Check your account email address ×

FreedomSledder running in the red

ckf

I ran the numbers this morning and it's costing me around $300 / year out of my pocket to run FS. Unfortunately due to the nature of the website there isn't any way to attract advertisers.

There are also a number of CM's here that didn't pay the renewals last year and I wasn't able to remove their CM status because their PayPal & FS email addresses didn't match up.

As much as I like hanging out with you guys, I don't want it to cost me close to $300 a year to do it, LOL.  If we can't figure out some way to cover the expenses I could always migrate to a slower server.  Any thoughts?

Well, I'll get flamed here but, it's my opinion that some of this site may need to be made more "adverstiser friendly" to get toward some profitability.  That means rules and enforcement.  I know....sounds kinda bad, but it doesn't have to be.  AND/OR..it's "pay to play".  100% pay membership.

Personally, I'd go for profitability over having a site for everyones "daily shit-show".  Fun as it is....you shouldn't have to eat the costs for all of us retards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I'll get flamed here but, it's my opinion that some of this site may need to be made more "adverstiser friendly" to get toward some profitability.  That means rules and enforcement.  I know....sounds kinda bad, but it doesn't have to be.  AND/OR..it's "pay to play".  100% pay membership.

Personally, I'd go for profitability over having a site for everyones "daily shit-show".  Fun as it is....you shouldn't have to eat the costs for all of us retards.

I don't see FS as ever becoming a profitable site. Forums are slowly fading away due to the instant satisfaction the younger generation can get from social media.  

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Sent!

Thanks Dave :thumb:

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, ckf said:

My PayPal said I sent money to the right guy...hopefully there aren’t alot of you around. :lol:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

21 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ive been freeloading , John can I just send a check to that IP po box?

That will work Steve. Thanks :bc:

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My PayPal said I sent money to the right guy...hopefully there aren’t alot of you around. :lol:

I got it Jim. Thanks :bc: