Check your account email address ×

Things from the 80's.

Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

One of my best friend's dad, worked from Strohs. He lost his job when we were in 9th grade I think. They ended up moving to Kansas and have been there since '90

Strohs was definitely a Detroit institution for years......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Pretty much.  But it would have been a hell of a lot easier to make a Conquest or Daytona with 360 small block Mopar faster that what they came with. 

Emission controls killed those cars for over a decade. It wasn't until the fuel injection technology caught up that the house numbers started to climb again. 

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Loved that sled. Almost killed myself on it.   Hit an ice swell with it.  Jumped that sled so high and far it was bent into a u.

I was out cold . My buddies thought I was dead.

All I remember is it was about 385 lbs. and would go 90 on the lake.  And it was detuned from the original 77-78s, which were rockets.  I bought mine with 26 miles on it, from a farmer who rode it once and scared himself :lol: It was as fast as anything made that year, faster than most.

15 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Strohs was definitely a Detroit institution for years......

Yes it was

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Emission controls killed those cars for over a decade. It wasn't until the fuel injection technology caught up that the house numbers started to climb again. 

Thanks Captain O :lol:

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

All I remember is it was about 385 lbs. and would go 90 on the lake.  And it was detuned from the original 77-78s, which were rockets.  I bought mine with 26 miles on it, from a farmer who rode it once and scared himself :lol: It was as fast as anything made that year, faster than most.

Yup,  sled ran good out of the box.  It would give the cats fits ..... when they could em started. 😁

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

80's were easily the gayest decade ever  .....not even close. The 80's made disco look straight 

fuck that the 80s rock slut look is still to date one of my favas . . the 90s flannel and no makeup was a tough deal at the clubs   

I found a Mura high stepper cleaning out my mother-in-law's house a few weeks ago with original head phones but no box

my wife has been selling the shit out of a lot of 70s and 80s stuff on line last few mo . it is shocking what some of this crap is bringing in .

mura-histepper-HI-6.jpg

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

Dude....the cops cant do shit about drunken dumb fuckery on a sled if you dont stop..........I have never planned on stopping on no amount of faggot cops are gonna keep me from having a good time when I ride :lol: 

yeah tell my buddy  well acutance   who did over a year for fleeing after they brought the chopper out . fucking grown ass man running from cops and actually clipped one coming at him in a channel with open water. I am sure that was a fun one to tell the wife and kids about. do not try to run if you are with in 25 min of a major city they have tools  lol

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

a grand national was the only domestic produced in the whole 1980's that was worth even one single fuck 

That isn't saying much.

The 80's was also home of shitty Ski-Doo and Cat snowmobiles.  Polaris and Yamaha were top of that poop group.  

14 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Never realized how gross and bush was lol. All the women I've been with were shaved down to the wood

Had a couple with landing strips.  All the others shaved everything. I did have one ex who had quite the bush going on first time I finger banged her after the movies in my mom's 88 Dodge Dynasty :lol:   I told her after that , that the bush has got to go if she plans on me eating that snatch.  Shaved completely from that point on after that little talk :lmao:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Had a couple with landing strips.  All the others shaved everything. I did have one ex who had quite the bush going on first time I finger banged her after the movies in my mom's 88 Dodge Dynasty :lol:   I told her after that , that the bush has got to go if she plans on me eating that snatch.  Shaved completely from that point on after that little talk :lmao:

Holy fuck :lol:..