Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Seriously.  You don’t don’t have the first clue about the markets, how they work, and how they help people retire, or worse, what I do.  You’re just sounding like an idiot. 

No shit haha. By 2040 the conservative estimate is the Dow sits at 100k. The obsession with short term losses and hype over losing is silly. Even if you are retiring now and the bottom falls out, the notion that you need all of your investments at a moment in time is foolish. There will be a rebound like in every other instance in the history of the markets. In a few years, it will be right back at the previous high and expanding from there. 

2 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No shit haha. By 2040 the conservative estimate is the Dow sits at 100k. The obsession with short term losses and hype over losing is silly. Even if you are retiring now and the bottom falls out, the notion that you need all of your investments at a moment in time is foolish. There will be a rebound like in every other instance in the history of the markets. In a few years, it will be right back at the previous high and expanding from there. 

No surprise you’re here to back up Driftbitch. You were leading the cheerleading squad for 30,000 by the end of the year. 

When you die, does the government deem your shares to be sold and you have to pay tax on the gains?  If so, when the boomers die what will happen to the share prices ?

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

No surprise you’re here to back up Driftbitch. You were leading the cheerleading squad for 30,000 by the end of the year. 

When you die, does the government deem your shares to be sold and you have to pay tax on the gains?  If so, when the boomers die what will happen to the share prices ?

Holy shit 😖. Just stop guy.  I know you take great pleasure in this market turmoil, but understand millions of families don’t find it funny at all.  You got alotta malice in your heart, and it’s why you get so much shit in this forum.  And no, when you die your shares go to your beneficiaries at the cost basis determined at death.  Unless your estate is north of 11 million or so, there are no federal estate taxes owed.  

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Holy shit 😖. Just stop guy.  I know you take great pleasure in this market turmoil, but understand millions of families don’t find it funny at all.  You got alotta malice in your heart, and it’s why you get so much shit in this forum.  And no, when you die your shares go to your beneficiaries at the cost basis determined at death.  Unless your estate is north of 11 million or so, there are no federal estate taxes owed.  

I’m sorry that you had to see the evil in my heart. That must have been disturbing for such a good Christian as yourself.  

So the shares can just be transferred, no selling or taxes on the gains?  That’s impressive. 

41 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I’m sorry that you had to see the evil in my heart. That must have been disturbing for such a good Christian as yourself.  

So the shares can just be transferred, no selling or taxes on the gains?  That’s impressive. 

Maybe they need to look into prescribed rate loans to offset their give investment?

Your worried about taxes on your estate after you're gone?:lol:

43 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Says the betas who fear the markets.

Why don't you tell the class what happens to RRIF's and RRSP's when the owner dies.

Then figure out when a larger co-hort of people who own those start to die.   

I'll wait. 

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I never claimed to be a good Christian or bad, but I generally hold no ill will towards my fellow man. You I’m not so sure of, based on your posting history.

And correct.  That would be paying tax twice on the same money, which in Christian parlance, would be immoral.

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I never claimed to be a good Christian or bad, but I generally hold no ill will towards my fellow man. You I’m not so sure of, based on your posting history.

And correct.  That would be paying tax twice on the same money, which in Christian parlance, would be immoral.

Aren’t property and sales tax being taxed twice?

46 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Why don't you tell the class what happens to RRIF's and RRSP's when the owner dies.

Then figure out when a larger co-hort of people who own those start to die.   

I'll wait. 

Oh, much better to forgo equities and stick to fixed income for the long term.  Do you know the difference between short term and long term investing?  Fucking Betas.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Oh, much better to forgo equities and stick to fixed income for the long term.  Do you know the difference between short term and long term investing?  Fucking Betas.

You didn't answer the question. Poor stupid Arctic beta.

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

You didn't answer the question. Poor stupid Arctic beta.

Registered accounts are about 1/3 of my liquid holdings.  

They are deemed disposed.  You hold equities in your RRSP?:lol:

Or anywhere?:lol:

Edited by ArcticCrusher

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Registered accounts are about 1/3 of my liquid holdings.  

They are deemed disposed.  You hold equities in your RRSP?:lol:

Or anywhere?:lol:

You managed half the answer.   You are a dumbfuck 

On 1/16/2018 at 11:21 PM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It will hit 30K on that hope and hype. Then correct to the mean. Nothing spectacular. It isn't based on faulty practices just over-exuberance. That really isn't a bad thing. The red flags that do exist are overvaluation of good products as a whole. It is the equivalent of saying Apple had a record year in sales, so lets bump their price up 20% when only 10% is justified. The key is not that they overvalued the price per say, the key is they had a a record year. The speculating on what that means for next year is the over-exuberance that is pumping this sucker through the roof. The financial statements are still strong across the board. It is still hard to say for certain that the market isn't worthy of the price it currently has. It all depends on this year. If growth shows the results promised, that sucker is worth every penny of 30K. 

Nothing like a long running thread. 

On 1/17/2018 at 9:42 AM, NaturallyAspirated said:

Is this bubble something that Trump should be addressing right now?

Neal

On 1/17/2018 at 9:45 AM, f7ben said:

Strange question.....I assume you are pointing to some executive action that you think is exacerbating the bubble? Trump is selling hope and hype....I dont find anything wrong with that aside from the lack of delivery on his promises. If the market and those buying in decide to expose themselves to historic gains based the hope and hype well there is not much that can be done about that.

Do you feel Trump should have done something about bitcoin before those that just bought at 18k got raped in a matter of days for 50%

On 1/17/2018 at 9:52 AM, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  Not just a strange question either.  An ignorant one.

Trumps policies  and crushing Obamas strangulating policies are allowing companies to raise the markets with their earnings outlooks.  These earnings outlooks are being predicted by the some of the most intelligent people on the planet.  They aren't sitting around wearing MAGA hats and high fiving each other with imaginary, "pie in the sky" numbers.

Consumer confidence, mo-os comfortable with spending money because they feel good they are gonna have it and be able to replace it easily in the future, is the #1 play in profit estimates.

All Obama supporters should duck out of this conversation.

580’is Dumb. He’s just not Zampedo and Ben dumb. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Why don’t you explain how the FED works... Oh wait, you have zero idea. Bahahhahaha

Anyone with a shred of critical though (the thing you get from good upbringing or an education) would understand if things remained constant to what they were doing at that time, the market would very well have hit 30k. Tariffs and rate hikes did a number on slowing the exact things talked about in my post from earlier this year. So you can keep bringing this up, but everyone thinks you sound like a moron for not having the mental capacity to follow along. And you proved that again tonight by not having the smallest idea of what the FED does and doesn’t do. That’s embarrassing. A prediction notncoming true on the markets, that’s expected. Now hold my pocket with those cute little hands or I’m gonna go in dry next time, BarbieBoi. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I know right!!!!

On 1/16/2018 at 10:28 PM, BOHICA said:

Ben jumped out a little early.  Tax cuts haven't even taken effect yet.  Give it just under a year.  If Democrats win the midterms jump out fast as shit is going to tank.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:52 AM, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  Not just a strange question either.  An ignorant one.

Trumps policies  and crushing Obamas strangulating policies are allowing companies to raise the markets with their earnings outlooks.  These earnings outlooks are being predicted by the some of the most intelligent people on the planet.  They aren't sitting around wearing MAGA hats and high fiving each other with imaginary, "pie in the sky" numbers.

Consumer confidence, mo-os comfortable with spending money because they feel good they are gonna have it and be able to replace it easily in the future, is the #1 play in profit estimates.

All Obama supporters should duck out of this conversation.

:lol:

Zambo whoops!

Neal

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You didn’t know the type of rates the FED control, and you want to call someone dumb? That’s amazing. 

Why is knowing the name of the rates important?  The result is the same. It’s not like their relationship to the market has changed   

Meanwhile you keep back peddling. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Why is knowing the name of the rates important?  The result is the same. It’s not like their relationship to the market has changed   

Meanwhile you keep back peddling. 

It had nothing to do with the name you tard. You gave out three distinctly different types of rates. This may sound like a little thing to you, someone with zero clue about economics, but if you are going to call someone dumb like you have 1000 times in this thread, you sure as fuck better be more versed than a high level google search result with zero context. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It had nothing to do with the name you tard. You gave out three distinctly different types of rates. This may sound like a little thing to you, someone with zero clue about economics, but if you are going to call someone dumb like you have 1000 times in this thread, you sure as fuck better be more versed than a high level google search result with zero context. 

You know what isn’t a little thing? The difference between 30,000 and 22,000. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You know what isn’t a little thing? The difference between 30,000 and 22,000. 

The fact this is what you are holding tight to is very telling. It shows a complete lack of basic understanding of cause and effect in the markets. Like throwing in tariff talk right after those predictions, or double the expected number of rate hikes. You want to get embarrassed some more, by all means...

• Like 1