Check your account email address ×

Something doesn’t seem right

19 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Openly communicating and allowing expression vs stuffing it in the closet is progress.  Generally speaking kids don’t give a shit about sexual orientation like previous generations did.  It’s progress.  And it’s beautiful 👍

I'd agree with that for the most part. 

However we are going too far as a society in accommodating the feelings of confusion among children re sexual orientation. Just saw a bit on Vice this weekend where the parents of a 7 year old boy who identifies as a girl petitioned the court and legally got his BC changed to show gender as female. That is very, very wrong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

dick in a pussy? :dunno: 

We had girls getting pregnant at 12 and 13. :lol2:

Rosemary Rombough comes to mind...man she was developed for that age...her kid was in 1st grade before she finished high school. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

They talk a lot about problem resolution instead of fighting at my kids schools. I don’t recall my son ever getting in a fight. But he’s a big kid, and pretty quiet. I dong think he stirs the shit like I did. :lol: 

Mine wasn't really a fighter but sometimes the best resolution with boys is a punch in the mouth to get everyones shit straight.  

6th grade my son had a kid who just drove him nuts,  finally one day he just pounded the kid-  they are friends to this day

7th grade-  8th grade kid pushed my son in the handshake line after a rec basketball game then dared my son to do something about it-  my boy dropped him with 1 punch-  played jr high basketball and hs football together and the kid dated my neighbor for 3 years so they hung out all the time.

Can't do that with girls though,  nothing more vindictive than fighting girls and 30 years alter they still feel that way

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

We had girls getting pregnant at 12 and 13. :lol2:

Rosemary Rombough comes to mind...man she was developed for that age....her kid was in 1st grade before she finished high school. :lol:

There were a couple like that but for the most part they didnt put out that early. Then it seemed like after 16 they were fucking everybody. I know one girl in high school that had 4 abortions (that we knew about). Most of the rest were on birth control by then. Man I miss those days... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, frenchy said:

However we are going too far as a society in accommodating the feelings of confusion among children re sexual orientation. Just saw a bit on Vice this weekend where the parents of a 7 year old boy who identifies as a girl petitioned the court and legally got his BC changed to show gender as female. That is very, very wrong. 

spot on 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Its different for sure. The other thing different is these girls are putting out alot earlier than they did when I was that age. wtf? 

nope....

By AMANDA MACMILLAN 
September 19, 2017
TIME Health
For more, visit TIME Health.

Contrary to popular belief, today’s kids are not growing up too fast. According to a new study published in the journal Child Development, they’re growing up slower than they used to.

The researchers analyzed survey responses from 8.3 million adolescents, ages 13 to 19, from across the country over the last 40 years (1976 to 2016). They found that today’s youths, compared to those in previous decades, are less likely to engage in adult activities, including drinking alcohol, dating, having sex, going out without their parents, driving a car and working a job.

Today, the researchers say, 18-year-olds act more like 15-year-olds from previous decades. That was true across all demographic groups in the study.

The new findings are consistent with other recent research, and they tell a complicated story of teens today. “Some people have written that alcohol use and sexuality are down, so that must mean that teens are more virtuous than they used to be,” says lead author Jean Twenge, professor of psychology at San Diego State University. “Others wrote that they’re less likely to have jobs, so they must be lazy or immature.”

“If you look at the big picture, it’s not that they’re doing more good things or more bad things overall,” says Twenge. “It’s just that they’re less likely to do all kinds of things that adults do, and there is definitely a trade-off there.”

One downside to slower development is that teens may be unprepared for living independently when they go off to college, get their first job or set out on their own, Twenge says. But there are also plenty of benefits, especially for teens’ health. “When kids don’t grow up before they’re ready, they’re protected from things like alcohol and sex,” says Twenge.

The study’s findings may help explain why the teen birth rate rate is lower than ever, Twenge says, and why teenagers get in fewer car accidents than they used to. “Teens are safer and healthier than they’ve ever been,” she says, “and that’s obviously a very good thing.” (The latter statistic comes from research Twenge did for her new book, iGen: Why Today’s Super-Connected Kids Are Growing Up Less Rebellious, More Tolerant, Less Happy—and Completely Unprepared for Adulthood.)

The new study did not investigate why maturity has slowed among teenagers, but the researchers have a few guesses. Twenge and her co-author cite the evolutionary “life-history theory,” which states that human development will be slower when families are smaller, people live longer, children are safe and healthy and education takes longer to complete. “That’s a pretty good description of our current culture,” says Twenge.

It’s also possible that the use of smartphones and Internet access has played a role in accelerating these patterns over the last five or so years. Because they allow kids to communicate with friends without leaving their homes, she says, they have less opportunity to engage in adult activities. “But it’s clear that technology is not the only cause of these trends,” she adds, “given that they began long before smartphones or the Internet were mainstream.”

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Mine wasn't really a fighter but sometimes the best resolution with boys is a punch in the mouth to get everyones shit straight.  

6th grade my son had a kid who just drove him nuts,  finally one day he just pounded the kid-  they are friends to this day

7th grade-  8th grade kid pushed my son in the handshake line after a rec basketball game then dared my son to do something about it-  my boy dropped him with 1 punch-  played jr high basketball and hs football together and the kid dated my neighbor for 3 years so they hung out all the time.

Can't do that with girls though,  nothing more vindictive than fighting girls and 30 years alter they still feel that way

This is no joke. My wife is south side Irish and we were at a get together at a bar a couple years ago and there was this broad who my wife hated since high school. My wife wanted to fight her. This broad came up to me and started flirting with me to fuck with my wife. Im like holy fuck is this shit for real? :lol: 30 years later! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

This is no joke. My wife is south side Irish and we were at a get together at a bar a couple years ago and there was this broad who my wife hated since high school. My wife wanted to fight her. This broad came up to me and started flirting with me to fuck with my wife. Im like holy fuck is this shit for real? :lol: 30 years later! 

I thought it was just my wife.  They sure have a problem letting things go.:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

nope....

By AMANDA MACMILLAN 
September 19, 2017
TIME Health
For more, visit TIME Health.

Contrary to popular belief, today’s kids are not growing up too fast. According to a new study published in the journal Child Development, they’re growing up slower than they used to.

The researchers analyzed survey responses from 8.3 million adolescents, ages 13 to 19, from across the country over the last 40 years (1976 to 2016). They found that today’s youths, compared to those in previous decades, are less likely to engage in adult activities, including drinking alcohol, dating, having sex, going out without their parents, driving a car and working a job.

Today, the researchers say, 18-year-olds act more like 15-year-olds from previous decades. That was true across all demographic groups in the study.

The new findings are consistent with other recent research, and they tell a complicated story of teens today. “Some people have written that alcohol use and sexuality are down, so that must mean that teens are more virtuous than they used to be,” says lead author Jean Twenge, professor of psychology at San Diego State University. “Others wrote that they’re less likely to have jobs, so they must be lazy or immature.”

“If you look at the big picture, it’s not that they’re doing more good things or more bad things overall,” says Twenge. “It’s just that they’re less likely to do all kinds of things that adults do, and there is definitely a trade-off there.”

One downside to slower development is that teens may be unprepared for living independently when they go off to college, get their first job or set out on their own, Twenge says. But there are also plenty of benefits, especially for teens’ health. “When kids don’t grow up before they’re ready, they’re protected from things like alcohol and sex,” says Twenge.

The study’s findings may help explain why the teen birth rate rate is lower than ever, Twenge says, and why teenagers get in fewer car accidents than they used to. “Teens are safer and healthier than they’ve ever been,” she says, “and that’s obviously a very good thing.” (The latter statistic comes from research Twenge did for her new book, iGen: Why Today’s Super-Connected Kids Are Growing Up Less Rebellious, More Tolerant, Less Happy—and Completely Unprepared for Adulthood.)

The new study did not investigate why maturity has slowed among teenagers, but the researchers have a few guesses. Twenge and her co-author cite the evolutionary “life-history theory,” which states that human development will be slower when families are smaller, people live longer, children are safe and healthy and education takes longer to complete. “That’s a pretty good description of our current culture,” says Twenge.

It’s also possible that the use of smartphones and Internet access has played a role in accelerating these patterns over the last five or so years. Because they allow kids to communicate with friends without leaving their homes, she says, they have less opportunity to engage in adult activities. “But it’s clear that technology is not the only cause of these trends,” she adds, “given that they began long before smartphones or the Internet were mainstream.”

Funny thats not what the teachers and administrators at the school are saying... smart phone technology has kicked this game up quite a bit. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Funny thats not what the teachers and administrators at the school are saying... smart phone technology has kicked this game up quite a bit. 

it's just more obvious when it happens but all studies have said the same thing, this generation are goody goodies compared to previous ones. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I thought it was just my wife.  They sure have a problem letting things go.:lol:

My wife is a psycho, she will still want to fight a bitch that pisses her off. I keep telling her she is not as tough as she thinks she is at almost 50 yo, she should really not be doing that. Why did I marry an irish woman? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I believe it.

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

it's just more obvious when it happens but all studies have said the same thing, this generation are goody goodies compared to previous ones. 

From what I’ve seen I agree with this. At least in our area.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

From what I’ve seen I agree with this. At least in our area.

yep. My daughter is 15. All the kids I come in contact with are really good. The ones that are into drugs, having sex and drinking hard are outliers for sure. 

18 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

My wife is a psycho, she will still want to fight a bitch that pisses her off. I keep telling her she is not as tough as she thinks she is at almost 50 yo, she should really not be doing that. Why did I marry an irish woman? 

:lol:Same here.

I think for the most part,  men chill as they age and women become more psychotic.

Wife just went on girls weekend with her besties.  Those bitches  fought a week before, on vacation, and still going at a week half later.

Guys hung out all week getting drunk,  and we never had a cross word spoken. Then she jumps me about having too much of a good time without her

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Openly communicating and allowing expression vs stuffing it in the closet is progress.  Generally speaking kids don’t give a shit about sexual orientation like previous generations did.  It’s progress.  And it’s beautiful 👍

i fully expect you to leave your wife for some dude.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

:lol:Same here.

I think for the most part,  men chill as they age and women become more psychotic.

Wife just went on girls weekend with her besties.  Those bitches  fought a week before, on vacation, and still going at a week half later.

Guys hung out all week getting drunk,  and we never had a cross word spoken. Then she jumps me about having too much of a good time without her

My son is on a travel soccer team for the last 2 years. In that time there has been several fist fights among families from opposing teams. Most of them are started by the women (not my wife LOL). Here we are trying to teach these kids about sportsmanship and their parents are fighting on the sidelines. wft? 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

That’s ridiculous. This entire gender fluid movement is insane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

My son is on a travel soccer team for the last 2 years. In that time there has been several fist fights among families from opposing teams. Most of them are started by the women (not my wife LOL). Here we are trying to teach these kids about sportsmanship and their parents are fighting on the sidelines. wft? 

If my girl started a fight under those circumstances she’d be on her own. :lol: