Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

still hot out there,  i cleaned up after my daughters party while the wife was off kayaking with a friend but instead of working on my jeep projects I am sitting in the ac in front of the telly.  Need to strip and bedline the flares,  install fender covers,  sand and repaint some rusty areas and sand and bedline the side protection but all that sounds hot.    

• Like 1

I worked in my garage all afternoon. It was 78 inside the garage. I didn't want to waste the fukken day, and I had to get the place cleaned-up/organized. Also overhauled the grille for summer. Also changed the trailer hitch ball from 2" to 1 7/8"so I can haul the boat...………….hopefully some time this week. 

It still was hot working, but bearable. Most of the garage is done, maybe another 1/2 hour to finish, but going through my tool boxes will take half a day. 

11 hours ago, Kivalo said:

My niece Ellie got pissed off at my niece Alex. So Alex decides she wants Oreos and Ellie goes to get them for her. But Ellie is still pissed off so she carves out the double stuff and replaces it with horseradish then gives them to Alex!  :lol:

Gee, I wonder who they take after!!   :whistle:

Cloudy/overcast here and currently sitting at 22 c, which is a welcome relief from the +44, with the humidex, that we experienced on the weekend! 

Spent most of Saturday waiting for our power to come back on in our park. At first it was just every other trailer, including ours, that had no power. I was able to run an extension cord to our neighbors trailer who had power in order to keep the fridge cold in our shed. Our trailer has propane backup for it's fridge. After some time and a large fuse exchange, we had power back but only for a brief time before all trailers went out through the whole park.

A quick text to the park owner to inform her about the situation then a call back telling us the whole lake was out!!

About 3-4 hrs later, we had power again but things were warming up in our fridges/trailers and some with young kids decided to go home prior to that. 

Our lot, which faces the west, was quite popular due to the nice breeze so we made the most of it by going tubing and swimming and relaxing in the shade.

WP_20150729_12_02_02_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

Morning. Currently partly sunny and 62°.  The front came through here yesterday afternoon with just a few sprinkles. It nice to have dew points back in the mid 50's instead of the low 70's that we had over the weekend.

NATIONAL-HAMMOCK-DAY-July-22-768x384.png

:ge:

I survived the weekend with out AC. My electric bill will be reasonable thank god. It’s 70 here with lots of rain coming in.

Just dropped the race car motor off at the engine shop. Should be ready by Wednesday. Bent the crank snout when we hit the wall. Frame is at the frame shop getting straightened. The joys of circle track racing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

:ge:

I survived the weekend with out AC. My electric bill will be reasonable thank god. It’s 70 here with lots of rain coming in.

Just dropped the race car motor off at the engine shop. Should be ready by Wednesday. Bent the crank snout when we hit the wall. Frame is at the frame shop getting straightened. The joys of circle track racing 

The stands looked pretty bleak at Loudon this weekend.  Did the heat keep fans away at your track?  Also, was this the Oxford 250 weekend?

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

The stands looked pretty bleak at Loudon this weekend.  Did the heat keep fans away at your track?  Also, was this the Oxford 250 weekend?

Crowd was sparse this past Friday. Heat definitely  kept people away.

Didn't stop us from another win tho. We are on fire with 6 wins 3 in a row.. Going for 4 in a row Friday. Fresh motor helped a lot

Not sure on the oxford race.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

just a few sprinkles here so fat.

Ok

Front is heading northeast. Really nice here. Cloudy 72 and dry but not for long. Got the race car back today from the frame guy. No front clip needed whew. 

Motor will be ready Wednesday and hopefully the car will be ready for the scales Thursday afternoon 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

You guys up north getting poured on? Looks like it

It's on its way, been rainin' since bout 3-3:30 I reckon? Hunker down fella, tha big shits commin' overnight. Sounds like a pissed off diesel with a vacuum leak, coming our way. Should cool er down a touch though, that'd be fine with me. 

Safe travels sailors , keep it rubber side down!

:salute:

4 hours ago, ckf said:

just a few sprinkles here so fat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

had blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream last night.  Apple is better but it's blueberry time of year

I can’t remember the last time I had blueberry pie.  Decades maybe!!

Thats got to change.  BTW, the only justifiable reason to eat plain vanilla ice cream is with pie (or cake).  That’s it.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I can’t remember the last time I had blueberry pie.  Decades maybe!!

Thats got to change.  BTW, the only justifiable reason to eat plain vanilla ice cream is with pie (or cake).  That’s it.

i struggled with buying the ice cream for that exact reason.  the other half of it will get freezer burnt then tossed out

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i struggled with buying the ice cream for that exact reason.  the other half of it will get freezer burnt then tossed out

Yup.  I’ve NEVER had a problem with any other ice cream going bad.  NEVER EVER!

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Or ya can buy another pie.

i buy maybe 2 a year.  wife went blueberry picking yesterday which got me on the blueberry pie train.  I guess I could have her make some cobbler to use the rest up.