Check your account email address ×

Ride Report: 2020.5 Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

uncoupled 146/154 vs coupled 137.  As woolie said on his review of the new sled not as good on trail but way better off than a 137.   

:thumbsup:

Similar to a ZR800RR and Riot.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

went riding with a 2021 xrs 850 demo yesterday.

Front end is visibly different. Wider,new a arms,new spindles. 

Never rode it but buddy said that it rides alot better than the old front geometry. Followed him in some twisty trails and it really stays flat unlike my 850 that wants to lift when you get real aggressive in the center of the corner. He mentioned it seemed to corner real flat as well no ski lift.

Was launching it off big road crossings and he said that it never bottomed out like an x package shock would.

sharp looking with the gold trim.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

:thumbsup:

Similar to a ZR800RR and Riot.

Yep 

17 minutes ago, Roosting said:

went riding with a 2021 xrs 850 demo yesterday.

Front end is visibly different. Wider,new a arms,new spindles. 

Never rode it but buddy said that it rides alot better than the old front geometry. Followed him in some twisty trails and it really stays flat unlike my 850 that wants to lift when you get real aggressive in the center of the corner. He mentioned it seemed to corner real flat as well no ski lift.

Was launching it off big road crossings and he said that it never bottomed out like an x package shock would.

sharp looking with the gold trim.

It's actually not a 2021. It's a 2020.5 

Well you're comparing an XRS to an X      

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yep 

It's actually not a 2021. It's a 2020.5 

Well you're comparing an XRS to an X      

just reporting on what he said. My x package 850 would not do those types of flat landings without rattling some fillings in my teeth. XRS is just a better built unit top to bottom

Didnt even think of giving it a ride until it was too late and missed out on seeing what that new suspension is about. 

11 minutes ago, Roosting said:

just reporting on what he said. My x package 850 would not do those types of flat landings without rattling some fillings in my teeth. XRS is just a better built unit top to bottom

Didnt even think of giving it a ride until it was too late and missed out on seeing what that new suspension is about. 

Oh I don't doubt you or him for a minute.   Why I opted for the XRS instead in '17. And after riding it for 3 years and ready for another one, it was a no brainier to go XRS again. 

Good thing you didn't. You probably would have been ordering one here in a couple of weeks  :lol2:

4 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Ya

It really seemed to corner flat is what I kept seeing, and then I would hit the same corner and lift the inside ski. 

He kept saying it rode like a dirt bike

What are you running for skis and track/studs? 

I swapped out to the skidoo DS ski. It's a more traditional style ski with a keel. 

It was the bet decision I've made on this sled yet. The pilot skis are shit. PERIOD.

They have such a narrow performance window that they never seem to perform correctly. Vague turn in, bumps upset how they carve, shit for cross country. Side hilling is almost impossible with a pilot ski . These DS ski's a superior in all aspects.

Stock track 1.25 no pics. 

IMG_2523.JPG

46 minutes ago, Roosting said:

I swapped out to the skidoo DS ski. It's a more traditional style ski with a keel. 

It was the bet decision I've made on this sled yet. The pilot skis are shit. PERIOD.

They have such a narrow performance window that they never seem to perform correctly. Vague turn in, bumps upset how they carve, shit for cross country. Side hilling is almost impossible with a pilot ski . These DS ski's a superior in all aspects.

Stock track 1.25 no pics. 

IMG_2523.JPG

Disagree.  Big time.

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

Remember when an X package was supposed to have good shocks 

The XRS package used to have rebound adjustment.  Ski-Doo says their customers didn't know how to use it and ended up making their sled handle worse so they took it away.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

The XRS package used to have rebound adjustment.  Ski-Doo says their customers didn't know how to use it and ended up making their sled handle worse so they took it away.

Have you ever been on a snowmobile forum or Facebook snowmobile group? I am constantly amazed how much people who own snowmobiles don't know about them.