Check your account email address ×

Colin Kaepernick Named Face of Nike's 30th Anniversary of 'Just Do It' Campaign

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I don’t think he’d see it that way. Not speaking for him, but my guess.

Neither would I....its all about the greenbacks.

Kaepernick's not stupid.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DAVE said:

Neither would I....its all about the greenbacks.

Kaepernick's not stupid.

It’s about a lot of things but why shouldn’t he make a living at the same time? 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s about a lot of things but why shouldn’t he make a living at the same time? 

Agreed...but the message hes sending in the ad...is not what hes actually doing himself.

Is he a paid protestor or is he a football player?

The ad is about sports....

He doesnt play sports....he gave up.

13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Kaepernick could easily rejuvenate his career in Canada in the CFL....

But thats not what hes about....he doesnt want to play football.

He is also not what you want to label him. Whether he still plays football or not he is an athlete and he is a football player albeit a former player. That is what he is known for. if you were an electrician for 20 years you dont stop being an electrician because you are out of work. 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

He is also not what you want to label him. Whether he still plays football or not he is an athlete and he is a football player albeit a former player. That is what he is known for. if you were an electrician for 20 years you dont stop being an electrician because you are out of work. 

:lol:

He is sending a message to never give up...he gave up.

Hes a protestor.

Nothing more.

21 minutes ago, DAVE said:

He is sending a message to never give up...he gave up.

Hes a protestor.

Nothing more.

x's 2 and him and the other sniveling twats should head to DC on their own time instead of being twats on game day.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

x's 2 and him and the other sniveling twats should head to DC on their own time instead of being twats on game day.

Don't watch if it bothers you so much. 

44 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You seem bothered that it bothers him. 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Don't watch if it bothers you so much. 

Yeah Jim, I should stop watching the games because of a bunch of sniveling twats :rolleyes: Like I said, the players should be throwing their tantrums in DC on their own time and not on the NFL's time.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yeah Jim, I should stop watching the games because of a bunch of sniveling twats :rolleyes: Like I said, the players should be throwing their tantrums in DC on their own time and not on the NFL's time.

Sounds like you are throwing the tantrum not the players. 

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That would be to much of a inconvenience.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sounds like you are throwing the tantrum not the players. 

Easiest thing to do is just ignore the players...quit showing the anthems on tv or quit playing the anthems entirely.

2 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Good commercial. Telling people never to settle, which sounds pretty fucking American to me, yet some can’t get past Kapernick as if that’s the only person they are talking about. 

Wrong spokesperson.  It's like Jared doing a PSA on the importance of good pre-school programs.

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

But he did settle...he gave up on football.

Yup.  Let's face it, he just wasn't that good to keep playing....may as well cash in to be an activist whiner.  Our nation is full of those that will put him on a pedestal for it.  "Our hero!"

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

Yup

...easy paycheck....

All this is.  Or, did I miss what he and all the other players did in the offseason to promote their social justice/Anti-Trump movement?

2 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I don’t think he’d see it that way. Not speaking for him, but my guess.

I think he's at least smart enough to cash on being a feel sorry for me activist.  Next up...public office!!!

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I really want to jump in here ,  but I’m at like a 2 on fucks giving and feel like everyone else is at a 10.   :popcornchair:

Yeah....let go have a few cold ones a smoke a berl out of a coke can.  :bc:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wrong spokesperson.  It's like Jared doing a PSA on the importance of good pre-school programs.

Yup.  Let's face it, he just wasn't that good to keep playing....may as well cash in to be an activist whiner.  Our nation is full of those that will put him on a pedestal for it.  "Our hero!"

All this is.  Or, did I miss what he and all the other players did in the offseason to promote their social justice/Anti-Trump movement?

I think he's at least smart enough to cash on being a feel sorry for me activist.  Next up...public office!!!

Yeah....let go have a few cold ones a smoke a berl out of a coke can.  :bc:

Its not an issue in the off season obviously.