Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

Just now, revkevsdi said:

30,000??? None of them remember that anymore. 

The market had been moving mostly sideways when I got out. What absolutely baffles me is how “experts” of the cable business shows continued to express this profound optimism about the market. I’m no business expert, but the signs were so fucking obvious. Immense corporate and personal debt, a weakening world economy, tariffs creating uncertainty, a president that has no congruency in message, and finally the irresponsible tax cuts. WTF!!!  Who couldn’t read the tea leaves. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The market had been moving mostly sideways when I got out. What absolutely baffles me is how “experts” of the cable business shows continued to express this profound optimism about the market. I’m no business expert, but the signs were so fucking obvious. Immense corporate and personal debt, a weakening world economy, tariffs creating uncertainty, a president that has no congruency in message, and finally the irresponsible tax cuts. WTF!!!  Who couldn’t read the tea leaves. 

I should have just stayed out....the next 2 years is gonna be bad. I'm down 14% over the last 5 months

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I should have just stayed out....the next 2 years is gonna be bad. I'm down 14% over the last 5 months

Down .016% for me last 12 months

Edited by BOHICA

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think these experts have too much information to muddle through. They can’t see the trees from the forest. It’s the strangest thing. The best story I ever heard came from the VP of a bank that lives nearby. We’ve been friends for years. Two to threes weeks prior to the crash of “08 she liquidated virtually her entire portfolio including two apartment complexes. All to re-evaluate and consolidate some investments and purchase property in Hawaii. Her hubby was retiring from the navy and they wanted a fresh start together. She swears it was by pure chance. My god did she get lucky. 

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Down .016% for me last 12 months

Yah....probably 1-2% for me in last 12 months 

I was up 7% 5 months ago though and am going to be down 7% after today. That's a nasty swing

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

BULLSHIT the market was nearly as low in March of this year.

Read a financial report,  everyone states the worry over trade war is the main driver, as well as the effect on the world economy the trade war is having.

And was climbing and or sideways for the majority of it until mid terms....  trade war in full swing, amazon worth a trillion....  Apple worth a trillion so on and so forth.

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I think these experts have too much information to muddle through. They can’t see the trees from the forest. It’s the strangest thing. The best story I ever heard came from the VP of a bank that lives nearby. We’ve been friends for years. Two to threes weeks prior to the crash of “08 she liquidated virtually her entire portfolio including two apartment complexes. All to re-evaluate and consolidate some investments and purchase property in Hawaii. Her hubby was retiring from the navy and they wanted a fresh start together. She swears it was by pure chance. My god did she get lucky. 

Experts?  They don't try to predict and you don't want to listen to anyone without a solid decade long track record.  Pfft.

15 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

And was climbing and or sideways for the majority of it until mid terms....  trade war in full swing, amazon worth a trillion....  Apple worth a trillion so on and so forth.

Had been up and down. Again read any report you want, the trade war and its effects on the world market, along with ours is the problem.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nobody listens to losers invested in GICs or fixed income.  

On 1/16/2018 at 2:57 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

So basically Trump added more to the Dow in one year than what Obama added in eight.

Lol. 

On 1/16/2018 at 4:20 PM, Rod Johnson said:

Remember when super winner Vince was crying that the stock market was going to crash of trump got elected 

On 1/16/2018 at 4:26 PM, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  "The market likes stability".  Poor Vinney.  Hook, line and sinker....they got him!

Poor MC.  Just too fucking stupid to know anything about anything.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:57 PM, Anler said:

I know Trump just comes out and says some stuff that pisses liberals off and the stock market goes thru the roof! Why didnt anyone think of this before? 

On 1/16/2018 at 9:36 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

Who’s fault will it be when it comes tumbling down? 

On 1/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, DriftBusta said:

Anyone who doesn't call their financial advisor or pull their money to the sidelines.

Some of my favourite page one comments. 

Trump's tariffs, and the interest rates cut the jugular with a razor. It started the blood bath. Don't know where it will bottom, but I do know it will take YEARS again, to recover. 

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Pick up a Wall Street Journal and get educated.  Moto should too.

But I’m learning so much from you.  

“Get to the sidelines before it drops”

”Only fools try to time the market”

“Rumblings of 30,000 this year”

so many gems on this thread alone. 

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

so many gems on this thread alone

Agreed...

You are the gift that keeps on giving.

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

so many gems on this thread alone. 

I never recommended anyone get to the sidelines you lying, self hating fuck.  Quit misquoting people, for the guy who’s always calling everyone a liar, it’s pretty annoying.  I merely said it’s an easy process if you wanted to.   And yes there was rumblings of 30k Dow last January, based on how strong the market performed in 2017.  Anything else Felicia?