Check your account email address ×

Need help input on my sled choice

48 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Dude you see the losers in this thread. Both Slinger and Joe with loser posts

Please......dude. Take the poo

I am as unbiased as they come and I can't tell you how much better it is than the doors chassis 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

To me, I guess if both sleds were equal (I don't thing so) but, let's say.  You gotta pick the one with the best resale.  Doo wins easily.  Cat and Poo resale are in the trash two years out.

2 yrs he'll new non currents are cheep .I am working a deal on a 18 mountain cat right now new 9800. just trying to get them to bring it to hay days or at least to town. may just happen 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

2 yrs he'll new non currents are cheep .I am working a deal on a 18 mountain cat right now new 9800. just trying to get them to bring it to hay days or at least to town. may just happen 

I was being generous.  Used, one year old Poo and Cat sleds with less than a 1000 miles are 30-40% retail off all day long.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I was being generous.  Used, one year old Poo and Cat sleds with less than a 1000 miles are 30-40% retail off all day long.

still worth more than getting propositioned at every warming shack to get your dick sucked by a guy with no chin because you pull up on a ski doo

• Haha 1

Love my XCR 800.  The axys chassis is as good as everyone says. The rush skid works, plain and simple. Not the prettiest but damn is it a great trail sled.  My next sled will also be a new poo, either the 850 XCR or XC if it pans out. 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Please......dude. Take the poo

I am as unbiased as they come and I can't tell you how much better it is than the doors chassis 

How do you feel about the ride quaility of the poo rear end verse the R motion 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, jtssrx said:

This is the other reason I’m considering the Doo. I walk into Dees with an issue on my sled on a monday I’ll have it back same day or the next day.  

14 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

that is worth more than anything 

Exactly! If I were split between two comparable sleds but different brands I'd go with the better dealer. Al and his family have been nothing but great to me since the late 90's

17 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Exactly! If I were split between two comparable sleds but different brands I'd go with the better dealer. Al and his family have been nothing but great to me since the late 90's

dealer means everything,  where i've been riding the last 5-6 years the dealer carries all 4 brands so no big deal to select any brand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

The r motion is better if you are touring and want a very soft compliant ride. The harder you push the Polaris the better it is. The r motion keeps the doo very stable and planted. The Polaris is like a fucking miracle because small changes in body position and input allow you to plant the front and rail or sit back and let the skis point to the sky if you want. It's really the most fun I've had without 200hp+ on a sled

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

R motion is just a better ride.  I hopped off my Assault twice, hopped on a G4 Freeride, and a 15 Freeride, both 137s witrh R motion.  Plus I rode my 14 Freeride about 4000 miles.  Theyre just more plush through the chatter and harder edge stuff, where high speed compression comes into play.  i'll also say that my Doo suspensions went longer without needing maintenance.  My Assault has 2600ish mile on it and several bearings in the skid are shot already.  Im gonna rebuild the whole thing just for piece of mind this winter.  Bigger bumps, riding on the edge, I'd consider them comparable.  And my 17 Assault is hugely improved over my brothers 15, which rides like a truck.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

That said, Im shipping off my shocks to Monster and asking him for his thoughts on a revalve, to get it more plush.  Weird thing about that skid, is you have to run it way soft, like 2-3 off full soft.  I've never run a suspension like that, usually in the middle of the settings.  I'm guessing lower high speed compression settings, not quite sure how the rebound needs to be adjusted if at all.  And Im splitting hairs here, I really like the overall experience on the Assault, doesn't feel tippy like my Freeride did, and also feels lighter.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

That said, Im shipping off my shocks to Monster and asking him for his thoughts on a revalve, to get it more plush.  Weird thing about that skid, is you have to run it way soft, like 2-3 off full soft.  I've never run a suspension like that, usually in the middle of the settings.  I'm guessing lower high speed compression settings, not quite sure how the rebound needs to be adjusted if at all.  And Im splitting hairs here, I really like the overall experience on the Assault, doesn't feel tippy like my Freeride did, and also feels lighter.

far more stable than the freeride (at least the XS version)

weight advantage seems to have disappeared at this point between the BCXRS in the G4 chassis and the SBA fro  what i was reading in one of the rage this week

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The r motion is better if you are touring and want a very soft compliant ride. The harder you push the Polaris the better it is. The r motion keeps the doo very stable and planted. The Polaris is like a fucking miracle because small changes in body position and input allow you to plant the front and rail or sit back and let the skis point to the sky if you want. It's really the most fun I've had without 200hp+ on a sled

Did you have quality issues with the Polaris?

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

R motion is just a better ride.  I hopped off my Assault twice, hopped on a G4 Freeride, and a 15 Freeride, both 137s witrh R motion.  Plus I rode my 14 Freeride about 4000 miles.  Theyre just more plush through the chatter and harder edge stuff, where high speed compression comes into play.  i'll also say that my Doo suspensions went longer without needing maintenance.  My Assault has 2600ish mile on it and several bearings in the skid are shot already.  Im gonna rebuild the whole thing just for piece of mind this winter.  Bigger bumps, riding on the edge, I'd consider them comparable.  And my 17 Assault is hugely improved over my brothers 15, which rides like a truck.

Thank you for the input 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm sending my shocks to him as well before I even ride it. He did the KYB40's I put on my X renegade and it was night an day different 

15 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I'm sending my shocks to him as well before I even ride it. He did the KYB40's I put on my X renegade and it was night an day different 

I had planned on having him do my pro 40's on the freeride but now I'm not going to bother

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Polaris, be sure to keep a fire extinguisher close by: image.jpeg.df5a991f1c0503b6ff8c562034a80e97.jpeg

poo 1.jpg

poo 2.png

don't forget the gas station. My doos out mileage all Polaris sleds lol