Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

50 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Hopefully I can pick up my Napoleon water smoker and have something cooking this weekend or next. :bc:

I just picked up some baby backs to smoke this weekend.

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

are you sure your not just going to put them in the crockpot :dunno:  

positive. Cooking them on the kettle with charcoal and apple chunks :bbq:

• Like 1

damn ....2.99 is awesome

I did a butt today and am finishing it in the over right now. 8 hours on the smoker and my coal burned up so over for an hour to finish

I also put a 12 lb turkey in the cure brine and will be smoking that next weekend after a 6 day soak

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Anyone done a pastrami from a store bought corned beef?

I'm guessing it would be delicious but curing a brisket from scratch is so much more fun.

Just now, f7ben said:

I'm guessing it would be delicious but curing a brisket from scratch is so much more fun.

I have a store bought corned beef that I got on sale for $1.99/lb after St Patty's day. I'm thinking of trying to do Montreal Smoked Meat with. Very similar to pastrami, just different seasonings. We are supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow and 60's on Monday and Tuesday. I want to take advantage of the weather and smoke some meat! Woke up to 3" of snow this morning with snow showers all day. I'm ready for Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!111111

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have a store bought corned beef that I got on sale for $1.99/lb after St Patty's day. I'm thinking of trying to do Montreal Smoked Meat with. Very similar to pastrami, just different seasonings. We are supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow and 60's on Monday and Tuesday. I want to take advantage of the weather and smoke some meat! Woke up to 3" of snow this morning with snow showers all day. I'm ready for Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!111111

its nice here today ....65 and sun. Montreal smoked meat sounds awesome. I fucking love corned beef. Its so good

Just now, f7ben said:

its nice here today ....65 and sun. Montreal smoked meat sounds awesome. I fucking love corned beef. Its so good

I've had it once and it was very good. Something Rob turned me on to :bc:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I've had it once and it was very good. Something Rob turned me on to :bc:

I'm guessing the pastrami I made is more like smoked meat being it was a brisket instead of a naval cut

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm guessing the pastrami I made is more like smoked meat being it was a brisket instead of a naval cut

I need to try doing a brisket this summer :bc:

Just bought a new grill for the wife today at HD.  Wife prefers cooking  a with propane when she grills during the week, so I had to make her happy. I still prefer to cook ribs and burgers on charcoal. They didn't have any assembled so I was going to take it home  and do it myself but they said I could pick one up tomorrow   They called a little  while ago and said it was ready.   Wife told them we'd just pick it up tomorrow. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Just bought a new grill for the wife today at HD.  Wife prefers cooking  a with propane when she grills during the week, so I had to make her happy. I still prefer to cook ribs and burgers on charcoal. They didn't have any assembled so I was going to take it home  and do it myself but they said I could pick one up tomorrow   They called a little  while ago and said it was ready.   Wife told them we'd just pick it up tomorrow. 

what kind