Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice catch Scott :bc:    Brook fishing is about the only fishing I enjoyed as a kid. We would try to catch a ride to thr top of Mt Road and fish our way back down. Anything above the green bridge were natives.  Catching 50 between a couple of kids wasn't uncommon .

Wife's family place is in central Maine. A tiny brook around the corner has em. Tasty little buggers. Only freshwater fish I eat.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Wife's family place is in central Maine. A tiny brook around the corner has em. Tasty little buggers. Only freshwater fish I eat.

Try walleye. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2020 at 6:44 PM, steve from amherst said:

Family's farm up in the county had a good sized stream full of bookies. Then there was a tiny brook that dried up in the open field but still had pools up in the woods in New Brunswick. I used to walk it with just the top half of my fishing rod and catch 20-30 fish by noon. Tiny little bookies, ate them like French fries.

On 5/3/2020 at 6:32 PM, ckf said:

Works great!  Burgers cooked fast without any flare ups. 

20200503_175920-01.jpeg

Almost look like mine lol. I use one of those cooking sheets on the grill for burgers,souvlaki and veggies. There's no flare ups and nothing sticks to the grills

20200319_171229.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

LOL I'm sorry!!  Supplies are on the way though!!!

I can't wait to try the rubs! If I'm lucky I'll get the red hat too, lol

48 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Fuck.  The red hat didn't make it in that package.  Ill get you one headed up.

It's all good.  Jonah has the one that you sent for me still set aside.  

one of the best things I do on mine is spathcock chickens.  Have to find some for this weekend.  We've gone to assigned nights for cooking, cleaning and dishes because of all the bitching and I got T, Sa, Su as my cooking days

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

one of the best things I do on mine is spathcock chickens.  Have to find some for this weekend.  We've gone to assigned nights for cooking, cleaning and dishes because of all the bitching and I got T, Sa, Su as my cooking days

Are you guys still buying some of the online meal kits?

9 hours ago, smokin george said:

Almost look like mine lol. I use one of those cooking sheets on the grill for burgers,souvlaki and veggies. There's no flare ups and nothing sticks to the grills

20200319_171229.jpg

May as well just fry them in a pan. Flair ups are a good thing when grilling burgers. :bc:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

As slow as things are moving lately he should have it by mid summer  :lol:

we mailed 800 care packages to all our employees Friday and Saturday.  I was shocked a bunch all over new england landed in mailboxes saturday am and the mid atlantic people got theirs yesterday,  

Guess the response from employees was so good we are doing 800 more end of the month which will keep my kids busy making a bit of money packaging them.  Somehow our hand sanitizer slipped through FEMA and arrived Friday to get packaged and there is another 3500 bottles sitting in one of my offices now.  .  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

we mailed 800 care packages to all our employees Friday and Saturday.  I was shocked a bunch all over new england landed in mailboxes saturday am and the mid atlantic people got theirs yesterday,  

Guess the response from employees was so good we are doing 800 more end of the month which will keep my kids busy making a bit of money packaging them.  Somehow our hand sanitizer slipped through FEMA and arrived Friday to get packaged and there is another 3500 bottles sitting in one of my offices now.  .  

USPS  has been awful lately.  FedEx has been a little slower than normal too.  I haven't gotten anything shipped through UPS lately,  so no idea if they are on schedule or not.