've lived here has been amazing and they continue to improve upon it....and it has cost them lot of money to do so.

Saying that and agreeing, pretty silly when Canada thinks their efforts will make one bit of difference.  

"Like a grain of sand in the Sahara Desert".:lol:

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, IMO.  Just simplicity.  If a person spouts off about “Climate change” (and still live in society), the minimums keep you out of the blatant hypocrisy folder:  Drive fuel efficient cars and use them prudently, have a very efficient, modest house, and basic recycling.  That’s reasonable to say you are at least “climate conscience”.  Not really enough to bring your MMGW soap box everywhere though.

BarbieHands driving his cutesy F150 to work and back then, to tow his bikes and kayaks to destination points is non-qualifying to look down on anyone.  

You're forgetting sardine can Cruise lines and timeshare tour buses, plus the carbon to get there.  Hypocrite much?

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You're forgetting sardine can Cruise lines and timeshare tour buses, plus the carbon to get there.  Hypocrite much?

Nobody here thinks he’s any type of person of credibility.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, irv said:

All that flying around and cruising..... blasphemy!

MMGW is a liberal ideal and talking point. What this means is that’s somebody must do something, and someone else pay for it, as long as it doesn’t affect the liberal themselves in any negative way or require any action on their part. But they latch on to these pseudo moralistic values so they can puff out their chest and feel better about themselves without actually doing anything 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DUMPY said:

MMGW is a liberal ideal and talking point. What this means is that’s somebody must do something, and someone else pay for it, as long as it doesn’t affect the liberal themselves in any negative way or require any action on their part. But they latch on to these pseudo moralistic values so they can puff out their chest and feel better about themselves without actually doing anything  

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
noun: virtue signalling; noun: virtue signaling
  1. the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
    "it's noticeable how often virtue signaling consists of saying you hate things"