Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Lol yeah it was. The aero Monty got ugly too lol

:iagree:  They were made for the track, not the street.

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Monte Carlo or Buick Regal were the cars to run at the roundy round tracks. Hell we still use G body frames today. Getting hard to find 

I liked the looks of the SS over the Regal. The nose on the Grand Nationals, Gran Prix and 442's were ugly IMO.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My wife was visiting her mom today and found this picture of my MIL and late FIL....had no idea they rode sleds back in the day.

IMG_4849.thumb.JPG.9e013875fba95454af8934d94e03d9a9.JPG

Very cool. Early 70's Olympic?

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

What a difference AC makes. It's warmer inside than out, but it feels 10 degrees cooler inside because of the lower  humidity.

image.png

Humidity is key.

It’s fairly humid here but 68 now that the storms went through. I got the whole house fan on . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Humidity is key.

It’s fairly humid here but 68 now that the storms went through. I got the whole house fan on . 

I think we get a little reprieve from the humidity in northern New England tomorrow before the really hot humid air arrives for Friday and Saturday. 

Morning-

76 / 71 and holy fawk is it hot and humid.  Weather gal said heat index of 110 is very likely today and tomorrow.  In about 12 hours the lake should feel pretty damn good.  Individual therapy was great and mom is doing pretty good.  Good day folks.

• Like 2

:gm1:   54° and very foggy to kick off Friday eve.   The forecast is calling for a bit of a reprieve from the humidity today before it returns with a vengeance tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

:gm1:   54° and very foggy to kick off Friday eve.   The forecast is calling for a bit of a reprieve from the humidity today before it returns with a vengeance tomorrow.

:gm2:

Muggy as hell here. poured rain and some serious lightning yesterday.

Excessive heat watch for Saturday. The speedway will be unbearable tomorrow afternoon but we run good in the heat. im going to have to turn on AC I suppose at some point.

Midwest looks worse tho. wow

Edited by Pete

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

:gm2:

Muggy as hell here. poured rain and some serious lightning yesterday.

Excessive heat watch for Saturday. The speedway will be unbearable tomorrow afternoon but we run good in the heat. im going to have to turn on AC I suppose at some point.

Midwest looks worse tho. 

The heat index for Kansas City today is 111° .  It will be interesting to see if we hit 90° or above on Saturday. We haven't made it to 90° in the past 5 summers that we have lived here.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Already warm here. I know when I walk outside at 5:30 with no shirt on that it's going to be a scoarcher.

I had to throw on a piece of fleece this AM when we were having coffee on the deck.

• Platinum Contributing Member

29 and sunny today. I have 8 meters of concrete on order for 3pm cause I couldn't get it earlier. Its gonna be a tough pour.

Tomorrow is supposed to hit 32 with chance of thunder storms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

29 and sunny today. I have 8 meters of concrete on order for 3pm cause I couldn't get it earlier. Its gonna be a tough pour.

Almost a full load or is 8 meters the max nowadays? Back in the day 8 meters was a drop in the ocean for some of the pours I was on, but then again, we were building pools. :)

Concrete pouring on Vacuum Building roof, Oct 24 1985.jpg

Darlington concrete pouring.jpg

We got concrete by the yards the summer that I worked for a buddy in the foundation biz. Thank god I was on the footings crew instead of the wall crew, lol.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

fuck thats cold for this time of year,  concrete going to freeze up?  Thunder snow is cool :news:  

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

that's Celsius right?

Just now, Blackstar said:

lol  yes.

fucking nooks :lol:     

Or is it the fucking 'mericans that have to be different than the rest of the world :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, irv said:

Almost a full load or is 8 meters the max nowadays? Back in the day 8 meters was a drop in the ocean for some of the pours I was on, but then again, we were building pools. :)

Concrete pouring on Vacuum Building roof, Oct 24 1985.jpg

Darlington concrete pouring.jpg

That’s a full load on a conveyor truck. We will Run short about 1.5 meter. 8 meters is plenty when your shovelling, raking and towelling by hand.

a cubic meter is about 10% bigger than a cubic yard