Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

did just get done with a Karl Kuster mountain set up clinic.  was pretty cool shocked only a hand full of guys showed . but that was cool because we could get pretty deep in to some technical stuff. along with the basics and body placement type of stuff . cool guy and doo has been way ahead of the curve on offering shit like that along with the Duffy avalanche 1 classes.  

sort of shocked more dealers do just flip for that shit on there own if oem won't flip the bill . I have never been to a avalanche 1  less with less than 75 guys on it and all come with full pockets to buy shit after the class .

I know the free booze before and after deff more than pays for it self when loosening guys wallets 

Well the brake works on the CRF 6. I have it mostly back together minus rear suspension (waiting on sliders). I fired it up and I am getting a check engine light flashing 6 times. According to the internet, it is a servo motor issue. Most people said to clean the exhaust valve. I did that earlier this week and this is the first time it has fired up since. Anyone have any ideas?

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Well the brake works on the CRF 6. I have it mostly back together minus rear suspension (waiting on sliders). I fired it up and I am getting a check engine light flashing 6 times. According to the internet, it is a servo motor issue. Most people said to clean the exhaust valve. I did that earlier this week and this is the first time it has fired up since. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe check if the APV Cables are in spec/adjusted correctly ....you'll have to look up the numbers. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Maybe check if the APV Cables are in spec/adjusted correctly ....you'll have to look up the numbers. 

I just came back inside from doing that. When I was trying to figure out what to do online, someone said there was a fault code breakdown on the airbox. So I went out to double check that what I was reading online was my issue. Apparently I have a coolant sensor issue. 6 flashes

20181019_194230.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

I just came back inside from doing that. When I was trying to figure out what to do online, someone said there was a fault code breakdown on the airbox. So I went out to double check that what I was reading online was my issue. Apparently I have a coolant sensor issue. 6 flashes

20181019_194230.jpg

Ahhh....well at least your servo motor, valves and cables are good to go.:thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhh....well at least your servo motor, valves and cables are good to go.:thumbsup:

Which is a relief lol. Probably just a unplugged sensor or something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Oh yeah? Well beat this high speed state of the art fuel gauge!!! :lmao:I’m gonna get a patent!!!!

4792DDD0-CF3C-4052-B07A-3CF49AACAA48.jpeg

The lines looked a little crooked compared to the fuel level.  Maybe not. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I always mark out even gallons.

You be lazy.

Aww hell.  I don’t really care that much.  I was more curious to see what it held with the tank conversion and see how long it took for the back half to fill up.  I just dumped 2-5 gallon tanks in it for reference.  Ten is more than enough for any area I may ride.  Plenty of refueling options here.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Should be more lines , labeled

" hit it hard"

" rip it up "

"Pay attn to gauge"

" conserve"

" am I wearing comfortable walking boots"

These lines are covered by the side panel.  I have a laminated post it on the bar pad for all that PLUS....a warning light for Culver’s proximity!!

:lol:

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not a wrenching post but those Pro Open Mod sleds were the shit....200 HP...nice!

Those mod sleds went in a fire sale after they were ruled out.  Saw some From the top teams for $4-5k with $20k invested.  Problem is, they aren’t good for anything but hard racing and way past any type of conversion back.  Fucking frankensteined shit to the max.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:26 AM, steve from amherst said:

Should be more lines , labeled

" hit it hard"

" rip it up "

"Pay attn to gauge"

" conserve"

" am I wearing comfortable walking boots"

The Skee Doo one is marked  " Get your fuckin Snow shoes on , geek "  even at the full line.   :bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Those mod sleds went in a fire sale after they were ruled out.  Saw some From the top teams for $4-5k with $20k invested.  Problem is, they aren’t good for anything but hard racing and way past any type of conversion back.  Fucking frankensteined shit to the max.

Years ago, I started getting a little itchy when I saw a 04 Cat 800 mod sled for $2000.

Only good for collecting now.  

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Years ago, I started getting a little itchy when I saw a 04 Cat 800 mod sled for $2000.

I saw a bunch.  Heinin’s bought up quite a few. But the reality is, they are just nightmares and dreams hacked together for the purpose of getting the absolute shit beat out of them.  I bet half that were bought up by “Joe” burned them down in the first couple of rides.  I think I saw a 16 Doo pro mod on Craig’s the other day.for around 5k.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I saw a bunch.  Heinin’s bought up quite a few. But the reality is, they are just nightmares and dreams hacked together for the purpose of getting the absolute shit beat out of them.  I bet half that were bought up by “Joe” burned them down in the first couple of rides.  I think I saw a 16 Doo pro mod on Craig’s the other day.for around 5k.

They only needed to last a weekend before a complete teardown.  So many people bought them and threw money into the empty hole just so they could say they ride that mod sled 25 miles a weekend on $10/gallon gas.

Remember the old Black Magic 711 Invaders?  Only place I ever hear of those anymore is in a collection or shoved under someone's workbench hoping to find parts to fix it up.  

Just now, racinfarmer said:

They only needed to last a weekend before a complete teardown.  So many people bought them and threw money into the empty hole just so they could say they ride that mod sled 25 miles a weekend on $10/gallon gas.

Remember the old Black Magic 711 Invaders?  Only place I ever hear of those anymore is in a collection or shoved under someone's workbench hoping to find parts to fix it up.  

Yup!  

:bc:

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Where the hell have you been? ✌🏻

Dad died in May.  He was a collector for 50 years.  Been busy with life. Toured the U.P. to Mackinac Island. Bought a new RZR 900. Ford trucks. Put a new roof on the house.  Only bought 1 sled this year! First time in a long time for that.  But most importantly, I visited the Top Of The Lake Snowmobile Museum!

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, Zambroski said:

Every sticker adds 2.5 hp!!  Monster stickers add 10!!!   This lil’ 6 is a turbo killer now!!!!!!

:lol:

How you been, bro?

Good.  I'll be riding more this year, only rode the Summit about 100 miles last year.  Got a lil' 6 now myself :lol:  MXZ 600 Sport  not sure why, I've seen some great prices on Cat 800's this fall.  

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Rigid1 said:

I want an update about those Ford plow trucks you were piecing together..

Still running??

:bc:

I now have 4 running driving old Fords lol.  '89 plow truck (Katherine) got a new wiper motor and a HF 9000 lb winch this summer, and front & rear diff service.  The other '89 I drove the tires off and ran over 20+ trees.... it's been parked since that day.  Got a '94 that's run scrap that's about it.  And my other '94 (Elizabeth) I've been doing up.  Just put a leveling kit in the front, add-a-leafs in the rear, 6 new shocks, and all new tie rods & drag links.  It's at the alignment shop now.  The leveling kit put 3 degrees of camber in it LOL!  Oh yeah, brand new Cooper 31" tires and have another set of 33" Dayton's on offset Ford wheels but I still have to lift a little more for those!

IMG_3430.JPG

• Like 1

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

well historicly only race sleds are with collecting.  I never had the room so I stick with vintage Hondas they can stack close together lol 

Does anybody have an idea what rpm a 2007 crossfire 600 should idle and then start to spin the track? Mine idles around 1500 and engages at 4000 does that seem right?

16 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Does anybody have an idea what rpm a 2007 crossfire 600 should idle and then start to spin the track? Mine idles around 1500 and engages at 4000 does that seem right?

Yes to both.  1500 or so for idle, 4000-4500 for engagement.  A new primary spring would probably raise engagement up, but you should still be fine at 4000.