Check your account email address ×

2019 Polaris @ 8pm tonight

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

At least on the demo ride ones that have the hot ECU programming. That single ring on the piston must help get them extra power as well, and extra durability, not.  I,m sure the ECUs  will be toned down for the regular Joes that have a short memory. I laugh at all the outstanding reviews from the early test riders. WTF are the suppose to say ? I,m surprised the Lesters weren,t invited to run them down Kevlar lake, so they could add to the glowing reviews. Time will tell, and Polaris first year releases ? Yup, they have been stellar. Now, IF they would only change that 4 year warranty, to say, 10K miles, then I might to start believing all the great engine durability claims.

I bet they haven’t finished their EPA compliant mapping yet and that’s why they haven’t released the HP. I mean I wish it would be 175 hp... I’d be giddy. But knowing poo it’ll be 165

4 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

At least on the demo ride ones that have the hot ECU programming. That single ring on the piston must help get them extra power as well, and extra durability, not.  I,m sure the ECUs  will be toned down for the regular Joes that have a short memory. I laugh at all the outstanding reviews from the early test riders. WTF are the suppose to say ? I,m surprised the Lesters weren,t invited to run them down Kevlar lake, so they could add to the glowing reviews. Time will tell, and Polaris first year releases ? Yup, they have been stellar. Now, IF they would only change that 4 year warranty, to say, 10K miles, then I might to start believing all the great engine durability claims.

If you understand how the motor works the single ring piston works.  They moved the Thermostat and changed alot to get much much better cooling.  A single ring will get better mpg and power if it can be cooled as efficiently as it's claimed with the new cooling and fuel system :bc: 

7 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Don’t use my words. DONT USE THEM!!!

:lol: Dude, your uber hipster valley girl words are one of the only reasons I keep coming back here.  I feel so cool when I misuse them.   :lmao:

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Looks like a bad ass sled no doubt. I’m sure they will do great in the mountains. Those pro riders sure make it look easy. 

Team 10 and Team 14. First and third place in the iron dog last leek. 

Oh.  See, the AC handbook says if Cat didn't win the race..it wasn't a valid race.  They have a new addendum for this year that I haven't ordered yet called, "The Russian Ploy".

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Because they moved back to chains and you answered a question with a question...try answering with an answer you fat fucking layabout.

...and this shit.  :lol: This is alswo why I keep coming back here.  WItty insults.  

16 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I know....it's all part of the game though.  Those HCS guys still take a ribbing over their video on the Axys.  When that thing first came out....HCS was fucking riot.  Poor Poo guys.....most were/are pretty good sports though.

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Guys that actually rode them say the new XC rides and takes bumps better!

Not what most racers say...at all.  I think this last year they finally must have got some tweaks to work but, most won't race it.  Seems the rear end loads up and wants to throw the rider over the bars.  Probably works well for most trail stuff though.  But I can skip by my buddy on the longer, tougher sections and he can ride the shit out of his.  It also lands weridly..then launhes straight up in the air.  It feels like a jet ski to me.

17 minutes ago, Edmo said:

To be fair they get pretty excited about all the new stuff. Check back with SnowTech after a year on the snow and we’ll see what the opinions are then. The XC does look like a winner though. :bc: 

Did you read it? I've been following them for a long time, they don't really trash anything but they kinda express a lack of enthusiasm about some models. They are pretty applauding of the new models and engine. Lots of new stuff here, it's a big deal. :bc:

20 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

4 year warranty on a sled is hilarious, in reality it's only an 8 month warranty :lmao:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

No such luck for the other brands, Textron announced at the dealer meeting that they are planning to spend 50 million on R&D.

Cat R&D is their customer. Sell it cheap and fix it when they're bound to it. New model 4 years later, repeat,

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

4 year warranty on a sled is hilarious, in reality it's only an 8 month warranty :lmao:

I guess I really don't pay attention to sled warranties.  Is it mileage based also?  "4 years/2000 miles"?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: Dude, your uber hipster valley girl words are one of the only reasons I keep coming back here.  I feel so cool when I misuse them.   :lmao:

Oh.  See, the AC handbook says if Cat didn't win the race..it wasn't a valid race.  They have a new addendum for this year that I haven't ordered yet called, "The Russian Ploy".

...and this shit.  :lol: This is alswo why I keep coming back here.  WItty insults.  

I know....it's all part of the game though.  Those HCS guys still take a ribbing over their video on the Axys.  When that thing first came out....HCS was fucking riot.  Poor Poo guys.....most were/are pretty good sports though.

Not what most racers say...at all.  I think this last year they finally must have got some tweaks to work but, most won't race it.  Seems the rear end loads up and wants to throw the rider over the bars.  Probably works well for most trail stuff though.  But I can skip by my buddy on the longer, tougher sections and he can ride the shit out of his.  It also lands weridly..then launhes straight up in the air.  It feels like a jet ski to me.

The new xc isn't talking the race sled. The new Indy xc is a consumer sled :bc: 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

The new xc isn't talking the race sled. The new Indy xc is a consumer sled :bc: 

Oh shit.  My bad.  I was thinking XCR.  I guess I should drag myself over to the Poo site and read up a bit.  Then talk more educated shit.  :lol:

:bc:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Oh shit.  My bad.  I was thinking XCR.  I guess I should drag myself over to the Poo site and read up a bit.  Then talk more educated shit.  :lol:

:bc:

It's a nice setup.  It's a new Indy in 129 track with 1.25 rip2 or 1.35 cobra or 1.5 storm.   Can get all 3 motor options as well.  Looks bad ass :bc: 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

It's a nice setup.  It's a new Indy in 129 track with 1.25 rip2 or 1.35 cobra or 1.5 storm.   Can get all 3 motor options as well.  Looks bad ass :bc: 

Ok, now this looks nice!  I cropped the fly screen a bit.  Put some good skis and shocks on it and it may work nicely!

600-indy-xc-129-sc-pr.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

This is great selling point. The ripsaw 1 you get on a lot of trail sleds sucks. Any one of these 3 would work, all good choices.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ok, now this looks nice!  I cropped the fly screen a bit.  Put some good skis and shocks on it and it may work nicely!

600-indy-xc-129-sc-pr.jpg

Nice choice. I like that all black or with red rails. :bc: 

18 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yup, imagine if we actually recorded how many days per each winter we actually used these toys.

I cann,t believe the manufacturers get away with this crap. Where in hell is consumer protection when you need it ?

Until they actually come out with an hours of use, or  10K actual mileage warranty, I will never buy a new sled. 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No.

Dude.....most the Anys riders around here look to be 3-bills strong with 3XL Klim gear.  I think they are all from the Chicago area cuz they have guns holstered on the side panel.  :lol: