Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

That’s a full load on a conveyor truck. We will Run short about 1.5 meter. 8 meters is plenty when your shovelling, raking and trowelling by hand.

a cubic meter is about 10% bigger than a cubic yard

Gotcha. :bc:

You're darn right it is!! I've shovelled my share over the years and I'm glad those days are long behind me! 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

fucking nooks :lol:     

Or is it the fucking 'mericans that have to be different than the rest of the world :lol:

We are the greatest country on earth,  our way is always the right way.  Canucks should do the conversion to real temps

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

We are the greatest country on earth,  our way is always the right way.  Canucks should do the conversion to real temps

Hey, what are you up to on Saturday? If you feel like taking a bike ride Barry is coming up after work tomorrow and staying through Sunday morning. I have your old air mattress here if you wanted to stay over.   Do you think you could still keep up with us like you did at camp?  :smoke:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Same, wheel-barrel can also kiss it.

I’ve pretty much stopped the wheelbarrowing myself but we still use them regularly. A lot of tight access in the newer neighbourhoods.

The guy inside the pool in my pic is my kid. He loves to push wheelbarrows and ride the other employees asses. He’ll tell the concrete drivers to up the loads just the watch the weaker guys struggle.

oh, here comes my truck 45 minutes late.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I’ve pretty much stopped the wheelbarrowing myself but we still use them regularly. A lot of tight access in the newer neighbourhoods.

The guy inside the pool in my pic is my kid. He loves to push wheelbarrows and ride the other employees asses. He’ll tell the concrete drivers to up the loads just the watch the weaker guys struggle.

oh, here comes my truck 45 minutes late.

He needs to give the slacker on the outside some encouragement.:lol:

Morning gentlemen.  66° and cloudy to kick off this Friday morning. The forecast is calling for HOT weather from the Midwest to the Northeast over the next few days.  Stay hydrated my friends :bc:  <<<WATER

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You can cut the air with a knife. 😂

That's pretty damn warm this early in the day. You guys in the midwest are boiling.

image.png

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Beer is 90-95% water. So that counts, right? :bc:

Well,  Coors Lite is  :lol:

Downeast Maine will be nice a cool over the next couple of days.

image.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's pretty damn warm this early in the day. You guys in the midwest are boiling.

image.png

As hot as it seems here we are fortunate to be this far north and on the lakeshore...southern Michigan is really cooking. My buddy’s kid is at Faster Horses Music Festival at MIS...the infield care center is going to be busy and going through some IV bags. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

As hot as it seems here we are fortunate to be this far north and on the lakeshore...southern Michigan is really cooking. My buddy’s kid is at Faster Horses Music Festival at MIS...the infield care center is going to be busy and going through some IV bags. 

The spectators and competitors are going to need a lot of fluids at NHMS this weekend.  No way I'd be going to sit in the stands to watch a race in that heat :nea:

image.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ckf said:

Hey, what are you up to on Saturday? If you feel like taking a bike ride Barry is coming up after work tomorrow and staying through Sunday morning. I have your old air mattress here if you wanted to stay over.   Do you think you could still keep up with us like you did at camp?  :smoke:

daughters grad party Saturday at the house unfortunately,  would love to have come up.  Got no bike right now,  what i thought i was replacing the vstrom with sold 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ckf said:

The spectators and competitors are going to need a lot of fluids at NHMS this weekend.  No way I'd be going to sit in the stands to watch a race in that heat :nea:

image.png

too bad they didn't keep the september race instead,  July race has been too hot too many years.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

daughters grad party Saturday at the house unfortunately,  would love to have come up.  Got no bike right now,  what i thought i was replacing the vstrom with sold 

Lets try to set something up for this fall. Barry usually comes up every few months :bc:

39 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

too bad they didn't keep the september race instead,  July race has been too hot too many years.  

Agreed.   I've been to a few September races that are on the warm side for me.

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

They still have an event, but not official NASCAR.  Super mods, stock, trucks, and something else.

Edit: Canadian circuit.

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 7:39 AM, Blackstar said:

29 and sunny today. I have 8 meters of concrete on order for 3pm cause I couldn't get it earlier. Its gonna be a tough pour.

Tomorrow is supposed to hit 32 with chance of thunder storms.

Never did hit 32 here today. 29 was the hottest it got, thankfully, and it didn't get there until we quit work at 5pm. A couple small showers through the day but not enough to help my lawn.