Check your account email address ×

Okay then...

Anler

Its clear most of you dont know fuck all about economics, taxes, foreign relations, drugs, crime, cars, trucks, social issues or much else really...

Do any of you know anything about snowmobiles or snowmobiling being as this is a snowmobile site? I know @Zambroski doesnt know shit about it but does anybody else have any trips planned or riding new iron? I was planning to go to the UP with Tick, Ben and Vince this weekend but looks like nothing going on. Ill be on the B-coming-Back new and improved 2015 etec looking to put on some bigly miles. Hopefully there will be some snow soon. Planning a 10-day saddlebag trip right now for February some time. But I will hit the snow as soon as its ridable, wherever that ends up being... :news:

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Its clear most of you dont know fuck all about economics, taxes, foreign relations, drugs, crime, cars, trucks, social issues or much else really...

Do any of you know anything about snowmobiles or snowmobiling being as this is a snowmobile site? I know @Zambroski doesnt know shit about it but does anybody else have any trips planned or riding new iron? I was planning to go to the UP with Tick, Ben and Vince this weekend but looks like nothing going on. Ill be on the B-coming-Back new and improved 2015 etec looking to put on some bigly miles. Hopefully there will be some snow soon. Planning a 10-day saddlebag trip right now for February some time. But I will hit the snow as soon as its ridable, wherever that ends up being... :news:

We got reservations in the UP 14-18 of December but conditions need to change greatly.   We are discussing a trip to Togwotee in February but nothing reserved yet.   I plan on getting up North a few times during my kids xmas break but will wait for conditions.   Plan on at least a couple more but will storm chase those.   If the conditions are right I will ride the UP or N. Wis at least 4 possibly 6-8 times this year.   The winder should get some good miles if the conditions comply.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We got reservations in the UP 14-18 of December but conditions need to change greatly.   We are discussing a trip to Togwotee in February but nothing reserved yet.   I plan on getting up North a few times during my kids xmas break but will wait for conditions.   Plan on at least a couple more but will storm chase those.   If the conditions are right I will ride the UP or N. Wis at least 4 possibly 6-8 times this year.   The winder should get some good miles if the conditions comply.  

Yeah I have a conflict next weekend but am pretty open the rest of the season. I am not opposed to going every week or weekend this season as I have gotten skunked the last 2 years. My sled is 3 years old and only has 3200 miles on it. It better have at least 6200 miles on it by March!

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yeah I have a conflict next weekend but am pretty open the rest of the season. I am not opposed to going every week or weekend this season as I have gotten skunked the last 2 years. My sled is 3 years old and only has 3200 miles on it. It better have at least 6200 miles on it by March!

I felt like I got skunked last year too. Lowest amount of miles for me in a long time. I’m cocked and locked, just waiting for the dumping of snow.

:yum:

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

I felt like I got skunked last year too. Lowest amount of miles for me in a long time. I’m cocked and locked, just waiting for the dumping of snow.

:yum:

I only got out 4 times all last year, Ed. The first time was up in clam lake and it was still kind of preseason. Lots of open water, downed trees shitty snow, soft ground, etc...

Went to SW Michigan with @f7ben for a day and that wasnt too bad but its only so good down there.

Then we did three lakes where i biffed the tree, but still conditions were less than stellar.

Last one was Grand Marais and trails were whooped out and melting underneath us. I think it was high 30's. Blah!

Im fucking jonesin bad now and I have the etec set up perfectly! Thanks for the heads up on that seat, my buddy Bob sat on it last weekend and ordered himself one the same day. :lol:  :bc:

My grandkids have more miles on than me and all their sleds are at my house.  There is decent snow about 150 miles north of us but they need 3-4 more feet before it's actually good.  The Iron Dog boys have been practicing quite a bit locally.  All the lakes and rivers are frozen good now so they are putting on lots of miles.  

23 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

My grandkids have more miles on than me and all their sleds are at my house.  There is decent snow about 150 miles north of us but they need 3-4 more feet before it's actually good.  The Iron Dog boys have been practicing quite a bit locally.  All the lakes and rivers are frozen good now so they are putting on lots of miles.  

Go Robby!

:bc:

Neal

only thing planed in stone with financial commitment is flat tops of Colorado Jan 20 to the 28th . was epic last yr should be this yr . 

have  long weekends open if anything worth driving to opens up between now and then .I plan on spending xmass to newyrs at the cabin snow or not .

I have 3 buds with new rmk and m chomping at the bit so I am sure first under 10 hr drive with snow we will be there 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

56 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Go Robby!

:bc:

Neal

31 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You rode in that fuckers Jeep didn't you.  Hahaha. 

That sounded like Neal took a Tonka Jeep from your grandson. :lmao:

Only planned trip this year is two weeks of riding and skiing in Utah mid March. My wife's arthritis is getting bad so she wants to spend more time in fla this winter. She probably won't get out for more than a couple weekends this year. :( I'll play it by ear, if there's snow up north I'll be riding, if not I'll enjoy some warm sun.   :bc:

2 weeks from tomorrow my sled will be moved up to the bellagio,  prob go pick around the logging roads for a couple hundred miles that weekend lord willing,

then it's 3 of 4 weekends a month till April 1.  Quebec trail pass should be here this week,  already registered in Maine and I think all my shits tight and right at this point.  Still need to find a sled for the boy to ride once we get into January and people stop being so proud on their prices on 1200's.  

I'm assuming we will have an absolute shit year for snow with plenty of melts and rain mixed in to make whatever we do get garbage. The groomers wont be out until well into January because nothing will be frozen. I'll try to ride up in the Yoop but since there wont be any fucking snow anywhere else every faggot ass FIB ,Troll and Wiscony Deer fucker will be up there tearing up the trail on their new whiz bang mountain sled. Another year of wasted time and money for very little riding .

When we get snow, ill be taking that long drive 20min up the road and mash me some moguls on the infamous TUG HILL bitches!!! I should probably start my sleds at some point too....:stoned:

I do a week long trip out west in each month of Jan. Feb. and March. Although this year dec. is looking pretty good out there too.

We usually wait until a week before hand to make the actual reservations. To make sure we go to the place with the best snow. We always stay at little obscure places. Usually cheaper and closer to the mtns. I prefer not to start the truck once we arrive.

I try to get in a little riding up north to but its hard with 2 little kids. If we get snow around here to ride I do that then. My trail sled has about 3K on it and I bought it new for the 12-13 season.....:flush:  I put new pistons in it a couple years ago and then didnt even ride it for a year.

Edited by Legend

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm assuming we will have an absolute shit year for snow with plenty of melts and rain mixed in to make whatever we do get garbage. The groomers wont be out until well into January because nothing will be frozen. I'll try to ride up in the Yoop but since there wont be any fucking snow anywhere else every faggot ass FIB ,Troll and Wiscony Deer fucker will be up there tearing up the trail on their new whiz bang mountain sled. Another year of wasted time and money for very little riding .

Yeah that is always the issue in The Yoop....hoping for enough local snow to bomb around offtrail and X Country.

6 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

I'll be riding as soon as we get some snow. We're going to Florida for Christmas/New Years so there will be no riding on New Years day like this year. 2018 hopefully will be 2500+ on the Blizzard.

We’ve gone to Florida the last 2 holidays because he weather hasn’t been good for riding. I was hoping this year would be different.

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We’ve gone to Florida the last 2 holidays because he weather hasn’t been good for riding. I was hoping this year would be different.

We try to go to Florida every few years to send it with some of her family.  The last time we went was 4 years ago. 2 years ago Christmas night it was 50+ degrees in Maine no snow. Last year plenty of snow and cold......I'm hoping for a repeat of last season. :bc:

7 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Current situation about a mile from my camp.

IMG_3534.JPG