Check your account email address ×

Trump cancels Singapore summit with Kim Jong Un

I guess him and Kim aren't buds anymore.

Trump cancels Singapore summit with Kim Jong Un

President Trump has cancelled the upcoming summit between the United States and the North Koreans in a new letter released on Thursday.

The news comes after Mr. Trump has expressed some doubt over the June 12 date in Singapore, recently telling Fox News yesterday, "We'll see what happens," but still expressed some optimism that it would take place.

"We have certain conditions. We'll see what happens. But there's a good chance," he added of the meeting.

Mr. Trump writes in the letter to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un that he was "very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting."

His comments appear to refer to insults from the North Koreans directed at Vice President Mike Pence.

North Korean Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs Choe Son Hui, quoted by the state-run news agency, said of Pence Thursday, "I cannot suppress my surprise at such ignorant and stupid remarks gushing out from the mouth of the US vice-president." 

Pence, in his own interview on Fox News on Wednesday, had seemed to threaten the North.

"You know, as the president made clear, this will only end like the Libyan model ended if Kim Jong-un doesn't make a deal." 

Under the Libyan model, Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi dismantled his nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief. The agreement was initially seen as a success for denuclearization, with Libya welcoming international inspectors to verify the dismantlement. But eight years later, Gaddafi was overthrown in a gruesome killing by Western-backed rebels.

Mr. Trump adds in his letter that he felt a "wonderful dialogue was building" between the two leaders.

"Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you."

He did, however, thank Kim for his role in the release of three American hostages, calling it a "beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated."

"If you change your mind having to do with this most important summit," he adds, "please do not hesitate to call me or write."

This is a developing story.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-cancels-singapore-summit-with-kim-jong-un/ar-AAxIBx9

The "Political dummy" Mike Pence fucked it up.

I'll be real pissed if the Dmes impeach Trump and we end with this dunce as president.

After Ripping 'Dummy' Mike Pence for Continued Threats, North Korea Shows Commitment to Talks by Destroying Nuclear Site

"The discontinuance of the nuclear test is an important process moving towards global nuclear disarmament," Pyongyang said in a statement

Just hours after a senior North Korean official lashed out at U.S. Vice President Mike Pence for his "stupid and ignorant" suggestion that the White House may pursue the so-called "Libya model" of denuclearization on the Korean peninsula, Pyongyang reportedly destroyed its primary nuclear test site in front of foreign journalists, a gesture of goodwill that shows the Trump administration's continued threats remain the primary obstacle to genuine diplomatic progress.

"The dismantling of the nuclear test ground conducted with high level transparency has clearly attested once against to the proactive and peace-loving efforts of the DPRK government being made for ensuring peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula and over the world," Pyongyang said in a statement after the test site was demolished.

"The discontinuance of the nuclear test is an important process moving towards global nuclear disarmament, and we will continue to join hands with the world's peace-loving people in building a nuclear-free peaceful world," the statement concluded.

Destruction of the test site—witnessed by journalists from the U.S., Russia, China, and other nations—came shortly after Choe Son Hui, North Korea's vice-minister of foreign affairs, ridiculed Pence as a "political dummy" in a statement on Thursday and warned that "if the U.S. continues with their evil acts, I will ask for the summit to be reconsidered."

"I cannot suppress my surprise at such ignorant and stupid remarks gushing out from the mouth of the U.S. vice president," Choe said on Thursday, in remarks carried by the state-run KCNA news agency. "We will neither beg the U.S. for dialogue nor take the trouble to persuade them if they do not want to sit together with us. Whether the U.S. will meet us at a meeting room or encounter us at nuclear-to-nuclear showdown is entirely dependent upon the decision and behavior of the United States."

Choe appeared to be responding specifically to Pence's Fox News interview on Monday, in which he said nuclear talks with Pyongyang will "only end like the Libya model ended if Kim Jong-un doesn't make a deal."

As Common Dreams reported last week, North Korea has made clear that it regards the Trump administration's repeated references to the Libya model—particularly by ultra-hawks like national security adviser John Bolton—as "sinister" regime change threats that could undermine the possibility of diplomacy.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/05/24/after-ripping-dummy-mike-pence-continued-threats-north-korea-shows-commitment-talks

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What kind of imbeciles have something like this minted up? :lol:

The Failure Coin.

142b4f78-bb96-4480-9168-c54a12d8f559.jpg

Trump will pass those out at his rallies. The imbeciles will beleive he brokered peace...really

So south Korea and China have already laid the ground work and Kim said, "Fuck Trump, we dont need that prick" and is already complying with the negotiations so Trump doesnt get any credit? Fucking awesome! 

7 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

So south Korea and China have already laid the ground work and Kim said, "Fuck Trump, we dont need that prick" and is already complying with the negotiations so Trump doesnt get any credit? Fucking awesome! 

I’ve said from the beginning that China is pulling the strings here. The thought that trump getting tough on NK would bring them to the negotiating table is preposterous. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve said from the beginning that China is pulling the strings here. The thought that trump getting tough on NK would bring them to the negotiating table is preposterous. 

China is the better ally for him. The US has been itching for a reason to finish him off. Look what happened to Iran. He has good cover with China. 

it will still happen.  this is his style 100% blow it off like it means shit to him if he goes or not .

it ius like you sheep have not watched anything he has done this it Trump to the core .

yeah I know it is fun to jump on the toxic  shock bandwagon though 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Actually Kim has ignored all communication for weeks. So Trump didn’t cancel the meeting

No he didn't . Rocket mans attitude changed after his trip to China. China wants us to continue blowing them on trade. So they want to be able to make it look like a meet is their doing. And they will try to do that shortly.

32 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No he didn't . Rocket mans attitude changed after his trip to China. China wants us to continue blowing them on trade. So they want to be able to make it look like a meet is their doing. And they will try to do that shortly.

The administration either lied or gave NK mixed signals which in turn brought down the deal. Imagine that. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The administration either lied or gave NK mixed signals which in turn brought down the deal. Imagine that. 

You don't know a fucking thing about anything. Imagine that. :dunno: 

10 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You don't know a fucking thing about anything. Imagine that. :dunno: 

You’re a shit eater. That’s tough to imagine. 

Edited by spin_dry

4 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I heard Trump was scared that Rocket man had a firmer handshake than Trudeau so he cancelled. 

31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Why would anyone sign a deal after they reneged on the Iran deal? Trump brags about lying to his allies. No one would trust him