***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Good Sunday morning everyone. Currently party sunny and 65°.

Grand Marnier is one of my favorites. It goes great with egg nog around the holidays.  I still have some left from the bottle that @Zambroski bought me :bc: 

NATIONAL-GRAND-MARNIER-DAY-%E2%80%93-Jul

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Good Sunday morning everyone. Currently party sunny and 65°.

Grand Marnier is one of my favorites. It goes great with egg nog around the holidays.  I still have some left from the bottle that @Zambroski bought me :bc: 

NATIONAL-GRAND-MARNIER-DAY-%E2%80%93-Jul

It’s very likely I may be a bad influence....or a good one!!!!

:bc:

• Haha 1

Morning-

72 / 68 and mostly clear.  Spent a few ours with our YGD yesterday.  Went to the park and made up a couple games then played hide n seek and tag.  Home by 5 then din and chill for the night.  Reese has a vet appt today and I bet his check out looks like a CVS receipt lol

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Nice morning with possible T Storms later....busy weekend around here with Boyne Thunder rolling through the channel and an art/craft show in the park downtown creating a traffic nightmare.

EDD7272D-AA2A-452D-8766-B854F66E0AA1.thumb.png.db12b231f62d0edcec9dbd7af30d669c.png

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ckf said:

Good morning gents. Starting this Monday morning with sunny skies and 60°.

going to be miserable here from Wednesday on. The speedway will be brutal friday

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

going to be miserable here from Wednesday on. The speedway will be brutal friday

Same here. The temps might not be as high as yours in southern New England, but it's all what you are accustomed to. 80's is boiling hot for us. Same thing with the overnight lows. If it doesn't drop back in to the 50's it's a warm night for sleeping,  lol.   What part of CT did you move to?

image.png

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Same here. The temps might not be as high as yours in southern New England, but it's all what you are accustomed to. 80's is boiling hot for us. Same thing with the overnight lows. If it doesn't drop back in to the 50's it's a warm night for sleeping,  lol.   What part of CT did you move to?

image.png

I moved to Stafford Springs. About a mile over the mass border. Im close to the speedway and the race shop now.

I couldn't be happier.

170126174_0_juIzii_l.jpg

170126174_0_62mABq_l.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You need an irrigation system

Needs more than that.. lol. I don't have the money this year to do anything. Maybe next.

Edited by Pete

32 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You need an irrigation system

Back in the day when I was going to school I did some irrigation work...late 80’s...we used a lot of Rainbird stuff and some Hunter, Toro as well. What are you using these days? I liked doing it.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hey..

Its running great! I just love this car and enjoy it immensely. Thanks for asking.

nova3.jpg

I've always had a thing for the old Nova's and Chevy II's.  Nice looking car you have there :bc:

Do you ever see Brian55 or whatever his screen name was?

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've always had a thing for the old Nova's and Chevy II's.  Nice looking car you have there :bc:

No

Never met him before. Maybe someday. :bc:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Back in the day when I was going to school I did some irrigation work...late 80’s...we used a lot of Rainbird stuff and some Hunter, Toro as well. What are you using these days? I liked doing it.

i have a mix of all 3 in my system.  I just replaced a couple rainbird solenoids,  need to replace 2 toro heads and my control box is a hunter.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hunter heads , controller,Rain sensor , rainbird valves.

Edited by steve from amherst
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ckf said:

He's posting on tbp FYI :bc: 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ckf said:

:gm1:    Starting off this National Corn Fritters Day with sunshine and 50°.  Temps and humidity are on the rise starting later today :(

Wow cool start up there John.

It may hit 100 in springfield on Saturday. 95 and humid Friday will be unbearable in the pits at the speedway. Im not looking forward to it. We will be trying for 4th win in a row.

• Like 1

Just now, Pete said:

Wow cool start up there John.

It may hit 100 in springfield on Saturday. 95 and humid Friday will be unbearable in the pits at the speedway. Im not looking forward to it. We will be trying for 4th win in a row.

It's a different world up here north of the notches. It's great this time of year.... the -25 to -30 in the winter, not so much, LOL.

Tell me about the speedway. Are you part of a pit crew? Modified, or late model stocks? 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

It's a different world up here north of the notches. It's great this time of year.... the -25 to -30 in the winter, not so much, LOL.

Tell me about the speedway. Are you part of a pit crew? Modified, or late model stocks? 

My BIL has a 3 car team. My buddy Tommy and My nephew run the late model division. My niece runs Limited Late model division. Tommy is the all time winningest late model driver in the history of the speedway.

Last week Tommy won and my niece won her division. The team is pumped to dominate the rest of the season again. Tommy is in the point lead and it grows weekly.

$135 per tire. $540 for a set X 3. $11 a gallon Sunoco supreme race gas.. Its a very expensive sport. My BIL has his own business and without him we wouldn't be where we are today.

Ill be at the shop tonight to work on the cars for Friday night. Its a rat race all summer long lol.

• Like 1