Check your account email address ×

Things from the 80's.

Highmark

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Terrible time for american cars although 80's trucks and blazers/broncos are still cool to this day.  mustangs and camaros were jsut as shitty as everything else with the posisble exception of the GN/GNX

Kid i went to megadeath with Sunday had a car in 88/89 we called the bonerig cause it belonged in the bone yard,  79 or 80 camaro with holes rusted through the floor and an anemic motor-  just a complete POS but had a ton of fun in the car and when you got stopped you could just put the can through the hole in the floor to not get bagged for possession

Yeah the cars sucked. Ironically the coolest car of the 80's was the Buick Gran National. And I was a porter at a Buick dealership in 87. Got to drive all of the cool cars them working there. To us the coolest cars were the 60's muscle cars. In hindsight all of those cars were pieces of shit compared to cars today. But man did we party our asses off back then.  

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

a grand national was the only domestic produced in the whole 1980's that was worth even one single fuck 

I worked at a Buick dealership in 87 and yeah the GNX was the shit then. But the most fun car I drove there was the pontiac GTA. We had all of them come thru there too. I drove vettes, mercedes, jaguars, mustangs, etc.. you name it. That was a cool ass job for a teenage kid. Me and the service manager would take one of the cars for a joy ride and smoke a joint. Drag race them to the gas station. We did a lot of stupid shit but it was probably the most fun job i ever had. 

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

The cars weren't all bad....most but not quite all.

Article-196-26e69e9b00c3d679048f6a877363314c.jpg

Silver spooner I went to high school with got a brand new 87 old 442 for his 16th birthday. They put glass packs on it to sound fast, it wasnt really. But i thought that was the coolest car. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

I worked at a Buick dealership in 87 and yeah the GNX was the shit then. But the most fun car I drove there was the pontiac GTA. We had all of them come thru there too. I drove vettes, mercedes, jaguars, mustangs, etc.. you name it. That was a cool ass job for a teenage kid. Me and the service manager would take one of the cars for a joy ride and smoke a joint. Drag race them to the gas station. We did a lot of stupid shit but it was probably the most fun job i ever had. 

that is a bad ass gig for a kid .....I woulda crashed all them cars :lol: 

Just now, f7ben said:

You know whats funny is the other porter there tried to run me over once and i kicked the car and put a big dent in it. We were freaking out because the car was sold. He just washed it and was driving it around. We took a rubber mallet and pounded it back as good as we could and drove it around. never heard a word about it. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The 80's were also kinda the wild west days of snowmobiling. Drunken dumbfuckery was synonymous with snowmobiling. You should have been born 10 years earlier bro. :lol: 

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

a grand national was the only domestic produced in the whole 1980's that was worth even one single fuck 

Why because it had a turbo? I had one, paid 700 bucks for it, there was a time they were not worth shit, just a big lacquer cracking pos 

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

Silver spooner I went to high school with got a brand new 87 old 442 for his 16th birthday. They put glass packs on it to sound fast, it wasnt really. But i thought that was the coolest car. 

They were but they were just a 307 cutlass with 442 stripping, used to clone every 85-87 cutlass i got my hands on, the Hurst was by far the coolest GM car of the mid to late 80s

Just now, MiSledder said:

They were but they were just a 307 cutlass with 442 stripping, used to clone every 85-87 cutlass i got my hands on, the Hurst was by far the coolest GM car of the mid to late 80s

Yeah we raced him in my buddies chevelle and smoked his ass pretty bad. I think the thing had like 180hp stock. It could barely break the tires loose. But they were cool looking cars. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah we raced him in my buddies chevelle and smoked his ass pretty bad. I think the thing had like 180hp stock. It could barely break the tires loose. But they were cool looking cars. 

Very cool looking cars, the hurst with T tops and lightening rods and the chrome rallies was bad ass for the day

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

The 80's were also kinda the wild west days of snowmobiling. Drunken dumbfuckery was synonymous with snowmobiling. You should have been born 10 years earlier bro. :lol: 

Dude....the cops cant do shit about drunken dumb fuckery on a sled if you dont stop..........I have never planned on stopping on no amount of faggot cops are gonna keep me from having a good time when I ride :lol: 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I worked at a Buick dealership in 87 and yeah the GNX was the shit then. But the most fun car I drove there was the pontiac GTA. We had all of them come thru there too. I drove vettes, mercedes, jaguars, mustangs, etc.. you name it. That was a cool ass job for a teenage kid. Me and the service manager would take one of the cars for a joy ride and smoke a joint. Drag race them to the gas station. We did a lot of stupid shit but it was probably the most fun job i ever had. 

What a coincidence, my uncle bought an 87 GN brand new and let me take it to prom etc, he still has that.  Then in 96 I bought an 89 Red GTA convertible that only had 19k on it, I didn't realize what I had until after I sold it.  Both were awesome cars.  I really wanted the 89 turbo TA, I actually think that was the coolest car of the 80's but never bought one.   Good times.

Edited by racer254