Check your account email address ×

Anchor babies

Pete

Trump plans to sign executive order ending birthright citizenship: Axios

President Trump intends to sign an executive order ending so-called "birthright citizenship," where any baby born on U.S. soil is automatically deemed a U.S. citizen, according to an interview posted Tuesday.

The policy, which stems from a disputed, but long-recognized interpretation of the 14th Amendment, has given rise to what Trump considers abuse of the immigration system. Trump told "Axios on HBO," that the U.S. is the only country in the world "where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States ... with all of those benefits."

Trump called birthright citizenship "ridiculous" and said that "it has to end."

Under current policy, anyone born in the U.S. – regardless of whether they are delivered by a non-citizen or unauthorized immigrant – is considered a citizen. The interpretation has been blamed for so-called 'birth tourism' and chain migration.

Michael Anton, a former national security adviser for Trump, pointed out in July that "there’s a clause in the middle of the amendment that people ignore or they misinterpret – subject to the jurisdiction thereof.”

"What they are saying is, if you are born on U.S. soil subject to the jurisdiction of the United States – meaning you’re the child of citizens or the child of legal immigrants, then you are entitled to citizenship,” Anton told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson in July. “If you are here illegally, if you owe allegiance to a foreign nation, if you’re the citizen of a foreign country, that clause does not apply to you.”

The interview was released after Trump told Fox News that Central American migrants who are approaching the U.S.-Mexico border in caravans are "wasting their time" and vowed, "they are not coming in."

Trump spoke to "The Ingraham Angle" hours after the Pentagon announced it would deploy some 5,200 troops to the southern border in what the commander of U.S. Northern Command described as an effort to "harden the southern border" by stiffening defenses at and near legal entry points.

"When they are captured, we don't let them out," Trump told host Laura Ingraham. "We're not letting them out ... We're not catching, we're not releasing ... We're not letting them into this country."

Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals judge James C. Ho, who was appointed by Trump, has argued that it would be “unconstitutional” to change how the 14th amendment was written and that the line subject to debate applies to the legal obligation of all foreigners and immigrants to follow U.S. law, Axios reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-he-plans-to-sign-executive-order-ending-birthright-citizenship

I hope you trumpsters will be able to relax afterwards. The amount of sleep loss over this petty shit must be epic. Just think dopo, after this move things will start trickling. Taxes will decrease, take home pay increase, medical expenses drop, less vagina infections. A win the whole way around

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

I hope you trumpsters will be able to relax afterwards. The amount of sleep loss over this petty shit must be epic. Just think dopo, after this move things will start trickling. Taxes will decrease, take home pay increase, medical expenses drop, less vagina infections. A win the whole way around

:lol: Do you type this with a straight face?

This is a another good move by Trump, BTW.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

as long as trump continues to kick you in the balls im all for it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

as long as trump continues to kick you in the balls im all for it.

Trump could kick you in the balls and you would ask for another Petey Boy!!!😝👍🏿

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Trump could kick you in the balls and you would ask for another Petey Boy!!!😝👍🏿

dude why all the emotion?

Just now, Mainecat said:

Unlike you I don’t fear any non white Americans. But hey that’s what a pussy is.

I don't fear non white AMERICANS either you fucking tool.

But I also don't want some dirt bag exploting our resources just because they can. And don't tell me that they dont

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

I don't fear non white AMERICANS either you fucking tool.

But I also don't want some dirt bag exploting our resources just because they can. And don't tell me that they dont

They work harder than you.

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

You know all about your infected vagina. Fact. 

• Haha 1

It has always been a strange law anyways. Let's just forget about our southern border for the sake of discussion and just look at pregnancy tourism from Asia. Literally wealthy Asians from a long list of countries would fly into the US late in their pregnancy just so their child would end up with dual citizenship. Again how is this a plus for the country as a whole?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Can you imagine if a bunch of Japs moved in next door to him. :lol:

Gran Torino  :lol:

Met some cool people Sunday, who let us park the RV on their vacant lot  next door.  In the D you survive by knowing wherte you can & can't go..........black or white.