Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

12 hours ago, Momorider said:

:finger3:fuck you guys make me hungry every time I open this thread :finger2:

you're not alone, going to smoke some form of dead meat today, friend just got a Treager and we need to break it in

• Like 1

Got up early and smoked a breakfast fatty. After all those Old Fashion's last night, the bacon weave at 6AM was a challenge. Big hit with the family, will make again after my cholesterol stabilizes.

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The pastrami is in the steamer right now ....I whacked off a tiny chunk before I put it in and tasted it. This may be the best thing I've ever cooked

Nice :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Since I know what its like calling for technical service I decided to google for a repair for my smoker. After countless dead ends I found a post on a smoking site where a guy had had the same problem. Seems the infrared sensor can't "see" the feeder arm sometimes. He said he cured his with some electrical cleaner. Started spraying mine last week and today it started working properly again.

I'll be shopping at the farmer's market Thursday for something to throw in it.

I have subscribed to this guy's email newsletter for about 3 years now. He has some pretty good recipes and ideas. He usually sends a new recipe out once a month,some  pretty unique ones around holidays. They are never accompanied with any spam or BS..Well other than him pumping up his own rubs and sauces.. Thought some of you guys might be interested..

http://www.smoking-meat.com/

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I have subscribed to this guy's email newsletter for about 3 years now. He has some pretty good recipes and ideas. He usually sends a new recipe out once a month,some  pretty unique ones around holidays. They are never accompanied with any spam or BS..Well other than him pumping up his own rubs and sauces.. Thought some of you guys might be interested..

http://www.smoking-meat.com/

I've been getting it too :bc:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dz246 said:

Usually 150-160 internal temp on pork.

FDA has lowered the temp to 140 for pork. As soon as I learnt this bit of info my pork chops became instantly better, by a lot. 

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

never more than 145 on pork,  usually off the grill right about the time they hit 140 and let them rest for 5 minutes

That's what I do too.

14 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

WTF bhen no pics of that pistrami :groin:

That's what I'm talking about!! I have been checking back faithfully