Check your account email address ×

GM to announce the closing of operations in Oshawa

irv

25 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

It will be interesting now with the change of guard in Quebec what will happen.  Still a weird province no matter what way you look at it.

They’re extremely racist and xenophobic but liberals can’t tongue their assholes deep enough 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

They’re extremely racist and xenophobic but liberals can’t tongue their assholes deep enough 

Which shocked me when they won like they did. 

I understand people wanted change but with the way the "media" portrays the way Canadians think I would have thought it wouldnt have been such a sure win.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

That’s why alotta people don’t come here often Irv. :bc: 

Go back to lurking again and not posting.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What's your excuse for not going to TBP anymore? Why does the shit always seem to follow you around yet it's never your fault?

Hes always the victim.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

My “excuse”?  Internet can become a bit of a time suck and abundance of negative energy, thanks to guys like you, Red Dog Dick and a few others.  That’s why alotta guys don’t come around any more.  Who wants to fight and argue all day long?!   Maybe you do, I got way more shit to deal with?....Serious answer.  :lol: 

Smh

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4623517/ford-ontario-open-for-business-sign/

Well there's 100 grand gone for nothing.

Maybe Drug Ford to could GM execs for a ride to show them the signs. 

Maybe to dumb can't sentence form you  :slapping:

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

My “excuse”?  Internet can become a bit of a time suck and abundance of negative energy, thanks to guys like you, Red Dog Dick and a few others.  That’s why alotta guys don’t come around any more.  Who wants to fight and argue all day long?!   Maybe you do, I got way more shit to deal with?....Serious answer.  :lol: 

14 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

ha ha ha Trump fan boy...   Look at you go.  "He works harder"   You are the dumbest fucker on the site. 

52 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

He did you dumb fucker. 

What's not to like? come for the witty political views, but stay for the  friendly banter!  :news:

Edited by Cold War
  • Haha 1

Workers are being sent home as of right now. I texted my wife but I haven't received a reply yet. Not looking good at all. 

Scratch that! The workers aren't being sent home, they are walking off the job but the stories are mixed as of yet. Some say they are being told to go home and others are saying GM shut down the lines?

Edited by irv

I’m surprised that fail and boomboom aren’t in here crying their eyes out that this is Mr Fords fault. Cause you know, he’s the one that must have skyrocketed operating costs there with his slightly cheaper beer. 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I’m surprised that fail and boomboom aren’t in here crying their eyes out that this is Mr Fords fault. Cause you know, he’s the one that must have skyrocketed operating costs there with his slightly cheaper beer. 

Nope. I know that they don’t make decisions based on the next four years. 

But 100% guaranteed if Wynne was in power, dumb fucks like you would put 100% of the blame on her. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Nope. I know that they don’t make decisions based on the next four years. 

But 100% guaranteed if Wynne was in power, dumb fucks like you would put 100% of the blame on her. 

You think that the ontario liberals escalating operating costs had nothing to do with it?  Or the prospect of the carbon tax raising operation costs had nothing to do with it? Ok

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

You think that the ontario liberals escalating operating costs had nothing to do with it?  Or the prospect of the carbon tax raising operation costs had nothing to do with it? Ok

Fuck! Some people are stupid! The liberals have fucked this province royally and our current dolt in charge is fucking the rest of the country while we speak! 

12 minutes ago, irv said:

Fuck! Some people are stupid! The liberals have fucked this province royally and our current dolt in charge is fucking the rest of the country while we speak! 

Kevvyboomboom says it’s all ok cause Harper is out and Harper made him really sad 

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Lots of reasons dumb dumb. I’ve watched large customers close better performing plants and leave ones with lazy militant unions running just because of product mix.  I watched gm close dealerships in the last recession. They left two within a couple of blocks of each other near me  but closed two in one area leaving a huge area with no representation. 

I watched dummies like you give Trump praise for the economy continuing to raise one month into his Presidency. Yet you never said word one about Obama fixing the mess Bush left.  

Have any of you blamed Ford for this?  

This was decided before Trudeau came to power.  Yet dummies like you are blaming him. 

But to be fair.... that’s one of the reasons I keep showing up. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Lots of reasons dumb dumb. I’ve watched large customers close better performing plants and leave ones with lazy militant unions running just because of product mix.  I watched gm close dealerships in the last recession. They left two within a couple of blocks of each other near me  but closed two in one area leaving a huge area with no representation. 

I watched dummies like you give Trump praise for the economy continuing to raise one month into his Presidency. Yet you never said word one about Obama fixing the mess Bush left.  

Have any of you blamed Ford for this?  

This was decided before Trudeau came to power.  Yet dummies like you are blaming him. 

But to be fair.... that’s one of the reasons I keep showing up. 

This was one of your dumbest posts and that bar is pretty high :lol: 

49 minutes ago, irv said:

Workers are being sent home as of right now. I texted my wife but I haven't received a reply yet. Not looking good at all. 

Scratch that! The workers aren't being sent home, they are walking off the job but the stories are mixed as of yet. Some say they are being told to go home and others are saying GM shut down the lines?

So, years ago, the union would get together and all union workers would walk.  If they did that now, GM may think twice.  That's what you have a union for, right?

Edited by racer254

Plants in Detroit, Warren, Baltimore and Lordstown closing too. Not only bad news for us up here but also south of the border as well. :sad:

Just now, racer254 said:

So, years ago, the union would get together and all union workers would walk.  If they did that now, GM may think twice.

Too late I'm afraid, and the workers don't have that power anymore. If they walked now, it only hurts them more.

7 minutes ago, irv said:

Plants in Detroit, Warren, Baltimore and Lordstown closing too. Not only bad news for us up here but also south of the border as well. :sad:

Detroit and Oshawa were no shock to me 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I forgot the mention when the clown Posse were blaming Obama for the 2008 recession. 

Now's it's perfect. 

Ya the same time you were praising obama for stimulus spending in 2008 and ridiculing Harper for the same thing.   That's a true definition of hack 

Just now, Kev144 said:

Ya the same time you were praising obama for stimulus spending in 2008 and ridiculing Harper for the same thing.   That's a true definition of hack 

Not me.   I was against the bail outs.  I thought letting it burn down then wouldn't have been the worst thing.

I was definitely against topping up the GM pensions and all of the bank bail outs. 

I conceded later that protecting GM from being bought by the Chinese was a good idea.  There was a lot of tech that they could get hold of the would hurt North American competitiveness.   But they should have let the banks fold. No special technology there. Then giving them their raw material (money) at 0% was bullshit. 

It made the housing bubble worse in the process.  

13 minutes ago, irv said:

Trumps new NAFTA is so sucessful that mexico plants remain open and us ones close,  SMH at those who hold him up as a hero 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, irv said:

What plant in Warren is closing? That's the Tech Center and they've stopped the big $$$ renovations they were doing last I heard. D-Ham is not closing either, maybe idle for a while.  :dunno: 

Buyouts and layoffs have been going on in white collar sections this fall. Automotive is a 10 year cycle they say and 2008 sucked so...