Check your account email address ×

GM to announce the closing of operations in Oshawa

irv

49 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Fine, then maybe the next time the shareholders can bail them out instead of the taxpayer......cough,cough TARP.

shareholders are not obligated to do that.  

as far as not bailing them out the unfunded pension would have cost more to the government than the bailout.  

Edited by Angry ginger

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Fine, then maybe the next time the shareholders can bail them out instead of the taxpayer......cough,cough TARP.

They did the share price went to nothing and billions were lost when they went bankrupt in 08 :guzzle:bond holders, shareholders took a fucking bath and got nothing and then Barry gave most of the new shares the treasury bought to the UAW :flush: 

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

as far as not bailing them out the unfunded pension would have cost more to the government than the bailout.  

Bullshit, I've read  a couple articles recently that were written by financial experts regarding TARP and they even said that's exactly what should have happened. The same for the Wall Street hucksters, their shareholders should have bailed them out but that would be too difficult for the cocksuckers. One more thing, if private business is going to keep relying on taxpayer bailouts then their top priority should not be shareholders.

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Bullshit, I've read  a couple articles recently that were written by financial experts regarding TARP and they even said that's exactly what should have happened. The same for the Wall Street hucksters, their shareholders should have bailed them out but that would be too difficult for the cocksuckers. One more thing, if private business is going to keep relying on taxpayer bailouts then their top priority should not be shareholders.

Hmm...

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, irv said:

Workers are being sent home as of right now. I texted my wife but I haven't received a reply yet. Not looking good at all. 

Scratch that! The workers aren't being sent home, they are walking off the job but the stories are mixed as of yet. Some say they are being told to go home and others are saying GM shut down the lines?

Hey Irv, what is your wifes title at GM, for her to be in the high level meetings ?

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Why should the govt have to cover their unfunded pension?  

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

because they created the PBGC to do just that

Is it mandatory pension plans participate and get coverage in that?   In any case that fund is massively underfunded.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So highmark, whats with the liberal for your sig , or whatever they call that.

My avy Billy Jack?   I know he's (the actor) a lib just liked his movies growing up.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Trump may end GM subsidies.

I'm liking Donny more and more! What's our dolt of a leader say? "I am deeply disappointed in the closure of the Oshawa Plant"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/27/general-motors-shares-fall-after-trump-threatens-to-cut-subsidies-for-company.html   https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/27/general-motors-shares-fall-after-trump-threatens-to-cut-subsidies-for-company.html

cffa9517bcd51f870b280884014bf4a9.jpg

1 hour ago, irv said:

Why would anyone be dumb enough to think Trump has balls? What brave thing has he ever done?

Irv: You seem to have an inside scoop on this. Why the big deal now? Evidently GM had 23,000 employees in Oshawa in 1980.  Now they have 3,000.   They've lost over an average of 1,000 per year since 1980. This isn't that be of a deal.

9 hours ago, snoughnut said:

So a shareholders liability should extend beyond their investment?  Wow.