Check your account email address ×

GM to announce the closing of operations in Oshawa

irv

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What happens if they don't sign?

They were hoping to get enough layoffs through this package. Attrition. If they didn't get the numbers there was the threat of layoffs. From what my wife told me, they met or almost met those numbers. She was in a big meeting just last week and they were talking about things but not this closure. If it is true, no one she works with, including upper management, knew about this as nothing was said at all. I am sure it is going to be an interesting day tomorrow however and I'm sure, like the rest of us, we will hear something. If my wife finds out anything, she will definitely text me when she can.

48 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I really would blame this more on the ontario liberals and the gender neutral sock puppet was just the icing on the cake 

My guess as well. The huge Hydro costs, around $30 million a year, I believe, would be enough to make anyone leave! But, with that said, and Trump in power state side, anything is possible as well? I know they had no product after 2020, which is odd not to hear anything by now my wife said, so this may have been coming for a while?

29 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Isn’t Ontario the place where they give you like $10,000 to buy a US made Tesla???

The Libs and their fucked up green energy plan, that put Hydro rates through the roof, offer incentives to anyone purchasing an electric vehicle. The only problem is, they didn't cap it so even those that could afford a Tesla also got it. Ford tried to stop it when he came into power but Tesla sued or threatened to sue so they had to allow it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

I apologize for not being on here to answer all your questions but I was outside getting the etec ready for another season of shack running and ice fishing.  Plus working on my other job so can't be here for ya smalls.

Not once but TWICE has a Queerbec company been given tax payer money instead of letting them fail.  Justin has a fascination of using Canadians money to support his riding and buy votes.  Like it or not he could care less about the typical Canadian.  Alberta is hurting and he gives the media a bail out...HOWEVER, people are now seeing the light when it comes to who cares and who doesn't.  Follow provincial elections and you will notice a swing is starting to happen. 

I don't care what the hardcore left wingers say.  I'll give respect to a leader who actually gives a shit about the little guys.  Who puts policies forward to benefit all not just the elite.  Going back to the basics and focusing on what needs to be done is where all levels need to go.  Instead of trying to look cool on the international stage.  Look cool at home first and that will make you stand out.  (using cool as the current PM only cares about looking cool and your president doesn't give a shit what people call him).

Which has fuck all to do with GM closing the Oshawa Plant....you just throw Trudeaus name out there constantly like you have a fucking clue and you got your sled ready and worked on another job in  that short of time....really? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Which has fuck all to do with GM closing the Oshawa Plant....you just throw Trudeaus name out there constantly like you have a fucking clue and you got your sled ready and worked on another job in  that short of time....really? 

Never finished the sled.  Just doing bits and pieces here and there. 

I do have 2 jobs and currently making a government proposal for a business so sorry bout your luck.

And I understand why you missed why I said what I said. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He has no answer :lol: 

21 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

I apologize for not being on here to answer all your questions but I was outside getting the etec ready for another season of shack running and ice fishing.  Plus working on my other job so can't be here for ya smalls.

Not once but TWICE has a Queerbec company been given tax payer money instead of letting them fail.  Justin has a fascination of using Canadians money to support his riding and buy votes.  Like it or not he could care less about the typical Canadian.  Alberta is hurting and he gives the media a bail out...HOWEVER, people are now seeing the light when it comes to who cares and who doesn't.  Follow provincial elections and you will notice a swing is starting to happen. 

I don't care what the hardcore left wingers say.  I'll give respect to a leader who actually gives a shit about the little guys.  Who puts policies forward to benefit all not just the elite.  Going back to the basics and focusing on what needs to be done is where all levels need to go.  Instead of trying to look cool on the international stage.  Look cool at home first and that will make you stand out.  (using cool as the current PM only cares about looking cool and your president doesn't give a shit what people call him).

I'm not sure why people are piling on you but I don't come here often, but the bold sums it up pretty well, imo. This asshole can't go soon enough! Never seen the likes of it in my life. These Federal Liberals in power don't have a fucking clue about anything!! Throwing money around worse than a drunken sailor. :wall: If he shows up here in Oshawa to show his support for GM and surrounding workers, (Yeah, right) he'll use it as a photo op only as he is too incompetent and stupid to do anything to try and save these jobs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know he doesn't but he claims I missed it....fucking dolt.

You totally missed it.  

Follow Canadian politics and whats been happening.  You will see some weird things. 

2 minutes ago, irv said:

I'm not sure why people are piling on you but I don't come here often, but the bold sums it up pretty well, imo. This asshole can't go soon enough! Never seen the likes of it in my life. These Federal Liberals in power don't have a fucking clue about anything!! Throwing money around worse than a drunken sailor. :wall: If he shows up here in Oshawa to show his support for GM and surrounding workers, (Yeah, right) he'll use it as a photo op only as he is too incompetent and stupid to do anything to try and save these jobs.  

I suggest not speaking ill of the federal liberals.  Many here become offended and a little hurt when there way of fraud is spoken ill against

26 minutes ago, irv said:

Jimmy is just an old man bitter at life 

31 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That’s why alotta people don’t come here often Irv. :bc: 

What's your excuse for not going to TBP anymore? Why does the shit always seem to follow you around yet it's never your fault?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

I suggest not speaking ill of the federal liberals.  Many here become offended and a little hurt when there way of fraud is spoken ill against

Has nothing to do with that and you still haven't explained why/how Trudeau would save GM if it were in Quebec....fuck even Hayseed Rod says you're wrong.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What's your excuse for not going to TBP anymore? Why does the shit always seem to follow you around yet it's never your fault?

My “excuse”?  Internet can become a bit of a time suck and abundance of negative energy, thanks to guys like you, Red Dog Dick and a few others.  That’s why alotta guys don’t come around any more.  Who wants to fight and argue all day long?!   Maybe you do, I got way more shit to deal with?....Serious answer.  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My “excuse”?  Internet can become a bit of a time suck and abundance of negative energy, thanks to guys like you, Red Dog Dick and a few others.  That’s why alotta guys don’t come around any more.  Who wants to fight and argue all day long?!   Maybe you do, I got way more shit to deal with?....Serious answer.  :lol: 

Ahh there it is....never your fault and the old "it's why a lot of guys don't come around anymore"....funny thing is that you blame me and Red but TBP seems to be doing fine without you around but whatever. Also if you would pay attention instead of waltzing in here blind you would see that Gummy made some half ass statement and still can't explain it but feel free to make it about me. 

BTW those are all your cronies over there yet here you are...maybe you are just a little embarrassed for acting like such a cunt over politics.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Has nothing to do with that and you still haven't explained why/how Trudeau would save GM if it were in Quebec....fuck even Hayseed Rod says you're wrong.

Because the federal liberals have a long history of throwing money at Quebec for votes including a long line of corporate welfare 

my statement is that if it were in Quebec almost no amount of money would keep GM there as they’ve gone to great lengths to gtfo of Quebec before 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Because the federal liberals have a long history of throwing money at Quebec for votes including a long line of corporate welfare 

my statement is that if it were in Quebec almost no amount of money would keep GM there as they’ve gone to great lengths to gtfo of Quebec before 

Well fuck both sides do that here all the time. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahh there it is....never your fault and the old "it's why a lot of guys don't come around anymore"....funny thing is that you blame me and Red but TBP seems to be doing fine without you around but whatever. Also if you would pay attention instead of waltzing in here blind you would see that Gummy made some half ass statement and still can't explain it but feel free to make it about me. 

Yes Smales you’re a regular ray of fuckin sunshine.   :lol:   People come here to hang onto your every word  cuz you’re such a snowmachiner and all....lives in the lake effect snowbelt in a resort town.....barely rides.  Is a big draw on new members wanting to log on and participate...  :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not at all and in fact you shot down his Quebec/GM theory.

You still missed where it was going. 

The dyke got the ball rolling for sure like Rod mentioned.  But federal policies, the future the feds want to impose is NOT good for business in Canada.  If you were in the manufacturing business in a country where policies depicting taxes (carbon to be specific) why would you stay and pay more?  Moving the plant and diversifying its vehicle manufacturing to other plants in countries (usa) where there is no such stupidity is a smart business move.   Electricity is already expensive and will go up with the new tax, heating bills will increase and gas will go up.  Terrible for the workers and families.

By offering a "deal" to gm to remain it won't benefit Trudeau at all.  Small amount of voters in a province that has flipped.  Plus its less likely to benefit other ministers businesses and conflict of interests to help them.  Lets remember the finance minister's issue which was swept under the rug. 

If Trudeau can influence votes he will throw money at it.  The last 3 years has shown that. 

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It will be interesting now with the change of guard in Quebec what will happen.  Still a weird province no matter what way you look at it.