Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Advertising Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yes full 2” insulated box. I’ll post pics when we are done. I cooked 15 racks of ribs last fall in it and with just a few tweaks it hit 225f and stayed there for 4 hours. I’d consider setting up a temp control setup but it really doesn’t take much input to get it set.

I hear you!  Any time you start messing with controls it can end up fucking you.  My big cooker is still manually adjusted and we feed 6-7000 people a year off of it.  There is something to be said for simplicity. :bc: 

• Advertising Member
Just now, Momorider said:

Least probably HoneyQ mostly cuz it has competition, Best probably Shore Thing so unique so good and I haven't tried it with seafood either :bbq:

Its amazing with shrimp, scallops, or lobsta!

Just now, Seatofmypants said:

I hear you!  Any time you start messing with controls it can end up fucking you.  My big cooker is still manually adjusted and we feed 6-7000 people a year off of it.  There is something to be said for simplicity. :bc: 

Yup

10 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

You think you will be interested in trying some of our rubs and working them into your program?   What are you guys using now?

Absolutely I’ll try them.  Been using Rudy’s and Lambert’s 

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Absolutely I’ll try them.  Been using Rudy’s and Lambert’s 

We are going to have 4.5 oz/14oz shakers to start.  Hopefully that isn't to small.  I think our stuff more then hangs with Lampbert's.  Ill also say it could hang with Smokin Guns too....but that is a very pedigreed rub.

82111_12oz._Bold_PROOF(R1).pdf

THAT PDF IS SAFE TO OPEN

Edited by Seatofmypants

1 minute ago, Seatofmypants said:

We are going to have 4.5 oz/14oz shakers to start.  Hopefully that isn't to small.  I think our stuff more then hangs with Lampbert's.  Ill also say it could hang with Smokin Guns too....but that is a very pedigreed rub.

THAT PDF IS SAFE TO OPEN

When you get product ,send it along so Jonah can get photos for the site.

• Advertising Member
Just now, ckf said:

When you get product ,send it along so Jonah can get photos for the site.

I will.  I also want to shoot these a little different.  Ill make sure there are extra samples in the package.....you know......for hands on testing........ LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

THAT PDF IS SAFE TO OPEN

Do you have any bottles ready to go? I’ll have you send them with the bbq. I’ll take 2 gallons of 181 and one each of the other sauces you have in gallons. You can send me 2 14oz rubs also

Just now, Seatofmypants said:

I will.  I also want to shoot these a little different.  Ill make sure there are extra samples in the package.....you know......for hands on testing........ LOL

He has plenty of free time right now as the restaurant he works at is closed during the lockdown.   I never did get that hat.

• Advertising Member

Do you have any bottles ready to go? I’ll have you send them with the bbq. I’ll take 2 gallons of 181 and one each of the other sauces you have in gallons. You can send me 2 14oz rubs also

The rubs will be pre-release versions still.  We are about a month out on rubs I think....also it has became a real pain sourcing stuff right now with the current situation.  I might have some for you to try and get an idea of what we are up to. I have 4 types in gallons (Gold Rush, Shore, Comp, and Honey) Memphis is still waiting until we bottle again. So that being said, do you want 5 gallons or did you want to revise?

• Advertising Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

He has plenty of free time right now as the restaurant he works at is closed during the lockdown.   I never did get that hat.

Sounds to me like he kept it LOL.......

Ill get you a package, obviously wouldn't want sharing issues popping up!

• Haha 1

The rubs will be pre-release versions still.  We are about a month out on rubs I think....also it has became a real pain sourcing stuff right now with the current situation.  I might have some for you to try and get an idea of what we are up to. I have 4 types in gallons (Gold Rush, Shore, Comp, and Honey) Memphis is still waiting until we bottle again. So that being said, do you want 5 gallons or did you want to revise?

Send me two comp , a shore and a gold rush. Preproduction on the rub is fine and I can get an idea what you’re working on

• Advertising Member

Send me two comp , a shore and a gold rush. Preproduction on the rub is fine and I can get an idea what you’re working on

Perfect.  Ill let you know the total and then you can paypal me later!  Probably get it out tomorrow.  I have a grocery story getting 18 cases tomorrow so that is when it will go out.

Edited by Seatofmypants

Perfect.  Ill let you know the total and then you can paypal me later!  Probably get it out tomorrow.  I have a grocery story getting 18 cases tomorrow so that is when it will go out.

Thanks homey 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes full 2” insulated box. I’ll post pics when we are done. I cooked 15 racks of ribs last fall in it and with just a few tweaks it hit 225f and stayed there for 4 hours. I’d consider setting up a temp control setup but it really doesn’t take much input to get it set.

Those old True brand reach in’s are built like bricks. The older ones that the refrigerator part quit working,are usually free and get scraped. 

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Those old True brand reach in’s are built like bricks. The older ones that the refrigerator part quit working,are usually free and get scraped. 

Yah...the nice ones are great boxes as well

1 hour ago, Seatofmypants said:

When you’re ready to go to market I’ll buy some. I go through quite a bit of Meat Church and Dizzy Pig, getting pretty low.