Check your account email address ×

800k people set to leave New York and California over taxes

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The subject was taxes and you said your last pay was 57% then sales taxes were 15%.   

So read it slow or not and considering a lot of people on here don't math very well.......  you can see the confusion.

No one is confused about you being an imbecile. :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, snopro31 said:

We get taxed way to much in Canada.

Have you seen our roads or health care?  They suck.  And I work in health care and it fucking sucks.  Shit equipment or no equipment. 

Hallway healthcare in Ontario.  Although thinking of having a sex change, no problem, thanks Wynnebag.

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You are without a doubt the dumbest motherfucker on this site.  If we had a poll you would come out of top hands down and even bring mortal enemies together for a brief truce.

He’s spot on.   You’re a hypocrite.  You bitch and moan while choosing to stay where you are.  Actions bro.....and your actions are all talk.  You’ve built a successful business in the GTA under their economic rules and all you do is bitch.  STFU or get the fuck out. :thumbsup:

Kev - also a successful business owner appreciates Canadian economy and tax code....on the other hand - you’re simply a selfish bitter fucker who whines and complains constantly.  

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

He’s spot on.   You’re a hypocrite.  You bitch and moan while choosing to stay where you are.  Actions bro.....and your actions are all talk.  You’ve built a successful business in the GTA under their economic rules and all you do is bitch.  STFU or get the fuck out. :thumbsup:

Kev - also a successful business owner appreciates Canadian economy and tax code....on the other hand - you’re simply a selfish bitter fucker who whines and complains constantly.  

:owned:

AC is a spineless douchebag wanting to fit in somewhere. Like most Canadians, well most foreigners, he likely despises trump too. But that’d go against the grain in here with his internet buddies. 

15 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Nope, he retired and headed to a state that would benefit his quality of life and his pension..

In that teachers pay thread, there is a NYS pension link I posted.. Over 80% of those pensions leave the state..They spend all the money NYS pays them (billions)for decades in other states..Think about that... 

Let's ask a fellow CNY 'r

@Snoslinger, you have to admit your taxed out the ass..

Taxes are high here, no doubt. But my salary is higher here too, to help compensate. We could move to a lot of places, and have done so, but we like this area a lot. Why don’t you move somewhere else if you feel you’re paying too many taxes?

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Taxes are high here, no doubt. But my salary is higher here too, to help compensate. We could move to a lot of places, and have done so, but we like this area a lot. Why don’t you move somewhere else if you feel you’re paying too many taxes?

:bc: 

@Rigid1  There’s grass everywhere and the growing season is longer in Florida......you could mow all year, make more money, and not have any state income tax.......:snack:

:lmao: 

I’d have to check my tax return, but between property (including school), state, and fed taxes we pay somewhere in the vicinity of 17% taxes. That is not way out of line IMO. Do many of you actually calculate your tax %? Know how to? Or just repeat what you read on Facebook?

42 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You would be runner up.

30 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Once my kids get older and on their own I more than likely will move. But for now and the next 6-8 years to come I will be staying here.

36 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:owned:

AC is a spineless douchebag wanting to fit in somewhere. Like most Canadians, well most foreigners, he likely despises trump too. But that’d go against the grain in here with his internet buddies. 

What is with you and your speculation and accusing others of "trying to fit in"?  Can it be they have an opinion thats diametrically opposed to yours?  Shits very weak.

12 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I’d have to check my tax return, but between property (including school), state, and fed taxes we pay somewhere in the vicinity of 17% taxes. That is not way out of line IMO. Do many of you actually calculate your tax %? Know how to? Or just repeat what you read on Facebook?

I'm calling total bullshit on that.  Fed tax rates alone are around 24% for the average middle class salary, and thats down from 28%.  Your state income tax rate is approx. 4-6% depending on income.  I notice you haven't included the hidden taxes like those on gas, services, etc..  You want to try again?

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What is with you and your speculation and accusing others of "trying to fit in"?  Can it be they have an opinion thats diametrically opposed to yours?  Shits very weak.

I'm calling total bullshit on that.  Fed tax rates alone are around 24% for the average middle class salary, and thats down from 28%.  Your state income tax rate is approx. 4-6% depending on income.  I notice you haven't included the hidden taxes like those on gas, services, etc..  You want to try again?

I’m not going to nickel and dime other taxes we pay, especially when other states have them too. : handjob:

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

He's Canadian they pay like 70% tax.

That’s what I thought, but wanted to make sure. Obviously our healthcare isn’t included in that. But my point is that I don’t consider myself overtaxed, and I even live in NY

27 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I just looked at my tax return. I was a little low on fed taxes. So when it’s all said and done, we paid 21% in the major taxes. Still not absurd.

Yeahhhh thats false.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeahhhh thats false.

Fuck you dude. I bet you’re one of those clowns that doesn’t do their own taxes, hands them over to someone else, has no idea what they actually paid at the end of the day, and instead believes something they heard. Am I right?

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

Return? Why would you take any back? Are you greedy?